Hi from Montreal, Canada!

Hi everybody,

I am a man that just recently decided to fling social norms by the window and embrace my attraction to some items of feminine fashion. In my case, this is expressed from the waist down, as I am very fond of men's tops.

I tried to find like minded individuals with whom to share outfits but all I could find were men that were in the whole shebang (meaning they fully dressed in women's clothing, doned make up, wigs, fake breast, a female monicker, etc.).

As you can already tell, this is not what I am looking for. I am not interested in any way in presenting myself as anything else than a man, albeit one that decided he was going to be the only judge of his wardrobe. I am thus very happy to have realized there were men in here that were also into incorporating female fashion to their own without any change in gender identity. I am also glad that this website has drawn its boundaries as far as CD/TV/TS themes are concerned. I have nothing against those themes, it's just that there are already a bazillion websites catering to this population.

I mainly own boots and booties and am very fond of the Frye brand. Clarks is a close second. I hope you enjoy my collection (still very small) and I can't wait to discover yours as well:)

I'll usually submit whole outfits but some pictures may just present from the waist down. Moderators can delete them if they are deemed inappropriate. 

Lastly, I would love to hear anyone's feedback on the outfits I submit here (whether from men or women - it doesn't matter).

My goal in my outfits is to present feminine and masculine elements in balance.

P.S.: the oufits I submit are outfits I regularly wear out in public and also in my work environment. 

Best regards!

20170712_192905.jpg

20170718_202814.jpg

20170718_203008.jpg

20170720_182055.jpg

20170724_175346.jpg

20170724_180122.jpg

20170728_145545.jpg

20170803_232253.jpg

20170929_154315.jpg

20170929_154324.jpg

20171017_125218.jpg

20171017_125231.jpg

20171017_125246.jpg

• Like 4
  • Thanks 1

Hi @bootedlawyer and welcome!

you have some great boots there - and they look stunning on you with the various skinny jeans etc. The last set with those figure-hugging jeans and OTK boots is particularly sensational, if I may say ... 

I also liked that pair half way down with multiple colors and a mid sized heel. Do you wear mostly heels, or flatter styles?

How did your work place come to terms with your fashion changes?

Enjoy the forum, and keep heeling!

• Like 1

Hi @jeremy1986,

Thank you for the warm welcome:)

Sadly, the ones with many colors had to go back because the shafts were too big (who would've thought, I usually need at least 15.5 inches in circumference since I have very athletic legs).

As far as my workplace is concerned, I would say many factors contributed to the integration of my fashion choices - namely:

* I work as a U.S. tax attorney which is a very specialized area of law practice - meaning that there aren't too many of us around;

* I am particularly good at my work and I know that they need me;

* I brought the changes very gradually - starting with women's straight jeans, then bootcut, then skinnies, then leggings and then boots over pants. This slow increase was not intentional though - I was just uncomfortable going out with all these changes. I still remember how I felt when I first went out in public with boots and skinnies, it was nerve wracking. Today? I sport them with huge pride:) My goal is to get to the skirts / tights / boots combos. This is the farthest I am interested in going.

* It didn't change my attitude one bit - actually, it increased my confidence. I present myself in a completely masculine fashion and I feel even more confident now in my masculinity because I dared be myself. The majority of people (whether men or women) would not dare go against perceived social norms, just look at all the "fashion rules" videos out there. They exist because they have an audience - and a very wide one at that.

* I love helping the girls at the office pick nice outfits for them. I love women and I love seeing them shine at their fullest extent. I guess it transpires; and

* I have a reputation of not taking s*** from anyone. I put myself out there for people and go out of my way very often to help fellow coworkers, but when one of them steps on my toe, I make it very clear that I do not tolerate that. For example, I actually had a verbal joust with one of the firm's owner last year and told her I was out of here. We however ended up resolving our issues and yesterday she had me order boots for her.

I only do something when I feel confident about it, because then I feel judged and disapproved (it's always me doing it to myself). THis leads to me projecting those feelings on others and seeing / seeking disapproval everywhere, which doesn't make for a very good experience.

Now that doesn't mean people might not be laughing behind my back. However, I do not care. As long as I don't see it, I'm fine. The day it happens in front of me, "s***'s gonna hit the fan". That is for  coworkers, mind you. Strangers, I would just ignore them. But it has yet to happen.

I have a lot to read about who is here and where you guys are at in your process of integrating your fashion choices into your life. I am hoping to develop a nice camaraderie with you all:)

• Like 2

British people have a way of speech that is different from Canadians and Americans. They all have their charms, mind you:) Although my first language is french, I appreciate the different ways in which the English language is expressed:)

• Like 1

1 hour ago, bootedlawyer said:

* It didn't change my attitude one bit - actually, it increased my confidence. I present myself in a completely masculine fashion and I feel even more confident now in my masculinity because I dared be myself.

This is so true. Today I push my (self imposed) boundaries by wearing dark fingernail polish. My hands are very visible at all times in my job. I both excited and scare, but I am daring to be ME.

• Like 1

27 minutes ago, bootedlawyer said:

British people have a way of speech that is different from Canadians and Americans. They all have their charms, mind you:) Although my first language is french, I appreciate the different ways in which the English language is expressed:)

You must be an excellent linguist

3 hours ago, bootedlawyer said:

Hi @jeremy1986,

Thank you for the warm welcome:)

Sadly, the ones with many colors had to go back because the shafts were too big (who would've thought, I usually need at least 15.5 inches in circumference since I have very athletic legs).

As far as my workplace is concerned, I would say many factors contributed to the integration of my fashion choices - namely:

* I work as a U.S. tax attorney which is a very specialized area of law practice - meaning that there aren't too many of us around;

* I am particularly good at my work and I know that they need me;

* I brought the changes very gradually - starting with women's straight jeans, then bootcut, then skinnies, then leggings and then boots over pants. This slow increase was not intentional though - I was just uncomfortable going out with all these changes. I still remember how I felt when I first went out in public with boots and skinnies, it was nerve wracking. Today? I sport them with huge pride:) My goal is to get to the skirts / tights / boots combos. This is the farthest I am interested in going.

* It didn't change my attitude one bit - actually, it increased my confidence. I present myself in a completely masculine fashion and I feel even more confident now in my masculinity because I dared be myself. The majority of people (whether men or women) would not dare go against perceived social norms, just look at all the "fashion rules" videos out there. They exist because they have an audience - and a very wide one at that.

* I love helping the girls at the office pick nice outfits for them. I love women and I love seeing them shine at their fullest extent. I guess it transpires; and

* I have a reputation of not taking s*** from anyone. I put myself out there for people and go out of my way very often to help fellow coworkers, but when one of them steps on my toe, I make it very clear that I do not tolerate that. For example, I actually had a verbal joust with one of the firm's owner last year and told her I was out of here. We however ended up resolving our issues and yesterday she had me order boots for her.

I only do something when I feel confident about it, because then I feel judged and disapproved (it's always me doing it to myself). THis leads to me projecting those feelings on others and seeing / seeking disapproval everywhere, which doesn't make for a very good experience.

Now that doesn't mean people might not be laughing behind my back. However, I do not care. As long as I don't see it, I'm fine. The day it happens in front of me, "s***'s gonna hit the fan". That is for  coworkers, mind you. Strangers, I would just ignore them. But it has yet to happen.

I have a lot to read about who is here and where you guys are at in your process of integrating your fashion choices into your life. I am hoping to develop a nice camaraderie with you all:)

Thanks for the looooong response. It's great reading about your journey, and how much you have been enjoying it.  Sounds like we have a lot to learn from (and I don't mean patent law!). And also, if I may say - you sound like an all round positive and giving person. So keep up the good work :cheeky:

and hoping to see lots more of you here! 

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Cali said:

This is so true. Today I push my (self imposed) boundaries by wearing dark fingernail polish. My hands are very visible at all times in my job. I both excited and scare, but I am daring to be ME.

By doing this, you are more of a real man than any other men around you. Most men are afraid to death to be associated with anything considered feminine (that is without saying that most people fall apart at the idea of being disapproved by their peers). That is how frail they feel in their manhood. You good sir, on the other hand - and this applies to all fellow men here - are being real pioneers by daring to say "I want that too".

I salute the courage women once had when they first ditched the dresses and skirts, even though they had an excuse to do so because they took up men's work while they were out at war. And you fellow men, without any "excuse" for doing so, you ditch the pants and low shoes and don skirts, tights, high heel shoes and other fashions deemed female. If that is not courage, if that is not manly, then I truly don't know what is. So keep it up, I am sure you've done a hell of a good job with your nails, too! 

You'll always count me on your side:)

2 hours ago, Shyheels said:

You must be an excellent linguist

I wouldn't dare say so. However I do thank you for the compliment:)

17 minutes ago, jeremy1986 said:

Thanks for the looooong response. It's great reading about your journey, and how much you have been enjoying it.  Sounds like we have a lot to learn from (and I don't mean patent law!). And also, if I may say - you sound like an all round positive and giving person. So keep up the good work :cheeky:

and hoping to see lots more of you here! 

It took a lot of work to become positive and giving. It involved giving to myself first. Giving myself the right to be me. As said above, we are all pioneers and we ought to be damn proud of that, each and everyone of us:) 

• Like 2

Welcome to hhplace from a fellow Canadian. I admire your style. You have put together some great looking outfits.

I too like to retain my masculinity from the waist up but prefer skinny jeans and leggings to accent my high heel shoe and boot collection. I often accent with hosiery for the desired look. Have tried a skirt but not really interested in that aspect. My wife is ok with my fashion choices so I leave it at the skinny jeans and leggings. I do not wear my heels in public but do wear them everyday at home. Looking forward to more of your posts.

Bnchmrk.

• Like 2

Welcome bootedlawyer!  You have achieved the look I am trying to achieve indeed.  I love Frye boots also, but it is very frustrating not to be able to find them in larger sizes, where do you find yours?  I wear women's US size 11s, it is rare to see  Fryes in even size 10s.  I did find one pair of nice Frye booties in 11s though.    You look masculine and confident as a male in nice fitting jeans and great boots. 

You are so right.  A guy who confidently mixes male and "female" fashions publicly is a fine example of confidence and masculinity.  I really believe that most guys secretly desire to mix in some "female" fashions, they just don't have the guts to do it.  In defense, most of us guys do not have that much power/control over our career/jobs, and they do have families to support. 

I truly admire your confidence, and wardrobe successes, you have got some great boots there.  It's nice to have you here, and look forward to seeing and hearing more about your booted experiences.    Don

6 hours ago, bnchmrk said:

Welcome to hhplace from a fellow Canadian. I admire your style. You have put together some great looking outfits.

I too like to retain my masculinity from the waist up but prefer skinny jeans and leggings to accent my high heel shoe and boot collection. I often accent with hosiery for the desired look. Have tried a skirt but not really interested in that aspect. My wife is ok with my fashion choices so I leave it at the skinny jeans and leggings. I do not wear my heels in public but do wear them everyday at home. Looking forward to more of your posts.

Bnchmrk.

Hi Bnchmrk,

It's a pleasure to meet a fellow Canadian as well:) In which town / province do you reside? Don't worry, even though I am a ''Quebecois'', I hate PQ and do not want to separate from this marvelous country;) PM me if you ever wish to discuss this issue. I know and understand that the other provinces are fed up of our b********, and so am I.

I don't believe wives will have issues in the long run if husbands remain masculine in their attitude and character. I am glad she is ok with it too. Do you have any galeries so that I may see what your outfits look like?

4 hours ago, pebblesf said:

Welcome bootedlawyer!  You have achieved the look I am trying to achieve indeed.  I love Frye boots also, but it is very frustrating not to be able to find them in larger sizes, where do you find yours?  I wear women's US size 11s, it is rare to see  Fryes in even size 10s.  I did find one pair of nice Frye booties in 11s though.    You look masculine and confident as a male in nice fitting jeans and great boots. 

You are so right.  A guy who confidently mixes male and "female" fashions publicly is a fine example of confidence and masculinity.  I really believe that most guys secretly desire to mix in some "female" fashions, they just don't have the guts to do it.  In defense, most of us guys do not have that much power/control over our career/jobs, and they do have families to support. 

I truly admire your confidence, and wardrobe successes, you have got some great boots there.  It's nice to have you here, and look forward to seeing and hearing more about your booted experiences.    Don

Hi Don,

Firstly, you are completely right when you speak about being careful as far as your career is concerned. It is a fine example of manliness to put one's desires second to one's family. I will never dispute nor look down on fellow men that realize these restriction may apply to their particular case. They'll have all my encouragements nonetheless, and there's at least one mirror in each of their home, so there's no way they can't put outfits together and then share the results they obtain with the community:D

Also, you will be very happy to learn that I too wear US size 11 and that I did not have any trouble finding my Fryes at very good price points in size 11. What should make it harder for me to find some is the fact that I usually need the bigger calf version. Still, it wasn't hard at all. I buy them all on amazon. I would never go in store because (1) the prices will be much higher and (2) there's not much stores that keep size 11 in stock, let alone in extended calf versions. PM me and I'll send you a couple of links. There's an easy way to search for them in your size and I will gladly help you if you need me to. 

So far, I have:

Frye - Melissa Tab in Redwood extended;

Frye - Clara OTK in redwood extended;

Frye - Paige in black (pull on version);

Clarks - Malia Skylar in black;

Ariat - York in cordovan and black; and

Ariat - York in light brown and black.

Sadly, the Ariats will need to go because the shaft is too tight for me (14.5 inches).  

Let me know if I can assist you:) 

• Like 1

It is nice to see somebody else who likes tall boots - that is my style too. Boots, jeans and jumper. I am not fussed about heels, but like knee and OTK  boots which are not so easy to find in my size (47). I am fortunate that I work from home when I am not travelling - I am a writer and photographer - and so I can wear what I please, and what I please is usually OTK suede boots (with low 'ordinary' heels) and jeans and a jumper. It seems a masculine enough look to me...

• Like 1

Bootedlawyer

Thanks for the info, Frye really makes nice boots.  I remember being intensely intriqued by Frye campus boots when I was a kid, whether worn by guys or girls!  I never had enough money to afford them when I was a kid, and had to settle for cheaper imitations.  Now that I'm much older, I go through considerable effort to find all the vintage boots/sneaks/jeans that I wanted as a kid, but couldn't afford.   I have a cool pair of vintage Frye campus boots with the 2" block heels, and really want a vintage pair of the tan colored Frye cowgirl boots the 3-4"heels.  There is a pair of size 10s on ebay now, but Fryes tend to run small so I think I will be disappointed if I buy them.   Last year I did find tan colored frye cowgirl booties in size 11, they look nice but prefer the taller shafts...

Thanks for the encouragement!  I'm in Atlanta today, will slip into my RL black stiletto boots and go for a walk.  Tomorrow, will be in Vegas and was told there will be a pride celebration near the SLS hotel we will be at.  I'm hoping to overcome an obstacle that has been holding me back a bit:  wearing my boots over the levis...Pride should be a good chance to do just that....

• Like 1

People in general seem to reflect your own mindset back to you. If you are confident, most don't even seem to bas an eyelid. Now to get that confidence, I agree we have to start somewhere and Vegas would seem like a pretty good place for it.

The Campus boot is a great one. I actually ordered my Claras OTK in black today (it's a miracle, since they had been backordered for quite some times now).

Boots over Levi's are great. Levis are the jeans I wear almost all the time. I have 711s, 714, 311s, 314s and one pair of 315.

Go at your own pace. However do report back so that we may encourage your efforts.

Same thing goes for you Shyheels, I do not believe masculinity has anything to do with your clothes but more with your confidence. I'd be ready to swear on that one.

• Like 1

You are so right, just as so many here have said, confidence is the key....People are more likely to notice if you are uneasy, appear timid, or are unsteady on your heels.  This is why it is so important for guys to take it slow and not get out publicly in heels they haven't mastered yet. 

• Like 1

bootedlawyer,

You have an interesting boot collection and it all looks good on you. You are in the right place for sure. Unlike Bnchmark, I don't dislike Quebec and don't think they'll ever separate though I believe in self-determination. My father was raised about 80 mi/130 km northeast of Montreal near Shawinigan. I was up there in April as the last of the snow was melting. Thanks for joining our site. Soyez la bienvenue chez nous!  HappyinHeels

7 hours ago, HappyinHeels said:

bootedlawyer,

You have an interesting boot collection and it all looks good on you. You are in the right place for sure. Unlike Bnchmark, I don't dislike Quebec and don't think they'll ever separate though I believe in self-determination. My father was raised about 80 mi/130 km northeast of Montreal near Shawinigan. I was up there in April as the last of the snow was melting. Thanks for joining our site. Soyez la bienvenue chez nous!  HappyinHeels

Before you assume any bias towards any political party you might want to ask the author. At no time did I say or portray any political views. So do not "point the finger" at anyone until you are sure you know what you are talking about. Next time keep the discussion on heels.

It's my bad bnchmrk.

I am the one that assumed you had a stance and came forward preemptively with that position. HappyinHeels assumed something that I wrote with regard to you and indeed, at no time did you confirm or agree with what I had written.

Now, let's all be friends here. There aren't so much of us out there so It'd be cool if we could get along as much as possible.

Thank you for the compliments HappyinHeels. Most Canadians do not dislike Québec, but rather its government. I hate it very much too. But as bnchmrk pointed, let's keep the discussion on fashion rather than on politics.

I see you are in Wisconsin, are in Madison or Milwaukee?

• Like 1