Bedheels

Hello 

has anyone bought some shoes from Bedheels? 

I would like to buy one or two pairs of 7 inches there. They look incredible!

Is this site secure? Is it reliable? Is the sizing ok? I want to use my credit card. 

Thank you for helping. 

Pierre 

• 4 months later...

@Pierre1961

A belated answer to your question back from August last year.

A couple of weeks ago, I received a pair of the 7 inch pumps from Bedheels.  http://www.bedheels.com/shoes-and-boots/classic-court-shoes

I paid with PayPal.

They were a custom order of real leather upper, red soles, etc. so 2 weeks from order to delivery wasn't bad at all.  The automatic communication by email once the order was placed was very good, although I didn't ask them any questions.

The shoes look terrific, and have some nice features, but I also had some minor issues with them.

First of all, the brand name that was printed on the insole was "Bitch Heels."  As I don't really consider myself a bitch in either perjorative sense of the word, so that was a little off putting, but that's their target market I guess

The quality of the real leather upper was very good. 

I liked the look of the shiny black insole, but I would have preferred leather or porous insole as the patent material stuck to my skin, necessitating the wearing of stockings to slide my toes in.

They came with a short covered platform, a style for which I love the comfort as well as the look.

I appreciated the thoughtful firm padding around the toe box.

The "blood red" sole is much darker, closer to brown than say Louboutin scarlet.

When I tried to stand in the shoes, I found that the shank flexed easily upon pressure from the heel.  That's the part of the sole between the heel and the toe box.  That part usually has a flat metal rod to keep it as rigid as possible.  I wasn't expecting the shank to flex so easily. 

In Suzanzibar's now-deleted ballet heel walking tutorials, she recommended ballet boots that come with flexible shanks/heels in her ballet boots or modifying them to be more flexible as they aid her in walking, so I'm wondering if Bedheels use those flexible shanks for that reason?

In any case, I can barely stand up in these shoes, let alone walk in them, which is more a function of my own lack of skill and flexibility than any fault in the shoes themselves.

Edited by alphax

I figure the mostly women who can walk in these and ballet heels have had some classical ballet training, otherwise feet just don't bend like that naturally.

The good news is that there are plenty of ballet training and stretching videos on YouTube like this one:

The stretches get really intense starting around 12:00m

Hello,Alphax

Interesting video.We could do some of these exercises. Maybe not so extreme. Personally my knee won't accept the one around 12:00m

I can stand in 16,5 cm and walk at home. Not able outside on average surfaces in more than 14,5 cm and that is not so easy to look relaxed  

than you for the video Alphax. I will nevertheless try some gentle exercises. 

Pierre 

• 1 month later...
  • 3 months later...
On 1/11/2018 at 1:12 PM, alphax said:

@Pierre1961

A belated answer to your question back from August last year.

A couple of weeks ago, I received a pair of the 7 inch pumps from Bedheels.  http://www.bedheels.com/shoes-and-boots/classic-court-shoes

I paid with PayPal.

They were a custom order of real leather upper, red soles, etc. so 2 weeks from order to delivery wasn't bad at all.  The automatic communication by email once the order was placed was very good, although I didn't ask them any questions.

The shoes look terrific, and have some nice features, but I also had some minor issues with them.

When I tried to stand in the shoes, I found that the shank flexed easily upon pressure from the heel.  That's the part of the sole between the heel and the toe box.  That part usually has a flat metal rod to keep it as rigid as possible.  I wasn't expecting the shank to flex so easily. 

In Suzanzibar's now-deleted ballet heel walking tutorials, she recommended ballet boots that come with flexible shanks/heels in her ballet boots or modifying them to be more flexible as they aid her in walking, so I'm wondering if Bedheels use those flexible shanks for that reason?

In any case, I can barely stand up in these shoes, let alone walk in them, which is more a function of my own lack of skill and flexibility than any fault in the shoes themselves.

Bedheels markets many of their heels as "Just for bedroom, not for walking" so the shank might be bendy because the shoe is for - well, crawling around... 

I have similar ones (smaller size though) and me most likely being, as a female, lighter than aplhax, the shanks do bend a bit under my weight and have to say, to make the walk feel more secure and sturdier you'd expect the shoe to widhstand the pressure without feeling like it's going to buckle. But, those heels are extremely high and to produce a shank that doesn't bend, you would probably have to pay much more than you pay for Bedheels, which otherwise seem to be of fairly good quality for the price range.