I figure these should go pretty un-noticed... for a novice public heeler

jeremy1986

Now something really strange... I went to a company conference on Saturday, wearing my usual 4.5 inch wedge boots, as per the photo although those are old ones, the same style, and cracked across the toe, as you can see. No one has ever commented on my heels, and I wear them most days. It was the same on Saturday, and there were over 4000 people there. I know they were noticed by several people, and some know I wear them anyway.

The strange bit: I had a bit of glitter applied to my face, as did quite a few people there. It was a bit of fun, and I thought, 'Why not.' I kept it on for the train journey home, and three people - total strangers - remarked on the glitter! WHY???????? I'm positive at least one of those saw my boots.

Pict1993a.jpg

'Come, and trip it as ye go

On the light fantastic toe.'

John Milton

But why never any mention of my heels, in over three years of wearing regularly, but three comments on the glitter in two hours? I've just got these - £10 in a charity shop. Real leather, with heels just over 4 inches measured vertically. I'm looking forward to seeing how many people notice. They make a bit of a noise but nothing exceptional.

PICT2141a.jpg

John Milton

2 hours ago, jeremy1986 said:

Very cute, @Tacchi Alti. The heel is misleading - they look much lower than they really are.

Hope you get noticed and complimented! 

The height of the visible heel is about 4 inches, and the extra height of the insole takes it to almost 4.5 inches. I'm wearing them now. They're a bit tight across the top but they should stretch a bit with wearing. They have quite a pointed toe, which makes them rather feminine from the front, but the rest could be like a cowboy boot for most people who would even notice them.

Pict2144a.jpg

John Milton

Okay, I will put my two cents in on this. I think the shoes jeremy1986     has are just fine. If he is comfertable with wearing them in public, I say go for it. We each have to travel the path we feel comfortable with. Some of us are more out going and will feel comfortable stepping out in public in 4 - 5 " heels, other that would not be in their comfort zone. So Jeremy you go on and rock those boots in public. I think they are cute. Don't let others tell you, you are not doing it right, this is your story, not theirs.

Once you are comfortable wearing the boots in public, you can always work up to wearing taller heels. I wish you the best and that your love affair with heels will blossom in your time!

• Like 2

On 04/12/2017 at 11:57 AM, Tacchi Alti said:

I kept it on for the train journey home, and three people - total strangers - remarked on the glitter! WHY???????? I'm positive at least one of those saw my boots.

Basic reaction: people have to say something about your shoes, but will not tell it. Instead they will comment on an insignificant detail, and hope you understand the remaining of their thought.

Edited by Gudulitooo
too much french
  • Like 2

8 hours ago, K2inheels said:

Okay, I will put my two cents in on this. I think the shoes jeremy1986     has are just fine. If he is comfertable with wearing them in public, I say go for it. We each have to travel the path we feel comfortable with. Some of us are more out going and will feel comfortable stepping out in public in 4 - 5 " heels, other that would not be in their comfort zone. So Jeremy you go on and rock those boots in public. I think they are cute. Don't let others tell you, you are not doing it right, this is your story, not theirs.

Once you are comfortable wearing the boots in public, you can always work up to wearing taller heels. I wish you the best and that your love affair with heels will blossom in your time!

6 hours ago, Gudulitooo said:

Thanks guys!!

21 hours ago, Gudulitooo said:

Basic reaction: people have to say something about your shoes, but will not tell it. Instead they will comment on an insignificant detail, and hope you understand the remaining of their thought.

Ah, I'll keep that in mind! 'I love the glitter.' 'Yes, I wear them all the time, and the heels are 4.5 inches.'

John Milton