Heels of summer

BFGheels

Hi all

I have been loving weairng my heels during winter... however now that Aus summer and spring are getting closer, I wondering what/how do you wear ur heels/boots/shoes during spring/summer?

Also the clothes that may accompany the selected shoes?

I quite like boots and jeans and wear them year-round. I appreciate the challenges of an Australia summer (I'm Australian, even though I live in the UK) and to be sure there will be sweltering days in Oz when wearing boots and jeans just doesn't work - and on those days I just wear something else that does match the weather.

Otherwise I just wear boots - tall boots (knee-high or otk) when I can, hiking boots if nothing else. Indeed, the only shoes I have are trainers for running or the gym, cycling shoes for cycling, and Tevas for muddy hikes and on the beach.  And so out they come on hot days, when I am in Australia or other hot parts of the world...

We don't really have any hot days here in the UK...   

Edited by Shyheels
  • Like 1

In the summer I wear my wedges and high heel sandals with my shorts. If I want to mess with people's minds, I'll wear my calf high boots with shorts.

I have my New Balance running shoes and hiking boots for rough hikes, and teva for water/sand.

• Like 1

I almost always wear sandals with bootcut jeans, often but not always, with knee high sheer hosiery. Occasionally I'll wear shorts with sheer pantyhose or thigh high stockings, and lower (2.5") but still heeled sandals.

Steve

Edited by Steve63130

Well I'm looking forward to summer here in NZ too! We'll be smidgen later than Aussie!

For me its skirts/shorts. Shorter hems, more minis, summer dresses too !

Pumps, slings, mules and sandals styles only.

No jeans or hosiery in summer - bare legs only! Can't wait !

• 2 weeks later...

Higher wedges with jeans or a dress for a special occasion. Pumps or sandals in the fall and pumps or boots in the winter. Hot is relative but here's one way to define it. The World Meteorological Organization standard for a "hot" day is a maximum of 30C or about 86.2F. That would certainly exclude the U.K. most every year. Every state in the USA and every province in Canada hits 30C each summer. Places like Australia, the central and southwestern parts of the USA, most of Mexico, large swaths of Africa and central Asia, and most countries of South America see summer temperatures exceed 40C. Europe is a mild quirk in this regard. I suppose a pint of Guinness will get the blood flowing so wearing shorts under overcast skies and in 15C temperatures becomes no big deal. HappyinHeels  

Europe is not quite so easily generalised. Go to Seville sometime in summer - you can experience plenty of 40+C temperatures, more than you would like, I daresay :cheeky:

Edited by Shyheels

Out here in California the climate is so mild that "summer" high heels (read sandals) can pretty much be worn all year around, especially in SoCal...

Recently we have been in a heat wave with temps maxing above 100 degrees, perfect sandal weather!!

Out of all my heels - maybe 30 pair - two pair are clogs and only one pair of pumps. The rest are sandals, chunky heel, kitten heel, wedges, thongs, strappy, you name it.  I wear my heels as a guy with casual pants and a cotton collared shirt.  And I do paint my toes, if you are going to wear sandals - especially gals sandals, your feet should look nice.

Enjoy your upcoming summer, for us folks up "north" sumer is almost over.  In a few weeks we will be whining about how cold it is. ha ha

Take care, sf

Edited by SF
Typos, can't write too good...
  • Like 2

"Why should girls have all the fun!!"

SHyheels,

I made the comparison with the U.K since that's where YOU live. I know about Seville as I lived in Andalucia for 2.5 years in the 1980's. Serious heat well above 40C is confined though to Spain, Italy, and sometimes Greece. The rest of the continent is rather mild especially given its latitude both in summer and winter. I do study these things. I have kept records since 1970 and am a cooperative observer with the U.S. National Weather Service. After all, you don't see palm trees growing at London's latitude in North America or Asia. HappyinHeels

3 hours ago, HappyinHeels said:

SHyheels,

I made the comparison with the U.K since that's where YOU live. I know about Seville as I lived in Andalucia for 2.5 years in the 1980's. Serious heat well above 40C is confined though to Spain, Italy, and sometimes Greece. The rest of the continent is rather mild especially given its latitude both in summer and winter. I do study these things. I have kept records since 1970 and am a cooperative observer with the U.S. National Weather Service. After all, you don't see palm trees growing at London's latitude in North America or Asia. HappyinHeels

Like you, I am fascinated by weather. All weather. London is indeed warm for its latitude, relative to places in North America and Asia, thanks to the Gulf Stream. (London also, by the way, is not as rainy as popular myth would have it, receiving approximately the same annual rainfall as Barcelona) True, it has never hit 40C here in the UK, 38.5C being the record, set in 2003. For us - when I say 'us' I am speaking broadly; I am Australian - anything much above 24C is considered 'hot'.

To your list of places in Europe, however, where one can experience 40+ degree heat, I would add Portugal, France, and (I know from personal experience cycling along the Danube in 41C heat) Austria. I have been in Romania too, when it was over 40C.

Only last month a heatwave saw temperatures exceeding 43C in Croatia and Serbia, while Switzerland, Hungary, Romainia, Poland, Albania all topped 40C. It hit 44C in France.

Times is changing

Edited by Shyheels