Why do you love to wear High Heels?

TXGuy

Why do you wear high heels? I’m trying to find better words for why I love to wear high heels. My wife has known about this for years, but has never been comfortable with the idea. I’m wondering if my reasons can be better. Or, is there a better way/better words of/for describing why I want to wear high heels. I put it here in the everyone branch because I think everyone’s opinion is relevant.

First, I have a thing for high heels, fetish, attraction, thrill, (lack of better words at the moment) for seeing them, and the experience of wearing them makes it first person vs just seeing with no actual feeling. The desire to wear is not a sexual turn on in itself. Having said that, seeing my wife wear a pair of high heels, the idea of my wife and I wearing the same pair of heels (only imagined up to now ;) ), or her telling me to put on a pair of my heels for an intimate evening alone together (a few times, but love it a lot more…) definitely is a turn on. But my just wanting to put a pair of heels on and walk around is not. 

The reason for the desire to just walk around is the one harder to get the reasoning across. The fact or experiencing the action of walking in high heels is a definite thrill. More akin to listening to your favorite music live. The live experience creating the thrill. I feel great, I’m doing something that I love to do. I do not want to write too much now. I’d like to hear more other descriptions to see if what you feel may be a better way of describing how I feel.

Also for me, I’m not trying to reach my feminine side, or at least no higher than my ankles. I like high heeled boots mainly, but also wedge sandals, mainly for the simple fact that a lot of times it is just too hot for boots.  So no other interest in cross dressing, or being gay, I’m straight. But I have no issue for whatever anyone else wants to be.

I know there have been other threads. But I think it is good to rehash a topic every occasionally, with the new people that are on any given time. PS, for another topic, but I recently went back in the Men’s branch, started from the beginning and slowly read thought most of the threads. It was a great read, if a long-term project. There were a few similar threads over the years. 

Edited by TXGuy
  • Like 4

Good topic. For me, like most guys on here, it started out as fetish, but about 10 years ago I made the decision to go public, and by wearing heels everyday, the fetish aspect quickly wore off. But the enjoyment didn't. I still love wearing heels. My wife didn't want to see me in heels at first, and still wouldn't be comfortable with me in public in really femme shoes, like stilettos, strappy sandals, bright colors, ultra high heels, etc. But she's fine with me in boots, sandals, pumps, clogs, wedges, flats, and even with a pedicure (and manicure, too). I always carry a purse and almost always wear legwear. What is it about heels that I love? I love the feeling of being a little taller, and the feeling of having my foot bent into an S-shape instead of flat. I love the way women's shoes caress my feet. I love the way heels look, too - how they can be like works of art sometimes. That about sums it up.

Steve

• Like 6

This is a good topic.

For me I was similar early on. Nowadays I enjoy the postural change  most, I like the feeling with my pelvis tilted forward from heels and I like my back arched a little and the firm feeling I get right up the backs of my legs from tall heels. I prefer stilettos as I like the silhouette and I like to see my feet arched, and I find them easy to wear.

For me its a personal image thing now. I like how I see myself, I like to be seen in high heels - I don't make any attempts to hide my heels. I like them noisy, I'll wear a mini skirt.  I have no hair on my legs so I enjoy being bare legged, especially in summer- which to be honest is just so good with a skirt. I am lucky I have a good figure so again I am a bit vain but enjoy flaunting a bit out there.

Must be a bit of an exhibitionist in me ? I prefer the fashion statement that a skirt & heels has - and I can show off my legs!

Don't know if that answers the question rightly? Quite a hard one to explain without writing a lot and spending a lot of time structuring a logical explanation? I've never bothered to analyse what I do - I'm just to busy being selfish and enjoying myself as it suits me! (naughty me)

• Like 4

Yes. It is a good topic. I would say the main one. 

I started as a kid wearing my mum shoes. I enjoyed the feeling. Never try to know why. 

Then it became a fetish and it was impossible to imagine having a relation with a flat shoes wearer. I for sure missed many  interesting women because of that. 

Then,wishing  to see more often nice shoes around me,I decided to go in high heels myself. I love the feeling( never high enough) and the look. 

Now it is a habit ( need?) and ,as most of us here,I just wish a guy in heels would be considered as normal. 

Note: I am straight,not a cross dresser and no wish to change. 

Pierre 

• Like 5

Great topic, @TXGuy.

I'm in a very similar situation as you - love the heels, and love seeing them around - whether on my wife or others...  it gives me sexual excitement seeing them, handling them, talking about them, but I just love feeling them on me too. nothing better than some bed time in heels with the wife, but like you, its fairly infrequent. my wife also does not get it, but she puts up with it to a certain point, generally quietly, other than a comment here or there. she even helped me shop for my first few pairs (we are almost the same size!). 

Not sure what is my motivation for liking heels - I remember loving a pair of leather high block heels my mom had when I was young, as well as playing with the shaft of some suede boots a teacher had in first grade. I always wonder what went "wrong" with me - was I looking for something more feminine around that I was not getting enough of in my younger years? guess I will never know that part.... but now I love the shape, love what I does to the feet, love the feel of heels and all the different styles. my love had always been for stilettos and stiletto boots, but over the years my likes have expanded to various other styles, and now I love wedges and sandals and (stylish) platforms etc - mostly of the classic look, and never the fetish or over the top patent stuff (no offense to those who enjoy that).  I even find some flats being cute and attractive, but do not own any.  I would love my wife to wear heels more (she has some fab styles), but she hardly wears them now - she's already tall  and has put on weight and does not want to draw more attention to herself... she used to wear them very often when we were younger...  when i ask her to wear heels , like on special occasions, telling her I enjoy seeing her in them, she says she doesn't mind if I look at other women's heels. I do... but its certainly not the same...  sigh... 

I do wear other feminine items too (I love lingerie), but the focus is always the heels and around the heels, but very rarely fully dress (and I don't pass anyway)

How to explain the love for heels? good question. I have had some discussions with my wife... explaining the above. but at the end of the day, I don't understand the "why". I enjoy the feel, the styles, the very many options women have... and the bottom line: unlike many brave folks here. I am doing it privately, usually in the privacy of my own home, no one sees or knows, and its harmless. does it change who I am? no. does it mean I am less devoted to my wife or family? no. does it mean I want to be a woman - def no.   sure - I agree its "weird" (the gang here will no doubt put me down for saying that!) and its [unfortunately] uncommon, so folks aren't used to it. 

Would love to continue chatting about this - seems there are many of us in the same boat. 

• Like 6

As you will find out, most of us started when we were young.  I have a picture of myself wearing my mother´s boots.  When I was younger I loved the feeling of having boots on, I can´t really explain what the feeling was.  When I got a little older I was attracted to the boots and heels.  Again, I can't explain the feeling but it definitely got me really excited and turned a little more into a fetish.  

I forgot about my love about high heels for a while but when the internet started getting more used I started looking for shoes in my size.  Most of the shoes in my size were thigh high boots and I bought a few pairs of them.  I definitely felt really excited wearing them.  After wearing them I would feel as if though I was doing something wrong, and I got rid of most of them.

When I became an adult, I told my then girlfriend about it.  It was a little complicated but she accepted my interests, not really enjoyed them.  I started buying a really nice collection of boots (knee and thigh high).  I have ventured into trying all types of female attire, which makes me feel really good when I wear.

In trying to figure out what I feel I can tell you; I like the way I feel more with this type of clothing that with male attire.  I put it this way, this type of clothing makes me feel sexy, comfortable and good about myself.  

Unfortunately, I feel really sexy and nice when I wear them, but I don't feel quite as good when I see pictures of myself using them.  It is contradictory but that is the way I feel.  

I love the way I feel with this type of clothing, it makes me feel good.

• Like 5

Well, I can certainly relate to what has been written so far.  My "interest" in women's boots began when I was a kid, much before puberty...So, I guess I am wondering how I could have developed what might be referred to as a fetish before I had even developed sexually.  I too, have spent/wasted so much time and emotional energy trying to "figure this out".  I should try harder trying to find written material on the subject written by those with psychological knowledge on these things. 

I guess your best explanation is the simplest one, much like you have written....

You like the way you look in heels/boots

You like the way heels/boots make you feel about yourself

You think high heel boots look great

These same explanations could be applied to why we make several purchases, such as cars, homes, jeans, sneaks, glasses, etc. 

I guess societal norms have been drilled into us so effectively, we make ourselves crazy trying to figure out why we would like to ignore what is "acceptable male clothing".  I guess one big reason is that we question our "manhood" or sexual preference because we like to wear what society has labeled "female clothing/footwear".   Being a member of this website has shown me a very important lesson, many different types of men enjoy wearing heels.  There is no direct correlation between guys who enjoy wearing heels and sexual preference. 

The way I see it, a guy who has the guts/confidence to wear the heels he likes publicly is truly masculine and confident man indeed. 

• Like 4

Yes, pretty much all of the above, and twice on Thursdays. 

However, perhaps there is something I can add which hasn't been mentioned before, I have always been fascinated by the athletic challenge of wearing heels. I have always admired dancers, acrobats, and the few girls in high school who could really walk well in heels (there was one girl who would demonstrate, from time to time, that she could do cartwheels in her 4 inch heels!).   I always wondered if I could do the same. 

I still can't do a cartwheel (I don't think) even in bare feet, but I have managed to become proficient at walking fairly long distances in pretty doggoned high heels, and I have gotten to where I can do the bar thing, standing for several hours in heels. This never fails to fascinate at least one woman at any given venue. Perhaps this is one of the reasons why my favorite style of heels is mules. Some people call them slides. In other words, shoes, or more typically sandals, that are backless. With a few notable exceptions, they are harder to walk in than boots or sandals with a strap around the ankle or heel. For some dumb reason, I find this challenge attractive. And that's pretty much all I've got to say about that. It's all very complicated. And it has complicated my life, but I'm happy with where I'm at. 

• Like 1

30 minutes ago, mlroseplant said:

I have always been fascinated by the athletic challenge of wearing heels. I have always admired dancers, acrobats, and the few girls in high school who could really walk well in heels (there was one girl who would demonstrate, from time to time, that she could do cartwheels in her 4 inch heels!).   I always wondered if I could do the same. 

• Like 3
  • Thanks 2

I don't need to dance that hard, and besides she's half my age; but last time I went dancing I wore my Calf high Madden Girl 4 inch boots.

Why do I live in high heels....I don't like pain.

• Like 1

TXguy,

I think you've an ample array of input here on our collective love of high heels. A question I'd have for your wife would be if she is uncomfortable at seeing you in heels are you uncomfortable at seeing her in pants instead of a dress or skirt.  Exactly! I'm old enough to remember when no woman was seen in pants in public. They evolved and asked nobody else's approval when it happened. Equality is a two-way street but men have to have the cojones to claim it for themselves. Some women are insecure about it thinking the wearing of heels means their man is going to want sexual reassignment surgery and these are two COMPLETELY different things. Keep striding ahead my friend because you desire to wear heels will not be going away any time soon. HappyinHeels

• Like 1

Growing up around older sister's and curiosity as to why they liked to wear heels . I had always liked how graceful the women looked in heels . I tried on a pair of my sister's and felt right wearing them . I used to get excited just wearing them and as I get older it's more lifestyle than anything . TXguy , Why do you need to rationalize why you wear heels ?  HappyinHeels has hit the nail on the head . 

Best of luck , MIP 

Edited by maninpumps
  • Like 2

On 24/10/2017 at 9:14 AM, maninpumps said:

Why do you need to rationalize why you wear heels ?

She is my Life Partner. Making her good with the situation is just as important...

I've been thinking on this while reading the posts. That I'm looking at it as really 2 questions, 1-Why do I love High Heels, 2-Why do I want to wear High Heels. I believe the second is easier to explain to someone else. The first I'm thinking not so much if they do not have the same feeling already. For example, I love cars, I've owned many over the years. My wife just can't see a car that way no matter how much I describe why I love cars. This being the first case. She likes shoes a little, but not enough to purchase more than she needs for day to day. I can browse and want to purchase every one that I find interesting. I love HHs more than she, plus toss in why would a man like them.., Now the 2nd case, why wearing them, possible to convey I believe. 2 weeks ago we were up at the state fair where GM had a driving experience set up. We both got to test drive the new Corvette. For me, the thrill of actually driving, experiencing something I love was a huge thrill. For my wife, cool, but not the level of thrill I had. But she understands why I wanted to drive the car even if she can't see what the big deal is over something with 4 wheels. The same with high heels, just looking is not as great as the experience.

I love high heels, the reasons don't necessarily have to make sense that I do. It was not a logical choice that I decided I will like this because of A or B. I was just really into them. So if that is the case, should the fact I am male discourage me? Why?

Woaa, how do I change text size on a phone??? Sorry...

• Like 3

On 24/10/2017 at 8:57 PM, TXGuy said:

She is my Life Partner. Making her good with the situation is just as important...

you are so right buddy

Sorry Tx, I feel that perhaps I am not following/understanding your intent here....Kind of got lost on your last long post as well...

Will go back and reread your first post...Don

Who doesn’t like heels? 

Well for me it started from a young age. Tried a few pairs on here and there. Growing up I always knew I liked the look of heels and how people wore them. Again, who doesn’t? 

When I could actually buy a pair of heels with my own money that’s when it started happening more frequently. 

Some people like heels for a lot of reasons like me, I love wearing them, touching them, talking about them and seeing my partner in heels. I can’t explain why but I just do. It’s obviously very sexy to see women wear heels but for me wearing them myself makes it even better. 

Now that it’s out in the open with my partner, things have got much better, which is a bonus! 

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1

On 10/24/2017 at 4:46 PM, Amanda said:

Oh my. I've seen this before and it's impressive. I can shuffle - its fun to do. Its not that hard in flats - I can't shuffle in heels though!. Shuffling in tall heels is so demanding on the knees - so I respect the physicality of this feat !! Well done.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

TXGuy one question: does your wife have anything she is passionate about?

Why are people passionate about things in general is a tough question.

I'm wear heels because they provide a drug-free pain relief. I'm passionate about heels because it is something I always like. I enjoy watching the girls in class and the heels they got to wear while I had to wear ill-fitting shoes. My first wife didn't have many high heels, many because she as tall. My Second wife had bunions and could wear heels, beside she had NO taste  when it came to shoes. She could repeatedly find the ugliest shoes in the store. Since I started to wear high heels I am passionate that I do it right because this is not a fetish, it's my life style. 

I'm passionate about nail polish. Can I explain why? Not really.

• Like 1

I’m 48 years old heterosexual happily married. My love of wearing women’s boots goes way back to my teenage years when my first real girlfriend had some over the knee boots and wore the same size shoe is me. One evening she asked me to put them on to see what I looked like I felt strange doing it. Since that day I’ve always owned women’s boots and have currently over 30 pairs.

I’ve been married for many years and my wife shares and understands my passion of these. Now all my boots are flat or under 1 inch heels which I wear every day under my jeans or pants. I only have two pairs of high heel boots which I only wear when I’m in the house.  I have no desire to wear any other type of women’s clothing and feel that in the case of knee-high or over the knee boots that are flat or let someone heal should be marketed for men as well. If you go on eBay or primarily Amazon and look at the comments made from people buying boots similar that there are many many who are from man so the manufacturers need to take note of this fact I can’t imagine life without wearing boots interested in your thoughts. Also I have included a picture of one of the fry pair of ovary boots I have I wouldn’t normally wear them over jeans obviously in public but wanted you to see what these look like and how as a guy you could get away with this

44EB87C1-5572-4A8C-8C37-8D273C8872AB.jpeg

Edited by Tech
TOO Much information!
  • Like 7

Interesting question.  I can remember way back to when I was quite young, maybe 6 or 7, and going shopping with my Mom and Dad for shoes for my Mom.  She would always try on several pair, and always looked great in them.  Dad would comment on which one's he liked, so I'm guessing he liked to see the ladies in heels as well, though I lost him at 15, so never really had a chance to know that or not.  Also, among our family unit, I was the youngest boy, and the similar aged kids were mostly girls, so at family gatherings, I tended to be with the girls.  I can remember one cousin that, when she was probably 10 or 11, had a shoe size similar to my Mom (she wore a size 51/2 US, so quite small feet), and when she was at our house, she, along with another girl, would always ask to wear my Moms heels.  They seemed to get great joy from that.  Then there were other girls in my neighborhood who were always playing dress-up with their Mom's heels and again, seemed to derive much enjoyment.  Somehow, that got wired into my brain that heels were something quite enjoyable.  Eventually, that turned into a sexual turn-on - seeing the girls in heels.  I can recall trying on my Mom's shoes at a pretty young age (obviously, as with her small feet, I had to be pretty young to fit in her shoes) and I just loved the look and feel of those heels.  Rarely had a chance to wear much of anything once I outgrew Mom's shoes - heeling was rare as a teenager due to lack of access.  But then once I had a job (my own money) and access to a car, I began buying my own heels.  Spent a lot of money on those as I had nowhere to keep them, so they got worn a few times and then dropped in a Goodwill box or something.  As with many here, the reason for wearing was initially sexually related, and I still do get a rush when I wear a pair of heels.  But now, I just enjoy the way they feel and look.  I do wear heels out in public, but they are styles that mostly go unnoticed.  I would love to walk around in a pair of stilettos but at my age, and with hips and knees that give me trouble, likely not going to happen.  So I leave the more feminine styles for wear at home, and am content to experience the feeling of the heels in the more mundane styles.  I do it for the experience.

• Like 3

7 hours ago, Technic said:

I’m 48 years old heterosexual happily married. My love of wearing women’s boots goes way back to my teenage years when my first real girlfriend had some over the knee boots and wore the same size shoe is me. One evening when we were going to make love she asked me to put them on to see what I looked like I felt strange doing it but as soon as I slid into those boots and zip them up he gave me an instant hard on like I’ve never had before. She also wore a pair of her boots  that night and I had never had such a wonderful time. Since that day I’ve always owned women’s boots and have currently over 30 pairs. I’ve been married for many years and my wife shares and understands my passion of these. Now all my boots are flat or under 1 inch heels which I wear every day under my jeans or pants. I only have two pairs of high heel boots which I only wear when I’m in the house or having sex with my wife  I have no desire to wear any other type of women’s clothing and feel that in the case of knee-high or over the knee boots that are flat or let someone heal should be marketed for men as well. If you go on eBay or primarily Amazon and look at the comments made from people buying boots similar that there are many many who are from man so the manufacturers need to take note of this fact I can’t imagine life without wearing boots interested in your thoughts. Also I have included a picture of one of the fry pair of ovary boots I have I wouldn’t normally wear them over jeans obviously in public but wanted you to see what these look like and how as a guy you could get away with this

44EB87C1-5572-4A8C-8C37-8D273C8872AB.jpeg

That's a great bio. I think you are living the dream most of us have .... 

Great boots, by the way!

Edited by jeremy1986
  • Like 1

So I have been wearing heels in public for several years now.  Typically thicker or block heels, and always with slacks or jeans long enough to pretty much cover the heel.  Lately, I have found that I am just not getting much of a thrill wearing the block heels.  They are generally quite easy to walk in and don't present much of a challenge.  As a result, I have been looking for something with a much thinner heel that I can feel comfortable wearing out in public.  I will never be the guy that wears skinny jeans which end at the ankle and a pair of heels, as I really have no desire to have the fact that I am wearing heels be noticed.  I just want the challenge of wearing the thinner heels out walking about, and will retain the long slacks to pretty much hide the heel.  I wear my stilettos at home, but there is so much difference between walking around the house and being out on the street, and I want to experience that feeling.   The day is coming soon!  I will likely look for an ankle boot with a thinner heel for my initial excursions, but I'm looking forward to the thrill!

• Like 3

I'm on the same page as you Ron, except I will wear my stiletto 4" boots publicly, but pretty much covered by levis....Sometimes I find that the thinner heels are easier to walk in than the block heels, except for navigating around uneven pavement, etc.  Needless to say, so much depends on the boot design, there are surely no hard and fast rules...

I wear levis 511s, cant pull off skinny jeans at my age....

I've been publicly wearing heeled boots for the best part of 40 years now, as a teenager I thought the only way I could wear them was to become a girl, quite easy in those days but as i got older I found it more difficult to become female as i still looked like a man, so i decided i would have to try wearing them as a man, the first few times was nerve wrecking but i soon realised nobody really took any notice, now due to age and physical fitness i only really go up to 4" but don't attempt to hide them now, i do like skinny jeans regardless of age and i love to wear my knee highs and over the knee boots with them, i also like wearing flats both under jeans and over them, whatever takes my fancy really, to me they're not women's boots, anyone can wear them so that makes them unisex in my opinion, only taking a uk size 5 helped my cause as i can buy from any where and you can't beat the buzz of trying them on in shops and engaging in conversation with the assistant and often other customers too, wear your heels with pride, no point wearing them if nobody can see them 

• Like 3

Loved looking at them. Turns out they’re fun to wear too. Also I notice that when sleeping after I’ve been wearing them my feet point a lot easier, before they would actually be uncomfortable to lie down where there’s some force trying to point your feet. 

• Like 1

7 hours ago, maninboots said:

I've been publicly wearing heeled boots for the best part of 40 years now, as a teenager I thought the only way I could wear them was to become a girl, quite easy in those days but as i got older I found it more difficult to become female as i still looked like a man, so i decided i would have to try wearing them as a man, the first few times was nerve wrecking but i soon realised nobody really took any notice, now due to age and physical fitness i only really go up to 4" but don't attempt to hide them now, i do like skinny jeans regardless of age and i love to wear my knee highs and over the knee boots with them, i also like wearing flats both under jeans and over them, whatever takes my fancy really, to me they're not women's boots, anyone can wear them so that makes them unisex in my opinion, only taking a uk size 5 helped my cause as i can buy from any where and you can't beat the buzz of trying them on in shops and engaging in conversation with the assistant and often other customers too, wear your heels with pride, no point wearing them if nobody can see them 

So cool, wish I could go heeling with you buddy!