I figure these should go pretty un-noticed... for a novice public heeler

jeremy1986

6 hours ago, w6ish said:

ah ha ha!  you guys are fun stuff to read!

i started in white 6 inch spike heels.  have never worn anything lower than that!  wore them with my specialty outfits.  met a lot of nice folks.  just go!  do it now because one day soon you're going to grow old, be flabby, grey haired, out of shape and a miserable old what have you...  

ick.  that is not for high heels.

Hey - - - I resemble that - - -almost - - !!

• Like 1
  • Haha 2

Hey! I am old and still have fun with 6,5 inches. But I am doing a lot of sport and watching my weight. 

And we won't fight trying to know how high must be the heels. The higher is the better. The maximum is the one we can walk easily and not ridiculous. 

On 10/12/2017 at 2:56 PM, Heelster said:

Well gentlemen - -Yes, they may not be considered the high heel of the day, but as of late, I haven't seen anything at a local store that high on the men's side of the aisle.

If they are comfortable, and you like them, then it's all good.

I have found that most local stores are pretty limited, mostly hikers and dress shoes. Take a look on DSW.com on the men's side and you will find plenty Chelsea bots with as high or higher heels as the OP's boot. I believe he is getting a bit of grief because of the title of the post suggests that the boots have high heels. Around here we see rancher and farmer type guys wearing western boots that are much higher.

Thanks all for your input.... happy to have facilitated one of the busier threads here for a while :cheeky: 

Some further clarification: Take a look at my albums, you will see I am no stranger to high heels (truly high!). My topic here focuses specifically on *public* heeling - for which I have virtually no experience. so yes... these Chelsea boots at the beginning barely pass for having 'heels'... but for me its a start. yes - some of us started with 6", but I think that's the exception rather than the rule. For me to start with simple fem virtually flat boots (but still fashionable!) is a place to start and hopefully gain confidence... 

Thanks to those who understand where I am coming from, like @Shyheels , @pebblesf, @SF , @Heelster and @Peter1 and others 

Thanks also for the suggestion for something like Cuban or western high heels - had not thought of those... though still prefer the fem heel style! 

Also I agree  - most of us just want nice looking heels - and not always extreme, or the highest or most fetish looking on the market. we all have our styles, and that's OK. 

Edited by jeremy1986
  • Like 4
  • Thanks 2

10 minutes ago, jeremy1986 said:

Thanks all for your input.... happy to have facilitated one of the busier threads here for a while.

Some further clarification: Take a look at my albums, you will see I am no stranger to high heels (truly high!). My topic here focuses specifically on *public* heeling - for which I have virtually no experience. so yes... these Chelsea boots at the beginning barely pass for having 'heels'... but for me its a start. yes - some of us started with 6", but I think that's the exception rather than the rule. For me to start with simple fem virtually flat boots (but still fashionable!) is a place to start and hopefully gain confidence... 

Thanks to those who understand where I am coming from, like @Shyheels , @pebblesf, @SF , @Heelster and @Peter1 and others 

Thanks also for the suggestion for something like Cuban or western high heels - had not thought of those... though still prefer the fem heel style! 

Also I agree  - most of us just want nice looking heels - and not always extreme, or the highest or most fetish looking on the market. we all have our styles, and that's OK. 

Absolutely right Jeremy!  No one public confidence formula works for all of us.  The important thing is to chose a path that will help achieve your public heeling goals and minimize setbacks....

I wore some boots I have with a small block heel recently, they’re only just double the height of my everyday boots. So I ended up having to ride in an elevator with people, one of those do or die moments (or so it felt), there was a woman that I could see looking out of the corner of her eye, all I could think then was about what she was thinking, is she going to say something, or will she giggle. I’ve now come to the conclusion that I’m just going to keep wearing them to built my confidence. I’m looking at it as if every person that says nothing is a little bit more confidence I should have.

Edited by subtle
  • Like 1

1 hour ago, subtle said:

I wore some boots I have with a small block heel recently, they’re only just double the height of my everyday boots. So I ended up having to ride in an elevator with people, one of those do or die moments (or so it felt), there was a woman that I could see looking out of the corner of her eye, all I could think then was about what she was thinking, is she going to say something, or will she giggle. I’ve now come to the conclusion that I’m just going to keep wearing them to built my confidence. I’m looking at it as if every person that says nothing is a little bit more confidence I should have.

Well done - good for you!! 

Would love to see what you were wearing

• Like 1

If you want to graduate to something with a bit taller heel but still under the radar and not at all obvious as women's shoes, try the Tori Ankle Strap Boot from Payless. You can get it up to US women's size 13, with an actual heel height of 2 7/8 inches (just under 3 inches). It's true to size and width. I bought it in 12W and it fits me perfectly. It's very comfortable, warm, reasonably well made, has a convenient inner side zip, and it isn't expensive at all (nor is it real leather).  It can be worn comfortably with socks, nylons, or barefoot. You can get it online and in stores. I highly recommend it if you want something that won't draw attention, will qualify as a high heel women's boot, and which you will enjoy wearing.

Steve

Payless Tori Ankle Strap Boots black.jpg

On 14/10/2017 at 12:13 AM, Pumped said:

I have found that most local stores are pretty limited, mostly hikers and dress shoes. Take a look on DSW.com on the men's side and you will find plenty Chelsea bots with as high or higher heels as the OP's boot. I believe he is getting a bit of grief because of the title of the post suggests that the boots have high heels. Around here we see rancher and farmer type guys wearing western boots that are much higher.

I don't know where your finding your western boots, but the ones I see are pretty damned flat. Just landed a deal on some new Ariat women's boots for $44 but the men's boots  - - - you couldn't straddle an electric cord.

Image result for women's ariat boots heritage J toe

Edited by Heelster
  • Like 1

32 minutes ago, Heelster said:

I don't know where your finding your western boots, but the ones I see are pretty damned flat. Just landed a deal on some new Ariat women's boots for $44 but the men's boots  - - - you couldn't straddle an electric cord.

Take a look at Zappos, many men's western boots with roughly a two inch heel.

• 2 weeks later...

I wear spectacular OTK leather boots with almost no heel. Then I have other tall boots that are entirely flat. It would appear that so far, they've been appreciated by the community here without needing to be "high heeled". To each his own I say.

Edited by bootedlawyer
  • Like 1
  • Thanks 1

Yes, I've even seen (gasp!) ballet flats and flat sandals posted on here. While high heels are the focus, we all have other interests as well. As long as we are all tolerant and respectful of others, this site will continue to be a nice, safe, and fun place to be. 

Your boots are high and they have heels (albeit low ones) so therefore you are wearing "high" "heels." There, you met the requirements! LOL

Steve

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Biostim said:

@jeremy1986, I would wear them without any problem. Let me tell you about my experience. I've lived in UK for the last 4 years. I've just moved to Munich in Germany (btw, anyone around me?). I bought my first pair of tall boots at Schuh (West Quay, Southampton). They have a low heel (a tiny bit higher than those) and I started wearing them over my tight jeans everywhere - supermarket, town, work, etc.. This was 4 years ago. At that time I got some people looking at me but never had a negative reaction. I actually had one of my female neighbours telling me she liked them. Anyway, I got more tall boots over the years. My favourites are Clarks Orinoco Eave and Orinoco Jazz. Again, I've been wearing these everywhere and not just in the UK. Some examples - Slovakia, Poland, Austria, Hungary, etc. They have proper Winters there. Nowadays, no-one gives a s***. I don't know why, I don't know what happened but it seems people got used to see "different" things.
Anyway, when I want to go "under the radar" and wear heels, I always go for the Clarks Mojita Crush. They have a block heel, 6cm (2.3 inch) and I wear them under my jeans. They look like man's boots but people notice I'm wearing heels. Why? Simply because I'm taller.
And do you know what I say if someone says something to me? "I came on a horse today". For some reason people love when I tell them that.
Have a look at Clarks. You might find something which you like. Up to 2.3 inch heel you're good. I've done it. Hope my story helps you somehow to overcome your fear.

Loving  your stories and encouragement buddy!  Will try the horse response next time someone says something about my boots!

• Thanks 1

• 4 weeks later...

Hi everybody,

few months ago I bought a pair from new look with very low heels, like those can be seen on this thread. I have made my first public outing yesterday for 1 hours (going to shopping for groceries) with them and nobody seems to notice them! It was an uneventful outing which boost my confidence a bit :) I'm not ready to increase the heel height for going out but I'm less stressed to wear "women" shoes now ! Hope to make new outings in this boots in a near future !

i have no pics of my outing, I was wearing a classic men almost skinny jeans:

http://www.newlook.com/uk/womens/footwear/boots/black-buckle-side-biker-boots/p/554762301 (you can see my review on NL site with my nickname peter1) 

image.thumb.jpg.88caab24578f25380936329f0503f94c.jpgimage.thumb.jpg.bf719c034dc221b72dcf1f75bb8cc7f9.jpg

Edited by Peter1
  • Like 2

I bought my first starter heels back in 2011, Material Girl booties from Macy's. I had heels before them, but these are the first booties I bought for the purpose of wearing to work.

Peter, those booties above should fly under the radar.

My Starter Heels

Starter Heels.JPG

• Like 2

That's a great start, and the main thing is to increase your confidence, as if people here are honest we all felt terrified the first time we venture out in anything that other people might regard as not normal!

• Like 1

'Come, and trip it as ye go

On the light fantastic toe.'

John Milton