Looking for boots!

Pumped

I am looking for a pair of thigh high boots in leather that will not break the bank. Pleaser has the Indulge 3011. I like them, but question the quality. I like a small platform. Anyone know of any other choices other than the Pleasers?

Edited by Pumped

Im not familiar with the Indulge, but I have the Legend 8899.  After a quick search, looks like the Indulge and the Legend share the same type of leather, which is pig.  I will say, it's certainly not soft and supple, but it is real leather (and quite durable).  As far as quality?  So far mine have held up and are quite comfortable.  The stitching all seems really well done.  I also have 2 pairs of the Vanity 2013, which for some reason feel much softer than the Legend.  The only downfall I have had with the Legend's are the footbed inserts came unglued and scrunched up a bit.  I put a bit of Gorilla Super Glue in there and they are have stayed put ever since.  Oh and going back to the leather quality, what you see in the pictures is pretty much what you get.  Its not a super jet black like some other leathers, and there is no shine what so ever.  I treated mine with some mink oil and it did darken them a little bit, but they still look like pig leather with a bit of a matte finish.  I was looking more to soften them rather than make them darker, the darkening was more of a bonus.  I also have the Medic, Dagger 2020, and Seduce 3010 with varying opinions on each in terms of fit and comfort.

Im still hunting the elusive (aka discontinued) Legend 8868 in White and/or Blue.  Or a pair of Ellie's Angie chap boots.

• Like 1

pebblesf: Don't hold your breath looking for real leather boots from pleaser.

Pumped: You may want to look at  Onlymaker   <--(spelling) for a fare price on boots.

spikesmike

DSCF5240.JPG

Edited by spikesmike
  • Like 3

spikesmike... the Pleaser Legend 8899 is in fact real leather.  It might not be cow leather like most people are used to, but pig leather is still real leather.

http://www.pleaserusa.com/ProductDetail.asp?div=1_PLEASER&dpt=20_SS&ctg=C_B_THIGH&STYLE_CD=LEGEND-8899&PROD_CD=LEG8899%2FB%2FLE

Notice they have 3 options.. Black Leather (P), Red Leather (P), and Black Faux Leather.  The P is for Pig not Poly.

http://www.pleaserusa.com/ProductDetail.asp?div=1_PLEASER&dpt=20_SS&ctg=C_B_THIGH&STYLE_CD=LEGEND-8868&PROD_CD=LEG8868%2FB%2FLE

Same here with the Legend 8868.  3 Leather options, one Faux Leather.

Again, like I said before, it's not super soft and supple like cow leather can be, but it's still real leather.

One last thing... look at the price difference between the faux leather and the real leather...

https://www.amazon.com/Pleaser-LEGEND-8868-Womens-Legend-8868-Boot/dp/B00125RVWW/ref=pd_sbs_309_4?_encoding=UTF8&refRID=8TTDDC01DMNKC2YKGSA2&th=1

If the "real" leather isnt real, then they must be the biggest scam artists... and I must be a complete idiot.  There used to be another site based out of the US that had leather thigh high boots in the same ballpark for pricing, was something like thighhighboots.net or .com or whatever, but it seems to have disappeared.  I always got it confused with the old favorite site thighboots.com

• Like 1

On 8/15/2017 at 8:59 AM, spikesmike said:

pebblesf: Don't hold your breath looking for real leather boots from pleaser.

Pumped: You may want to look at  Onlymaker   <--(spelling) for a fare price on boots.

spikesmike

I looked at Only Maker and did not find what I am looking for. The style in the pic you posted seems to be discontinued. The Pleasers  I am looking at are leather, they have just a couple styles that are.

It might be my imagination, but it seems to me that high heels have tamed down as far as appearance and heel height in the last yer or two. I find it harder to find the 6" heels in either boots of pumps that seemed to be available all over a year or so.