Why do you love to wear High Heels?

TXGuy

On 23/02/2018 at 10:48 AM, Jkrenzer said:

Ok, now I'm curious, what kind of conference causes you to get glitter on your face?

It was the last one before Christmas and I won a place in the VIP enclosure. Most people there were getting glitter applied, with gel put on part of the face (in my case above one eyebrow like a lot were having done) and glitter attached. One guy I know well had a line of it right along his bald head like a Mohican job. It's a network marketing company and you couldn't ask for a more friendly and open bunch of people. Probably at least 80% are women. The word 'fun' is actually written in the company's mission statement. If anyone in the company asks me, I'll say to start with that I'd noticed that a lot of the successful people in the business wear heels, so I hoped it might give me the edge. I'll then go on to tell them the 'bad back' reason.

I wore the block heels this time and had no comments at all although I know quite a few people saw them, including ladies sitting either side of me. One of them has since friended me on Facebook so it couldn't have freaked her out. She had some lovely patent stilettos on, herself. There were lot of lovely heels around, including some orgasmic single sole red sandals with heels at least 5 inches, and the wearer's feet were quite small. I wish I'd had a chance to talk to her and compliment her on them. It's always interesting to see how well people walk in heels, too.

I'll wear the same ones on Wednesday to a company training in London. I'll be in the car with a couple of ladies and the light levels will be much higher in the room, so I'll have nowhere to hide them!

• Like 4

'Come, and trip it as ye go

On the light fantastic toe.'

John Milton

19 hours ago, Tacchi Alti said:

I wore the block heels this time and had no comments at all although I know quite a few people saw them, including ladies sitting either side of me. One of them has since friended me on Facebook so it couldn't have freaked her out. She had some lovely patent stilettos on, herself. There were lot of lovely heels around, including some orgasmic single sole red sandals with heels at least 5 inches, and the wearer's feet were quite small. I wish I'd had a chance to talk to her and compliment her on them. It's always interesting to see how well people walk in heels, too.

I'll wear the same ones on Wednesday to a company training in London. I'll be in the car with a couple of ladies and the light levels will be much higher in the room, so I'll have nowhere to hide them!

Well done - sounds like it was a success - even if no one landed up chatting with you about them. maybe on Wednesday? 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, jeremy1986 said:

Well done - sounds like it was a success - even if no one landed up chatting with you about them. maybe on Wednesday? 

I hope so, if we get there! Not sure what the weather will throw at us in the next 24 hours! It's been snowing here, and is now snowing again. I took a couple of pictures of my high heeled footprints in the snow. An interesting shape - cleated sole and fairly narrow wedge. I can't upload it direct as I'm on a computer, the photo is on my phone, and I've never found a simple way of transferring files as the SD card is not recognised as a drive when I attach the phone to the computer! I have to take out the phone and insert it in the card slot on my computer, and this computer has no working card slot...

• Like 3

John Milton

Just now, Tacchi Alti said:

I hope so, if we get there! Not sure what the weather will throw at us in the next 24 hours! It's been snowing here, and is now snowing again. I took a couple of pictures of my high heeled footprints in the snow. An interesting shape - cleated sole and fairly narrow wedge. I can't upload it direct as I'm on a computer, the photo is on my phone, and I've never found a simple way of transferring files as the SD card is not recognised as a drive when I attach the phone to the computer! I have to take out the phone and insert it in the card slot on my computer, and this computer has no working card slot...

oh well - would love to see if you work it out!

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Tacchi Alti said:

I can't upload it direct as I'm on a computer, the photo is on my phone, and I've never found a simple way of transferring files as the SD card is not recognised as a drive when I attach the phone to the computer! I have to take out the phone and insert it in the card slot on my computer, and this computer has no working card slot...

Idea:  Email the photo to yourself from the phone.

I transfer photos from my Samsung phone to my PC witha USB cable. The PC recognises the phone as a storage device. Have to go down the file system to DCIM\Camera to find the photos.

3 minutes ago, at9 said:

Idea:  Email the photo to yourself from the phone.

I transfer photos from my Samsung phone to my PC witha USB cable. The PC recognises the phone as a storage device. Have to go down the file system to DCIM\Camera to find the photos.

I used to be able to do that with every other phone I've had. On this one I've even tried installing the company's own software to facilitate it but it simply won't show the drive anywhere!

John Milton

In the phone settings on my phone (an old Samsung S3) there are 2 different ways for it to connect to a PC. From memory (fallible) one is as a storage device, the other is as a media device. Ihave it connected as storage. It's fairly slow, takes a few seconds to recognise that the phone has been connected and occasionally needs a 2nd attempt.

21 hours ago, at9 said:

In the phone settings on my phone (an old Samsung S3) there are 2 different ways for it to connect to a PC. From memory (fallible) one is as a storage device, the other is as a media device. Ihave it connected as storage. It's fairly slow, takes a few seconds to recognise that the phone has been connected and occasionally needs a 2nd attempt.

Tried all that! It simply doesn't recognise anything - not even the phone! The other phones I've had were fine, and yes, there are two storage bits - phone and SD card. I always save photos to the SD card.

John Milton

• 2 weeks later...
On 23.10.2017 at 2:53 AM, TXGuy said:

Why do you wear high heels?

Good question!  (several weeks ago I had the same question in mind, to open a thread about that topic*) 

And here are my reasons, to wear high heeled shoes:

- I love the slilhouette of high heels

- Pumps/ court shoes are in my opinion the best designed shoe type ever!

- gender equality is no one way road! - why should I abstain from heels?

- I like that feeling, to be "elevated"

- the heels are forcing me, to be more aware about my way to walk, to prance with elegance and power

- it brings positive energie, happiness

- I do feel more sexy

- and I like that somehow tighter feeling of the well fitting shoes - no wobbeling like sneakers or gym shoes.

* :  http://mohh21.forumprofi.de/high-heels-stoeckelschuhe-stilettos-hochhackige-sc-f28/warum-tragen-wir-stoeckelschuhe--t2127.html)

• Like 2

LIFE IS TOO SHORT FOR SHORT HEELS!

Tacchi Alti,

Isn't measurable snow quite irregular in southern Great Britain?? I know every so often a good snow comes but don't most winters, say south of the Midlands, have no snow at all?? I remember being in London in December and thinking temperatures around 43F/6C were  not that cold. A day later that damp cold started to get under my jacket! No wonder throwing down a few pints is so popular. HappyinHeels

• 2 weeks later...

Here's where a picture is worth at thousand words. I can sit out in my garden and enjoy the sun on my feet.  Luving my new leggings.

FB Canti in G1H.JPG

Edited by Cali
  • Like 4

The original thought behind the question way back when was for me to come up with a good description that my wife can understand and accept. Putting better words in my mouth as it is.  ;)  I’ve had many discussions since then about this topic with my wife, and I’ve come to one conclusion. No matter how many ways I can describe why I love to wear high heels, there is no way for her to really understand it. I think of it like this now. I love cars as well, all kinds, especially the ones I have gotten to drive, whether they are mine or not. I’ll call out rare ones on the road and point them out to my son. My wife does not understand that as well. It just does not make sense to her. Hasn't for the last 20 years. For her, or anyone else with no love for heels, it is like a leap of faith to just come to an understanding and accept that I love to wear heels. When that happens, I have no clue.

Edited by TXGuy
  • Like 2

It compliments the skinny jeans i wear so well. The right heels look so good on woman, so why can't i try wearing them also. The dissonance it brings woman seeing me in heels also is worth while to observe and satisfying.  

• Like 1

TXGuy is there something your wife loves that you can't understand why? If so, does she know you have no clue why?  Then explain it like that.  Otherwise tell her it just something that makes you feel alive.  For me it's my nail color. Heels are just normal.

Edited by Cali
  • Like 1

• 2 months later...

Oh my! A very dated topic for a very dated guy such as myself - I'm always last-minute as is, and Facebook isn't helping matters! LOL! (No offense to the author by the way)

So I might have posted a little something back when the post was made, or made a similar post on a similar topic many moons back. Buut it doesn't hurt me too much to re-tread a topic that I also have trouble explaining. At the time of telling my mom about my heel-'thing', I didn't know how to explain it to her, either. To the point where she told me days after, that she had rather me be gay or something related, something she would better comprehend, said her. This was many years ago while still in grade school.

ANY way, on the topic...
I LIKE wearing high heels now. I don't LOVE it like I use to as it only just became a part of me that I own up to around social media, and in public when I feel up to it. Like some here have mentioned, it also started as a sort of fetish, mainly for... 'turn on' reasons. Started around elementary/middle school transitions, where I was "curious" and "wondering", then went full-blown after I graduated high school in 2010. Since then, it's gone from "fetish-y" to more of a 'it's just me' deal & I liked them as an alternative to what choices we have on our side of the aisle, which is another big reason I'm into heels.
The options are ENDLESS. High heels, low heels, chunky heels, stilettos, 4-inchers, TEN-inchers, wedges, heel-less, the list goes on and on! There are so many choices I can choose from depending on my mood, and I LOVE that part about it. (So may be a lied a little bit in the beginning, haha). Not only that, there's many colors to choose from, many styles, many brands, you name it. So much so that I have favorites, more than I could ever say with mens' shoes as a whole. Not to even mention the styles in womens' that are inspired by popular mens' styles, so what's the point of ever going back when I can add 3-4 inches to my height? :P

Of course, I am very limited to wearing heels out due to my living arrangements, mostly to my own accord but for sound reasons. But I still get my chances every so often.

EDIT: Decided to add a picture of my current favorite look that I wore out a few weeks back. Had a TON of errands to run, and the shoes happen to be my top favorite at the moment. Even for open-toe shoes!

IMG_20180612_141814.jpg

Edited by HHDude
Picture added
  • Like 5

Formally "HHDude"

2 minutes ago, jeremy1986 said:

Those are cute platform wedges... very comfy for running errands ;-)

That much is for certain! And I'm normally not a fan of going out bare open-toed. Luckily I trimmed them all beforehand, especially the big toes, haha. But something about these shoes scream 'best comfort ever' and the most casual in my opinion. I'm a jeans kind of guy so these were a must.

• Like 1

Formally "HHDude"

Nice sandals.....   If you are going to wear sandals, your feet should look nice....    sf

"Why should girls have all the fun!!"

16 hours ago, SF said:

Nice sandals.....   If you are going to wear sandals, your feet should look nice....    sf

Ever since going to a pedicure place years back, I've had it in the back of my head to revisit & pay them a proper tip. With these shoes, I've even more incentive to head back for nicer-looking toes :thumbsup: What's a good starter color polish to go for? I was thinking black but maybe that's Too basic?

11 hours ago, HappyinHeels said:

HHDude,

Well done. Those do look quite comfy for doing errands or just about anything else. We wedge wearers are multiplying! HappyinHeels

Woot woot! Wedges will always be my preferred style of choice. Glad to hear that I'm not alone on the choice! :rocker:

Formally "HHDude"

HHDude,

I get about 24 pedicures a year. My hands no longer can take care of my toes so I have them professionally done. As for color, save BLACK for the fall. It's summer, look for some sparkles or shine, fun colors. I wear mostly open toe sandals this time of year so my toes are always on display, they have to look their best; same with my fingers.  My toes are a holographic blue and my fingers are silver based multi-color sparkles with white french tips.  I'll been getting 2-3 compliments day on my fingernails.

Edited by Cali
  • Thanks 1

1 hour ago, Cali said:

HHDude,

I get about 24 pedicures a year. My hands no longer can take care of my toes so I have them professionally done. As for color, save BLACK for the fall. It's summer, look for some sparkles or shine, fun colors. I wear mostly open toe sandals this time of year so my toes are always on display, they have to look their best; same with my fingers.  My toes are a holographic blue and my fingers are silver based multi-color sparkles with white french tips.  I'll been getting 2-3 compliments day on my fingernails.

But I'm scareddddd! I was hoping black was good for a beginner like me. But I was also considering white due to it being the summer. Wouldn't want to burn my toes as soon as I walked out of the pedicure place, haha.

• Like 1

Formally "HHDude"

It is scary, everything is scary the first time. I have been having pedicures for 10 years, ever since I had experimental hand surgery. Started to get color on my toes about 9 years ago, and now I get wild with color and designs.  But those first few times I only got tint.

HHDude,

Cali is right. Avoid black. It's a bold but cold color. Go for warmer colors in summer.

Consider metallics. Gold, Silver, and Copper all look great and not particularly femme. I've worn them all. Surprisingly, they don't attract a lot of attention. If you want more attention, go with blue, green, or red metallics. Nothing to be scared of. You'll get a few stares, but you'll get ignored by most people. You'll get a few compliments, too.

Be confident. Wear your nail polish like you own it. Well...?

Steve

The color of my heels depends on what I am wearing. If I have on black slacks I will usually match them with black heels especially if I am at work. I tend to dress business casual at work so having brighter colors or sparkly heels on will clash with what I wear. Just my personal style. The brighter colors or metallic are fine if I am out and about.