Teacher's boots and outfit deemed inappropriate for school

What are your thoughts on this article?

https://www.yahoo.com/lifestyle/teacher-told-outfit-inappropriate-people-cant-figure-164709087.html

I like her outfit and her boots.  i just wouldn't wear them while teaching class.  Maybe it would be okay to change into walking to and from her car, or an evening parent-teacher conference.  But I might find her boots too distracting when teaching. 

• Like 1

Don't see what the big deal is. There was a teacher at my kids primary school about eight or ten years ago who used to wear short skirts, fishnets and patent red pumps with five inch heels. Her dress sense was certainly noticed but I don't think anyone ever told her to not to come to school like that. She was actually quite a good teacher. 

Edited by Shyheels
  • Like 1

Looking at her picture she seems very attractive at least her physique is lean and slim. 

Only reason her outfit was deemed inappropriate. For one, whomever told her outfit is out of bounds is a male finding her all to attractive to begin with, not needing her to make him even more excited least her school principal.  Secondly if the higher ups was a woman she has to be a feminist either envying the teachers body or putting her bland fashion values onto others.  

What's all to funny is the commentary from women that her outfit or particularly high heel thigh high boots are appropriate for night out with the girls. Shaking my head seeing that women who deem heels as evening outfit only. Goes to show you why so many females dress down in flats, flip flops or sneakers as daily outfit. If a rare woman dresses up or man doing errands or about town during the day she or he is shunned, laughed upon as overdressed not appropriate for casual occasion. Society proves females prefer to dress comfortably or casually never needing to wear heels. Only if you have office job heels and business outfit is deemed necessary for woman. 

As for excuse grade 4 children maybe distracted of her high heel platform boots or gives bad influence to any girls observing her, doubt any would care or notice.

Had similar teacher in grade 3 class of my niece dressed provocatively. My sister observed her by chance meeting before dropping her daughter to class. My sister complaining hating her saying what stupid women she doesn't know how to dress herself towards young children. Although my sister hated her daughter teacher for other various reasons well before seeing her dressed up. Find it just like women picking on someone on very slightest reason only because someone  disagrees with your  sensibilities. Easiest thing human being can do is judge someone on the way they appear fairly or not. In my opinion i find it exactly as someone is prejudice. 

Suppose bottom line is if you're pretty and dressed well people envy it often turns into having bitter feelings upon it. Anyone in power sometimes misuses their authority satisfied in creating issues,  towards  someone they are fully attracted, deeply envious or desire there style. Simply put popularity breeds contempt with individuals.  Most likely great physical appearance from the teacher, often is treated specially, which others observe finding it unjust or with contempt. In other words she is beautiful attractive  teacher no need to enjoy yourself wearing what you desire and look great in high heels. Rubbing it in the faces of those who can't wear or appear as  attractive while envious of her sexiness for the world to see. 

Edited by MackyHeels
  • Like 2

2 hours ago, Shyheels said:

Don't see what the big deal is. There was a teacher at my kids primary school about eight or ten years ago who used to wear short skirts, fishnets and patent red pumps with five inch heels. Her dress sense was certainly noticed but I don't think anyone ever told her to not to come to school like that. She was actually quite a good teacher. 

Where is the school?  I'm transferring my kids!     

I see nothing wrong with the outfit.   Have any of these people seen that otk boots and thigh high boots are in style every fall.   Hell I might even try some!    Oh wait I already have lol!!!   

• Like 3

She certainly cut quite a dash, I'll give her that. I remember once the kids (second graders) came home and said the teachers had put on revue (I think it was the Christmas holidays coming up) and Mrs so-and-so dressed up as the wicked Queen and got lots of funny jokes from the other teachers. I'll bet. Once can only imagine the outfit...

Anyway, as I say, she was an excellent teacher and that is all anyone really cared about. And her outfits, while rather more flamboyant than the norm, never exceeded any boundaries or edged into bad taste.  She left when she was offered a much better paying job at a private school.  

People just aren't paying attention to fashion trends these days...

If she can teach class in those heels all day, then good for her!

It's difficult enough with the low wages for teachers and general lack of funding for U.S. schools for young college graduates to enter the teaching profession these days.

• Like 1

I'm being selfish here, but I would've loved to have a teacher wear that when I was in 4th grade!

I honestly don't see anything wrong though. The boots go with the outfit, and I am for changing the stigma that overknee and thigh high boots are "club" boots...

That's why I am a huge fan of Leviticus Fashions...

• Like 1

I totally agree wth you. Over-the-knee and thigh boots needn't be trashy - although the fact that a great many trashy celebrities seem to like to wear them in all sorts of garnish and tasteless ways doesn't help rehabilitate them in the public's mind and keeps the 25 year-old Vivian effect (Pretty Woman) alive and well.  Worn properly they can be very stylish and classy. Michele Obama, for example, wore otk boots on several occasions that I am aware of and she has always struck me as the very model of elegance, sophistication and good taste.   

• Like 2

Should everybody around her be focusing on her "flashy boots" or what she is trying to teach them?

Is it appropriate to teach in party attire, espcially if said attire carries sexual connotations?

Over the knee is not the problem, its the party heels and platform that change the tone.

That, is what appears to be the problem. Plus if she falls down the damn stairs, the school may well then be without a fantastic teacher?

Heels for Men // Legwear Fashion // HHPlace Guidelines

If something doesn't look right, please report the content ASAP!

I can understand why some people would have issue with thigh high boots in  school. I also feel it got out of hand. She could have been told the boots were inappropriate and not wear them again. No reason to make a big fuss over it, but you are working in an environment with a wide range of people, best to dress a bit  on the conservative side. I wonder if the school had a dress code for teachers?

Many people are extremely conservative and think thigh high boots are warn only by hookers and strippers. My wife owns a couple pair and rarely wears them as she feels they are a bit much for some nights out, depending on where we go.

• 3 weeks later...

What a joke, my sister and a very close friend are both teachers and don't think twice about wearing heels to teach,let alone knee high or OTK boots....never an issue for them....

If you want to s within reason fir your career to feel good!

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, Jessika said:

What a joke, my sister and a very close friend are both teachers and don't think twice about wearing heels to teach,let alone knee high or OTK boots....never an issue for them....

If you want to s within reason fir your career to feel good!

Yes, people need to get over themselves. Wearing a pair of OTK boots really shouldn't be a big deal. I'd rather they worried more about grammar and spelling and maths... 

• Thanks 1

Where can I get those boots? Love em! Don't see an issue with the outfit, but looking at it as if I was an adolescent high school boy, might be slightly distracting, not that I would ever complain about it . . .

• 4 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...