Bare feet or tights/stockings with high heeled courts ?

deck

:Do you think court shoes (not sandals) look better with or without tights/stockings ? Although I think they look great with tights etc. I really prefer my wife to wear high heeled courts with bare feet and a sexy dress or skirt.

court shoes, or pumps for those of us on this side of the pond, look better, feel better and are better with stockings of some sort.

Being mentally comfortable in your own mind is the key to wearing heels in public.

I can see that opinions on this are divided. My wife likes wearing high heels of all types but hates wearing hose of any description and never does so. She either keeps her feet bare or wears socks with shoes or boots when it is too cold to do so. Last night we went out for a meal at a smart restaurant and she wore 4 inch high heel pumps with bare feet and looked great !

I agree with Bubba, Court shoes deffinitely look better with hose. In fact I prefer all shoes to be worn with them. So much sexier I think.

Paul.

I agree with you. A nice shiny hose I prefer. Very sexy and elegant when worn with a skirt.

I totally disagree that all high heels look better with hose rather than worn with bare feet. Wearing tights or stockings with sandals is a definite No-no - an absolute fashion disaster. As I posted earlier, my wife hates any hose and never wears them. She loves wearing high heels, especially when we go out together and loves sandals compared to Court shoes / pumps. She wears bare feet in sandals right throughout the year when we go out together and says her feet never get too cold. She recently bought a pair of very sexy sandals - 4 inch stiletto heels and very thin black straps just to keep them on - very minimalist. Worn with bare feet - of course and red nails - both fingers and toes - is the ultimate look for my wife as far as I am concerned and I feel so great when we go out together and see other guys looking at her. Do any girls have any views on this issue ?

variety is the spice of life, as the old saying goes. Also, what ever turns you on, etc. These are opinions on likes and dislikes. I'm glad there are so many different opinions. Makes the world go 'round. :D

Being mentally comfortable in your own mind is the key to wearing heels in public.

She recently bought a pair of very sexy sandals - 4 inch stiletto heels and very thin black straps just to keep them on - very minimalist. Worn with bare feet - of course and red nails - both fingers and toes - is the ultimate look for my wife as far as I am concerned and I feel so great when we go out together and see other guys looking at her.

Very true Deck, your wife sounds a very sexy lady. I also love bare feet with red toe nails, especially in sandals or mules, but here's why I prefer hose.

Posted Image

My wife usually wears hose with mules and yes, it does make them slippy on her feet. She loses one now and then, but it's all part of the pleasure for me to replace it on her foot! :D

Paul.

I think tights/stockings look good on women, but not when worn with sandals. I tried tights but I gave up on them in the end. I found that they were just too much trouble, they are difficult to get on and they ladder easily. The cheaper ones seem to be made of a very abrasive fabric which drags on the hemline of a straight skirt when walking, which I find irritating. The best tights I found are Elbeo Caress support tights, they are very strong and have a slippery texture which does not cline to the hemline of a skirt. They were difficult to get on and are expensive at £7.00 a pair. The only advantage I found with tights is that they make high heel court shoes more comfortable. Nowadays I prefer to wear court shoes and a skirt with bare legs. I much prefer to feel the lining of a skirt on my bare legs, specially in the winter when it's cool.

"You can check out anytime you like, but you can never leave ! " The Eagles, "Hotel California"

I personally love the feeling of smooth shiney nylons making my feet very slippery in sandals and mules. It makes it so much harder to walk but soooo much sexier!! The slipperiness is amazing!

"If you put your mind to it, you can accomplish anything..." - Dr Emmet L Brown - 1985

As I posted the other day, my wife has a pair of sandals with four inch stiletto heels with very narrow straps - more like laces really - round over her toes at the front and then round the back of her heel, crossing over and round the front of her ankles and then tied at the back. She looks great wearing them when we go out - but only in bare feet - I cannot imagine them worn with hose and don't think they would look half so attractive.

Everyone has different likes and dislikes. Personally I never wear shoes or boots with bare feet, except for sandals. On women I like sandals and mules with or without hose. While I like sandals with bare feet generally, I love to see women's feet in nylons. Chris

I'm sure that sandals with high heels and very narrow straps must look better worn with bare feet and painted toe nails. However, my wife still prefers to wear pumps/court shoes with bare feet rather than hose even if most people reading this prefer hose with closed shoes. Does anyone, apart from my wife and I, think that closed shoes look better with bare feet ?

Overall, shoes look better with bare feet, in my opinion, but it depends on the rest of the outfit. If hose are being worn, let them be closed toe shoes. If the toes are visible, let them be free of coverings. Some dresses look better with colored legs, usually black or white. As long as they are closed toe shoes, I think the hose would work.

• Like 1

Proudly standing in my patent High Heels

• 1 month later...

Personally (like my screen name states) I love pantyhose / stockings. Open toe or not I think they are to be worn (no obvious reinfornced toes with open toed) but to me a person who has gone to all the trouble of getting dressed that is the finishing touch (like make up or doing your hair).

-----------------------------------------------

Used to be cosmo_loves_PH before the crash!

Just curious, some mentioned earlier that fashion says hose with sandals is a "no no". I'm wondering when this came about??? For years and years, women wore stockings with all types of shoes, including the age of the re-inforced toe and heel. A woman was not "dressed" without hosiery. Now, women hardly ever wear hose, no matter what type of shoe they are wearing. Personally, I like a stocking encased leg and foot better, but if the shoes are nice, I'm looking there first anyway! I just think that, especially for those women who toes tend to splay out in sandals, a nude color and sandal foot style of hose makes the foot a whole lot better looking.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 months later...

I wear panty-hose daily with my pumps and boots. You can't beat the feel, fit, and comfort of shoes and boots without wearing panty-hose with them. I never wear sandals and I never go bare-foot. I just don't like the feel of bare-feet sticking to the inner soles of my shoes and boots. When wearing panty-hose, I don't run the risk of getting blisters on my feet either. Cheers--- Dawn HH

High Heeled Boots Forever!

About two weeks ago, I went out with my wife to a punk event. I wore my Franco Sarto boots (see avatar), but was at a lost for what else to wear. I was opting for black pants (I don't have any black leather), but my wife talked me into wearing one of her black leather skirts (mid-thigh) and opaque tights). Wore one of her blouses, too, with chains on the boots, a little makeup, let down my hair, etc...

I blended right in. Not one single double-take the whole night.

That's the last time I let my wife do my outfit!!!

No, seriously, it was fun, and I actually prefer blending in, even though I'd rather go looking like a guy than crossing over, even if it's subtle. My wife said I looked like half a dozen women who you take half a second longer checking out their clothing to be sure they're really women...

Only in my case, slight of build, not particularly masculine features, my long hair, a touch of makeup and the right clothes and so long as I don't have to show an ID...

Genebujold:-) Congratulations on being able to blend in so well. Congratulations to your wife also for helping you dress and providing you parts of your costume and supporting you so very much. Thats great. Unfortunately, I can't blend in like you unless I go the whole route from the skin out, complete inside and out. I'm glad that the two of you had such a good time. Those are the times that you will remember always. Cheers--- Dawn HH

High Heeled Boots Forever!

Larry here. My wife always wears stockings or some type of hosiery with pumps, mules, slides or what ever. It must run in the family as her Mom, Sister and Aunts are always in some kind of nylons. Lena sez that she doesnt feel dressed without them....Larry.

Love those heels!