Blockchain Revolution: from the internet of information to the internet of value

On 5/9/2020 at 5:35 PM, Cali said:

You haven't seen the tractors that are able to do it all with no operator?  It similar to driver-less cars. Levels, plant, harvest.

Yes - - and they have sprayers too. The guys drive the sprayer to the field, and then sit in them while they spray the fields. 

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

Who didn't read until the end of the article. The customers holding those dormant account will never lose their money. " If at a later date a consumer discovers that they had a dormant account and their funds have been transferred into the scheme, they will also always be able reclaim the full amount owed to them. "

I'm not sure who would be liable to repay the customers under those conditions. For the banks who hold these accounts £150 million is a drop in the ocean. And the chance of more than a tiny amount needing to be repaid is minuscule.

I'm well aware of dormant accounts in the UK. I've had a couple I've forgotten about over the years, usually with just pennies in them, sometimes where it was more hassle to close them than abandon them.  Some notes about the UK dormant accounts scheme: https://www.moneysupermarket.com/savings/dormant-account-guide/

• 2 weeks later...

Wow, COVID re-emergence fears caused SP500 futures price decline yesterday.  Price declines into today's open.

FED announces it'll buy corporate bonds. 

Stocks bounce back up.

Robinhood traders very happy now.

Feminine Style .  Masculine Soul.  Skin In The Game.

• 4 weeks later...

I don't have much to add here lately.

Gold is finally trading around it's All Time High (ATH) of $1800.  Arguably a good place to store value while Central Banks around the world print money into oblivion.  It's literally a race to the bottom because if other countries don't print currency as fast as the US, their currency becomes too expensive to support exports, which would result in decimating their economy even more. 

This is good for Bitcoin too.  BItcoin price has been consolidating between support at 9K and resistance at 10-10.5K.  Unless we break 8.5 on the downside or 10.5 on the upside, I don't see any significant price swings happening.  The same horizontal channeling occurred after the 2016 halving too.

25% of recent stock market rallies are retail driven.  Retail = TikTok + RobinHood.  Social media indeed does impact market prices. https://www.bloomberg.com/news/articles/2020-07-09/citadel-securities-says-retail-is-25-of-the-market-during-peaks

The $600 weekly pandemic aid in the US ends 4th week in July.  So do the vast eviction moratoriums.  Will be interesting to see the effects this has on consumer spending.  Since one persons spending is another persons income, doesn't seem too promising. 

In my opinion, a New World Order (New World Money Paradigm) is coming within the decade.  The Dutch Guilder wasn't the global reserve forever.  Neither was the British Pound.  And if you measure the time between major events in the US, an average human life cycle of about 80 years separates them all:

American Revolution (excess taxation)--->human life cycle

Civil War (money printing to finance war)-->human lifecycle

Great Depression/WW2/Bretton Woods [Bretton Woods is where the US Dollar became the global reserve currency]-->human life cycle

COVID-19/2020

For now, I'm finished accumulating/investing in Bitcoin.  Ethereum too.  Still accumulating some strong alt coins like LINK.  Beyond that, living conservatively while watching NYC disintegrate into a crime infested shanty town. 

Edited by kneehighs

I hope everyone here recognizes yesterday's Twitter debacle was a socially engineered Twitter hack through Twitter admin access.  It was not a Bitcoin code hack.  

For the record, the base code layer of Bitcoin has never been hacked.  Secondary applications (payment apps, wallets, exchanges) have, but not the base protocol.

Also, today the Bitcoin community welcomed another globally respected macro investor to it's ranks: Lyn Alden.  Her reasoning is heavy, but substantive. 

https://www.lynalden.com/invest-in-bitcoin/ 

Edited by kneehighs

But, but Crypto is just fake and a fad!  It's all fake money! 

That's what banks were telling the public.  Meanwhile in the background silently working with regulators....smh

https://www.theblockcrypto.com/post/72628/us-bank-regulator-crypto-custody

"The U.S. Office of the Comptroller of the Currency (OCC) has opened the door for federal savings associations and national savings banks to hold cryptocurrencies on behalf of their customers.  The announcement, issued Wednesday, "applies to national banks and federal savings associations of all sizes" and states that such custody services represent "a modern form of traditional bank activities related to custody services."

Screen Shot 2020-07-22 at 4.29.26 PM.png

Edited by kneehighs

Straight from the US Government, "Fiat money refers to instruments that do not have intrinsic value but that individuals and institutions are willing to use for purposes of purchase and investment because they are issued by a government."

But my $USD is backed by....!

Not!

EDIT: US District Court rules Bitcoin is legal money.  Bitcoin Deemed ‘Money’ Under D.C. Financial Services Law  (Bloomberg Law Link).

Coupled with PayPal bringing crypto purchases to it's 300 Million + user base, the train is about to leave the station.

EdqlfylUYAIWa0Y.jpg

Edited by kneehighs

Just WOW.  Gold reaches All Time Highs and we get this:  the US Mint says it has reduced gold and silver coin supplies to purchasers.

https://www.bloomberg.com/news/articles/2020-07-28/u-s-mint-has-reduced-silver-gold-coin-supplies-to-purchasers?srnd=premium

Regarding Bitcoin's Price Action today, a few years ago, I'd be euphoric over today's Bitcoin price action.  Today Bitcoin passed a key resistance level of 10.5K.

Now, I'm planning for it's dump.  

1.  If weekly candle closes above past resistance levels of 11.5k, it's a total and complete new Bull Run

2.  I think whales let the price rocket to January 2018 16K resistance levels.  They will create FOMO (Fear Of Missing Out).   Greed will fill the air.  Then whales tank it back to 10.5K-11.5K support.  10.5K was the magic number Bitcoin kept testing over and over again.   Former resistance turns support.  The price has to retest the support zone. 

New buyers will be scared to death.  The panic selling will be enormous.  Newbies and weak hands will sell in massive panic, thinking we're going through a 2018 bear market dump all over again.   Bitcoin will be over.  Bitcoin will die.  Bitcoin's death this time will be final!  Against the macro backdrop of Covid, US Dollar devaluation, massive money printing, riots, protests, and change fear is already thick everywhere.   Whales will Buy The F'ing Dip.  And then after this, whales will let Bitcoin rocket to 100K+

Screen Shot 2020-07-27 at 9.28.41 PM.png

Edited by kneehighs

• 2 weeks later...

Bitcoin held on exchanges just decreased dramatically 2 days ago.  Whales bought the dip. See attachment.

Bitcoin flowing out of exchanges is bullish.  It means large holders of Bitcoin don't intend to sell anytime soon.  As demand rises, there won't be supply to match it.  Prices will go up.

1.  Venmo has greater than 50M users.  Venmo will start bitcoin/crypto buying + selling for it's users supposedly Q3/Q4 2020

2.  PayPal has greater than 300M users.  Paypal will start bitcoin/crypto buying + selling for it's users supposedly Q3/Q4 2020

3.  The Fed is expected to make a major commitment to ramping up inflation soon (CNBC)  “Yardeni said the approach would be "wildly bullish" for alternative asset classes and in particular growth stocks and precious metals like gold and silver.”  This also includes Bitcoin.  Just ask billionaire Paul Tudor Jones (BVI report, page 6). 

4.  Part of the reason for the recent Stock Market Rally is the Robin Hood traders all buying.  Most don't own a home.  Their KING is "Davey Day Trader Global" (DDTG).  Dave Portnoy is the founder of Bar Stool Sports.  He sold it  $450 Million +.  During COVID quarantine, instead of betting on sports, he started to bet on stocks and it's been a massive hit.  It even got Dave a one on one interview with Donald Trump.  Dave Portnoy is now probably going to start promoting Bitcoin to his audience per numerous tweets like linked below.

5.  For those that do own a home, Robert Kiyosaki, author or Rich Dad, Poor Dad, is constantly shilling Bitcoin along with Gold and Silver.  Here's a sample tweet among many.

Overall,  Crypto Market is bullish.

EetDtLJU8AU0yCi.png

POST FROM THURSDAY AUGUST 6TH MERGED:

So bullish it hurts.  Goldman Sachs telling the public Bitcoin and blockchain is bad business and meanwhile developing blockchain solutions in secret.  What's new?

CNBC FINANCE: Goldman Sachs names new head of digital assets in bet that blockchain is the future of financial markets

Not to mention Congress in the US is now petitioning the IRS to reduce crypto taxes on staking.  (If you stake 32 ETH, you can become a validator and earn interest paid out in ETH.  The IRS wants to tax the additional interest).

Screen Shot 2020-08-06 at 1.47.55 PM.png

Edited by kneehighs

On 7/27/2020 at 9:03 PM, kneehighs said:

If weekly candle closes above past resistance levels of 11.5k, it's a total and complete new Bull Run

Check.

Now to just sit back and wait.

So bullish it hurts

MicroStrategy INC, a publicly traded company on NASDAQ just made Bitcoin their primary Treasury Reserve Asset.  They bought 250 Million USD worth.  It sets precedent for other publicly traded companies to follow.  https://www.businesswire.com/news/home/20200811005331/en/MicroStrategy-Adopts-Bitcoin-Primary-Treasury-Reserve-Asset

Dave Portnoy finally met with the Winklevoss Twins (yes, those twins who came up with Facebook before Zuckerberg).  Portnoy will no doubt be "talking his book" (promoting his holdings to increase price) to his audience.  

• 2 weeks later...

Today the FED announced their new inflation policy

"Taxes for thee, bail outs for me," Wall Street

This policy will exacerbate the wealth inequality gap in the US.

It devalues the purchasing power of those who store their purchasing power in US dollars (the bottom 50% of Americans).

And it devalues it at a faster rate than it has in the past.

It basically loots and robs the purchasing power of bottom 50% of Americans and gives it to Wall Street.

• 3 weeks later...

WHERE'S ALL MY BITCOIN PERMA BEARS AT?

Stocks look ready to dump.

Economy in the US is crap

Simplified, it's a risk off macro environment.  The highest risk assets like crypto/Bitcoin will be the first to be sold off in the event of a stock market reversal.

Now is the time for all the perma bears and skeptics to poke fun at Bitcoin and crypto.

Come on!

On 9/12/2020 at 3:38 AM, Shyheels said:

Okay --- it's te 21st century's own South Sea Island Bubble. Pretend money. 

And here I thought the real bubble was the FED injection of trillions of liquidity propping up the stock market!

• Like 1

2 hours ago, p1ng74 said:

Based on the supply and price of bullets lately, it appears they might be subject to market speculation too.  

Yep - - if you can find any. If you can find any on the shelf, your limited as to how many you can buy. Been that way for a couple months now.

Fantastic news for UK residents. 

A bank deposit of 1000 Great British Pounds today could literally be worth 990 Great British Pounds in 2021!

What a steal!  Negative Interest rates incoming....

https://www.bloomberg.com/news/articles/2020-09-17/boe-steps-up-talks-on-negative-rates-amid-uncertain-outlook

On 9/15/2020 at 5:52 PM, Bubba136 said:

If you want to eat, buy bullets to defend the garden you’re going to have to grow.

So bullets to stop the IRS and government from collecting their due?

5 hours ago, kneehighs said:

Fantastic news for UK residents. 

A bank deposit of 1000 Great British Pounds today could literally be worth 990 Great British Pounds in 2021!

What a steal!  Negative Interest rates incoming....

https://www.bloomberg.com/news/articles/2020-09-17/boe-steps-up-talks-on-negative-rates-amid-uncertain-outlook

So bullets to stop the IRS and government from collecting their due?

Fortunately the government cannot confiscate what I have already eaten and consumed in my stomach.  But anyone who has grown a garden knows that it has to be defended.  I guess the good news is, if you need capital to grow your garden, you can borrow 1000 GBP today and only have to pay back 990 next year!

• Like 1

Kinda confusing.   Bullets are fo defending but wouldn’t you have to repay the loan with the same currency (unless you repaid it using a foreign currency with a really favorable exchange rate).

Being mentally comfortable in your own mind is the key to wearing heels in public.

Yeah but two things:

1.  The currency has devalued over the course of the loan

2.  In a true negative interest rate situation (which will probably not happen with an actual banking end consumer) the bank pays you interest on the loan, instead of the other way around!  

Put the capital to work, and you come out even more ahead.  

Edited by p1ng74