Aerosoles in Bankruptcy....

SF

Saw this today.  I hope Aerosoles can survive, I really like their shoes!!     sf

Footwear Maker AEROSOLES Files For Bankruptcy 

Sept 15 (Reuters) - Women's shoe retailer Aerosoles Group said it had filed for Chapter 11 bankruptcy protection, the latest casualty in a struggling retail industry.

The company had listed assets of $10 million to $50 million and liabilities of $100 million to $500 million, according to its bankruptcy court filing.

Aerosoles' holding company AGI HoldCo Inc said it would continue to manage its stores and operate its businesses as "debtors in possession".

The company said it would significantly reduce the number of stores as part of the restructuring in an effort to realign the business with the changing marketplace environment.

At least a dozen retailers selling apparel, electronics and discount shoes have filed for bankruptcy this year to slash their store count and better compete with e-commerce giants such as Amazon.com Inc.

Aerosoles has more than 300 stores around the world including in China, India and Peru.

The bankruptcy was filed in the U.S. Bankruptcy Court for the District of Delaware. 

"Why should girls have all the fun!!"

That's not good news. I love their shoes. They usually fit pretty well, and are comfortable for walking. Just this evening I wore their Major Role pumps to the local pub (BYOB) which is really just a lounge. My wife and I had drinks with about 18 other residents here at the retirement community we live in. Nobody mentioned my shoes or asked about them, even though they were plainly visible. While the heels were comfortable, after an hour or so in them, and walking a few hundred feet to and from the car, I was ready to take them off.

Anyway, I hope Aerosoles survives, but I wouldn't be surprised if they become extinct like a few others.

Steve

Aerosoles Major Role black 1.jpg

Aerosoles Major Role black 2.jpg

• Like 1

Bad news for us guys that like to wear heels. I have many pairs of Aerosoles shoes and boots both short and knee styles. I love my Aerosoles shoes and boots. Hopefully Aerosoles can survive. Where I live there are no retail stores. I've always bought mine on line from Aerosoles or other on line shoe stores. Once in a while you may see them in stores like Macy's. Bon Ton and other department stores. Well if they go belly up I still have my Nine West and Naturalizer brands.

Happy Heeling,

bluejay