I figure these should go pretty un-noticed... for a novice public heeler

jeremy1986

Great boots to get started in for sure!  You know you are making progress when you forget that you are heels/boots you are wearing while out publicly...Our self consciousness leads to being unsure/unsteadiness, which in itself, attracts attention....

• Like 1

These shoes are really nice. But nothing to do with high heels. 

Start walking public with a long pant and 3 inches. 

For me high heels start from 4 inches. 5" is good. From 6" you can really talk about extreme heels. 

Sorry if I am rude. 

Pierre 

2 hours ago, Pierre1961 said:

These shoes are really nice. But nothing to do with high heels. 

Start walking public with a long pant and 3 inches. 

For me high heels start from 4 inches. 5" is good. From 6" you can really talk about extreme heels. 

Sorry if I am rude. 

Pierre 

I can't really speak, as I don't go out in heels

but I agree with you,they do look like normal chelsea boots 

• Haha 1

Your a nut, your crazier than a coconut

If I saw a guy (or gal for that matter) wearing those shoes, I would not even look twice......    Have fun !!!!    sf

• Like 1

"Why should girls have all the fun!!"

1 hour ago, las said:

Nice boots - all of you with a UK 8-9 are so lucky! Absolutely hate my size 11-12 feet, it's impossible to find boots like these. :sad:

I feel for you... luckily I can easily find heels at New Look etc - though many/most shops I still have trouble finding good sizes. 

• Like 1

@Pierre and others who made similar comments - we're not all in the same boat as you folks. some of us might be at different "stops" along the journey. I don't think that's a reason to show disrespect, and I don't think that's what this forum is about. 

And thanks to those who gave encouraging comments :)

• Like 1

Sorry Jeremy if you thought I was putting them down. I was playing on your ""go pretty un-noticed" by not noticing them - where are they? 

I have my own "starter set", I wore 1-2 inch heels before jumping to 4+ inch heels. I remember being scared wearing them to work the first time.

• Like 1

16 hours ago, jeremy1986 said:

@Pierre and others who made similar comments - we're not all in the same boat as you folks. some of us might be at different "stops" along the journey. I don't think that's a reason to show disrespect, and I don't think that's what this forum is about. 

And thanks to those who gave encouraging comments :)

Sure, but these look like "normal" boots that any guy would wear, virtually no heel. You can buy men's western boots with heels two times the height. Look in any shoe store and you can find men's boots that look just like those posted.

On October 7, 2017 at 9:11 PM, jeremy1986 said:

they'll go un noticed alright as there is nothing there to notice!  nor is there any worry about falling off them.  there is nothing there to fall off!  get some real high heels dude!

here is a pair that have never failed in my experience:

gallery_106_183_26581.jpg

if you get a pair of these, whatever you do, don't hide them under any pant leg length.  

here are said boots in action:

large.IMG_7253.jpg.a5c8151aed285cc119b264f62972d01e.jpg

and start getting noticed!

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

2 minutes ago, Shyheels said:

People have different tastes. Those are very nice boots he has. Not everyone wants high stiletto boots. It’s not a contest.

it is a "high heel fashion community".

• Haha 1

No, that’s a measuring stick. It can tell you if a heel is 80mm or 100mm or 120mm etc.  It is not an arbiter of what constitutes “high”.  "High" is subjective. It is a matter of personal taste, fashion sense, discretion and ability/experience in heels and will vary with every single person. Again, this is not a contest.

Edited by Shyheels
  • Like 2

Contest or not this is HHPlace and those aren't. 

I was wondering if the OP was just messing with us! His boots looked like they came out of  the men's side of the store. I would not expect him to start out in a pair of six inch platforms, but give it a couple inches or more.

On 10/10/2017 at 12:43 AM, jeremy1986 said:

PS @Peter1 - what did you think?

They look really nice.

In fact i have almost the same pair (from NL too:

http://www.newlook.com/uk/womens/footwear/boots/black-buckle-side-biker-boots/p/554762301?comp=Browse) and i wore them outside my house in my street and nobody seems to notice them.

It help me a lot because I know that I'm wearing shoes coming from women department, without any fear of bad looks from people I may cross! Due to that I'm sure that I will slowly push my limit a bit by increasing heel height!

Edited by Peter1
  • Like 1

Well gentlemen - -Yes, they may not be considered the high heel of the day, but as of late, I haven't seen anything at a local store that high on the men's side of the aisle.

If they are comfortable, and you like them, then it's all good.

• Like 3

3 hours ago, Heelster said:

Well gentlemen - -Yes, they may not be considered the high heel of the day, but as of late, I haven't seen anything at a local store that high on the men's side of the aisle.

If they are comfortable, and you like them, then it's all good.

I agree...Everyone gets a start somewhere.  Starting with something from the women's side of the aisle will surely help psychologically.  Once you can walk around without even thinking about wearing these shoes, then you can start moving upward in heel height....Slow and steady is always the best approach....Enjoy...D

• Like 1

That point of view makes sense. It's a way for starting I never thought about before. 

the opposite way :why not starting with men shoes with heels as cow boys boots ,Cuban ( extremheels in Spain make some with very high heels) or totally men style ankle boots with an 11 cm heel as Peter Chu makes ? 

The ultimate goal,mastering a  public walk in 6,5 inches pumps is unfortunately not reachable for most of us. For several reasons. No shame. 

• Like 1

ah ha ha!  you guys are fun stuff to read!

i started in white 6 inch spike heels.  have never worn anything lower than that!  wore them with my specialty outfits.  met a lot of nice folks.  just go!  do it now because one day soon you're going to grow old, be flabby, grey haired, out of shape and a miserable old what have you...  

ick.  that is not for high heels.

Whose ultimate goal is walking in 6.5-inch pumps? Not mine. Not that many other people's I shouldn't think. Surely that's a personal one, not a universal one, widely shared in the fashion-loving world - other than, perhaps, by male fetishists. Were you to peruse a more broadly based shoe fashion site - one that was frequented by women, for instance - I doubt very much you would read a lot of posts about  aspirational heel heights and goal-setting, and certainly not for such extreme heels.  Colour, styling, fashionability would be the main discussion points, aspiration heel heights and 'attainability' not so much - certainly not in a competitive, goal-setting sense, and not for such extreme heels. This kind of competitiveness - size matters - is much more of a male thing and has little to do with fashion.

I am not saying its wrong to aspire to mastering  6.5 inch stiletto heels, and set goals if that's your thing, but it is certainly not universal.

And while some people might feel that six inch spike heels is the only 'high' heel worth having on their feet, that again is totally subjective and not an opinion that would be very broadly shared.  Personally I think six inch heels look hunched and awkward and poorly proportioned - an opinion I share with Mr Louboutin, apparently, who has expressed similar views, and so I feel as though I am in good company.

As to the OP's quite nice boots and thickish heels - well, if the ability to cause comment and raise eyebrows is the yardstick for what counts as 'high heels' on this site,  I'm sure they would be high enough to cause him grief were he campaigning in US presidential primaries.  On the other hand, in terms of fashionability, since this is also supposedly a fashion site, I think they are far more stylish and appropriate for far more situations than lipstick red patent pumps with six-inch heels. 

Edited by Shyheels
  • Like 1
  • Thanks 1