Why do you love to wear High Heels?

TXGuy

A very interesting post, Histiletto. My liking for heels didn't start until I was about 12 or 13, when I secretly tried on a pair of platform sandals owned by the sister of one of my friends, but I was hooked for life. Fortunately my wife accepts most of the heels I wear publicly but if I wear stilettos or other more feminine styles she says I shouldn't wear them if I'm not happy for our friends and family to see them.

HeeladdictBe is suffering from the sort of female thinking which we males cannot fathom. Say you wore men's flat lace-up shoes to bed, for her benefit, would you say to her that the shoes were more important to her than you were? You won't change her thinking! If you continue to love wearing heels, you'll be constantly frustrated by living with someone who constantly exercises emotional blackmail, as in stopping having sex. I'm sure most here have had a purge on their heels at some time, throwing them away for someone else's sake, then regretting it and buying more. Don't get trapped in a relationship where you can't both express yourselves freely. It's a two-way matter. One problem is that if she wears heels for you she's doing it just to gratify you, and it shows. She resents it. My wife would ask me what I'd like her to wear, but what I liked was very different from what she liked, and I said to her just to wear what she liked, as if she liked sexy clothes and heels she'd be confident in them, and that confidence attracted me far more than the martyr attitude of someone who was doing things just to please me and didn't like the clothes at all.

• Like 1

'Come, and trip it as ye go

On the light fantastic toe.'

John Milton

I agree with Tacchi Alti. 

I am much more excited by a woman wearing sneakers and who tells me :

i miss my high heels. 

And totally disappointed if ,wearing the most sexiest pump we could dream on,she tells me:

i am really looking forward to get rid of these stupid shoes 

Pierre

• Like 1

Jeremy - interesting that as your wife gained weight, she shunned heels.  Mine has been pretty heavy at times, but she always felt that attractive shoes were the one thing she could wear, even if she had to start finding things that came in a wider width.  Heels only stopped when her poor feet just would not allow it.  It is interesting because, when she was young, she didn't wear heels pretty much until I came along and requested that she wear them.  She got used to them, and then they became an integral part of her wardrobe.  When she could no longer wear them, she was actually upset about it and hates wearing, as she puts it, "these ugly shoes."  She said that she wouldn't have believed that she'd love heels when she was young, but that I had gotten her hooked on them.  I should thank my lucky stars that I had all those years of her in great shoes.  

mlroseplant, from what I see, not many women in their 50's wear much in the way of heels any more.  There are still a few stalwarts who continue to dress nicely with heels, but honestly, the entire population has become so casual with dress that heels are getting to be rare in many areas.  In the suburbs in my area, heels are basically non-existent, even in some of the nicer restaurants.  If one goes into the city, where the population is younger as a rule, you will see more heels in the evenings at restaurants, bars, etc.  Take me back to the late 80's/early 90's please!

10 hours ago, RonC said:

Jeremy - interesting that as your wife gained weight, she shunned heels.  

Yes. though I do understand the logic, of not bringing attention to one's self when feeling self conscious. 

10 hours ago, RonC said:

I should thank my lucky stars that I had all those years of her in great shoes.  

Yes = totally! 

10 hours ago, RonC said:

In the suburbs in my area, heels are basically non-existent...

Tell me about it.... ugly flip-flops seem to be the most common. ugh! 

For most women, high heels are just another of the huge range of items of clothing available to them, to be worn as and when they feel like it. For most men, heels are just the silly things some women wear to wreck their feet, and they mostly don't even notice what a woman (or a man) is wearing. We on this site have a passion for heels, and probably find it difficult to understand why women are so blasée about them. Also we probably wear heels higher than 98% of the female population have ever worn, so it sets us in a very small category of marginally over 2% of the entire population. Most women are probably completely baffled by our desire to wear them, particularly that high, as they have no such desire, so they regard us as freaks, perverts, gay, etc. These same women would be very disparaging about their own gender wearing serious heels, who must be either hookers or stark raving mad.

I'm often wearing the highest heels around, and at company conferences (c. 4000 people present) I have higher heels than most, although events such as that are when a lot of women dress up, and I've seen some glorious heels there! I'll be in my 4.5 inch wedges with a business suit at one of these bashes this coming Saturday... I just wish someone would comment on them! I might JUST be persuaded to wear stilettos if one of them dared me to wear them...

• Like 1

John Milton

17 hours ago, Tacchi Alti said:

.. I just wish someone would comment on them! I might JUST be persuaded to wear stilettos if one of them dared me to wear them...

Ok I’ll do it ,,,,,,,  I dare you !!!!!!

lol

CAT

On 20/02/2018 at 1:47 PM, Pierre1961 said:

I agree with Tacchi Alti. 

I am much more excited by a woman wearing sneakers and who tells me :

i miss my high heels. 

And totally disappointed if ,wearing the most sexiest pump we could dream on,she tells me:

i am really looking forward to get rid of these stupid shoes 

Pierre

A women who can stand proud in high heels is one of the most attractiveness things ever! Second is both me and my wife wearing them! Haha! 

• Like 1

6 hours ago, CAT said:

Ok I’ll do it ,,,,,,,  I dare you !!!!!!

lol

CAT

It would have to be someone who would be present! I'm wondering about wearing my new block heeled boots instead of my usual wedges. They're still fairly quiet, but of course the heel would be much more obvious.

Pict2148a.jpg

Pict2150b.jpg

• Like 4

John Milton

2 minutes ago, jeremy1986 said:

They look great @Tacchi Alti

I don't think they are so noticeable - you will probably get away with them unless they make too much click clack on the floor.

They're amazingly quiet actually. The most noticeable will be walking from the car to the venue. Inside there will be enough noise to mask it. It's just that the heels are more visible, but then I've worn 4-inch block heel Oxfords with friends around.

John Milton

Yes, with your trousers down I don't thing they are so visible. Go on then - choose these!

I'll go for it, but for some reason my wife hates them. I'll have to smuggle them into the car and start off in my wedges.

John Milton

oops - don't get into trouble on my account! 

She won't be with me. I'm driving to someone else's house and four of us are travelling together. The alternative is these, but they're noisy and have pointed toes. Perhaps the next time!

PICT2141a.jpg

John Milton

4 minutes ago, jeremy1986 said:

Yes, I like the other choicee (even the wedges - which are fab!) more 

Much more subtle, and not so obviously feminine. I'm hoping someone will notice and mention them! There's a bit of an exhibitionist in me!

John Milton

4 minutes ago, Tacchi Alti said:

Much more subtle, and not so obviously feminine. I'm hoping someone will notice and mention them! There's a bit of an exhibitionist in me!

I think we would all like to be noticed and complimented. It feels great! If that's what you're looking for, choose the less safe choice!

8 minutes ago, jeremy1986 said:

I think we would all like to be noticed and complimented. It feels great! If that's what you're looking for, choose the less safe choice!

The main thing for me right now is to get a conversation started. Once someone mentions them (and I know the girl quite well who will be driving - I'm sure she's noticed at local meetings, if only because of my change in height) I can perhaps see how things go and lead on from there. My story about my back will be more convincing if I wear more subtle styles. If the conversation gets more specific I could see how things go for suggesting other styles. I love Cali's attitude on this: If I have to wear them I might as well make the most of it! I've worn my wedges to at least five such conferences without so much as any sort of audible comment. I actually want people to know my story so that they can tell other people. Then I can wear other styles, such as sandals, to more informal meetings. I'm not going to blurt it out; I want someone to start a conversation.

• Like 2

John Milton

Go with the less noticeable boots. However, if you want to get noticed wear the stilettos I know I would and do.  

Also if you think you may get in trouble from your wife or others you might as well make it worth the trouble and wear the stilettos!!!!  LOL.  actually it’s not worth upsetting your wife over a pair of shoes.  I always put my family first when I think about where I am going to dress appropriately.   

CAT

Edited by CAT
  • Like 1

Well keep us posted!

I suppose it's possible a lot of them have seen them but are waiting for me to mention them! They are really lovely people and perhaps are afraid of embarrassing me by mentioning them. The first time I wore them I told the girl who took me in her car (I actually got her to take them and some longer trousers from me earlier in the week and put them in her car, as I hadn't told my wife I was going to wear them), and afterwards I asked if anyone had said anything to her, but apparently no one had. That was three years ago. I've worn those wedges to every conference since, apart from one when I wore my hidden heels. So if I wear 4.5 inch block heels will someone comment???

John Milton

23 minutes ago, CAT said:

Go with the less noticeable boots. However, if you want to get noticed wear the stilettos I know I would and do.  

Also if you think you may get in trouble from your wife or others you might as well make it worth the trouble and wear the stilettos!!!!  LOL.  actually it’s not worth upsetting your wife over a pair of shoes.  I always put my family first when I think about where I am going to dress appropriately.   

CAT

I couldn't care less what strangers think but I don't want to upset or embarrass those close to me. So if I wore stilettos I'd have to make sure it didn't get back to my wife or anyone else who might be upset! Probably not worth the risk although I'd absolutely love to wear them - perhaps the 5.5 inchers in my avatar... Well, perhaps something a little more restrained!

John Milton

Wear the boots. Most that notice will think they are cowboy boots. If some asks then you can go in and explain how it helps your back pain. The subtle style would be easier for more to accept without confusing the subject with possible other questions that might occur from the use of stilettos. Once you get pass this stage then you can knock it up a notch or two or ... Take your time and set a good foundation.

My story about my back will be more convincing if I wear more subtle styles. If the conversation gets more specific I could see how things go for suggesting other styles.

I got stopped by two women colleagues today on my way into my office. They had seen my narrow heels from across the parking lot and asked to see the rest of my heels. They were a little surprise how tall they were, almost knee high. They missed my suede knee highs yesterday.

I'm hoping someone will notice and mention them! There's a bit of an exhibitionist in me!

All in due time.

Edited by Cali

5 hours ago, Cali said:

All in due time.

The due time has been over three years! I'll be travelling in the car with three females, two of whom I know fairly well, so I don't think they could possibly miss the heels. They are nice boots and as masculine as could be with 4.5 inch heels!

I've probably told everyone here before that at the previous such conference I travelled back by train in my usual wedges and also with glitter on my face. Three people commented to me positively on the glitter, but no one mentioned my boots although they'd have been clearly visible while I was sitting down. So people do comment about some things, but possibly thought my heels were something beyond the pale and not to be mentioned.

• Like 1

John Milton