Young Guy With Confidence (sorta..lol)

canadianbeaver17

Hi all. I've been a long time viewer of this website, but have never posted.

I'm 19 (almost 20), and I live in Windsor, Ontario, Canada. Windsor is located right across the river from Detroit, USA. I attend University there.

I've had an interest with heels and platforms for a while. Only in the past say 6 months have I started to wear them out. A majority of people like friend know, some do not. It's always funny when I tell someone. Shockingly most people are intrigued by it, which is scary in a way..haha. The other day I think me and one of my friends figured out why I do it. You slip on some shoes with some extra height and you feel confident. You feel so sexy. I think this is why I do it.

The following are my 2 fave pairs:

These are "similar" to a pair that I wear often to school with jeans and out. The ones I got are from Le Chateau on Spring Clearence last year for $20 CDN. (note mine dont curl in the front like that, they go straight down)

Posted Image

These I bought off ebay. They are from Frederick's of Hollywood. I wear these downtown to clubs a lot. I love them. Chicks dig a man in heels....or maybe its the been the drinks they have been having..haha

Posted Image

Well thats all I'm going to say for now. I'm more the type of guy that likes to answer questions. You guys and gals are really great on the bored and I can hope I stay up and contribute more.

I like your choice in shoes. I have been a platform lover for a long time and own several pairs of loafer like the ones in your picture. I wear them in public a lot along with other styles, but I've never been brave enough to wear anything like the heels in your other pic. Good for you and keep wearing what you like..... :D

If the shoe fits-buy it!!!!!!

I cover the heel up a bit. I've been in complete conversations with people and they don't know what i'm wearing...lol Last night i went to a bar downtown. Stupid people... "are those your sister's shoes?" "i didnt know they made those in guys" But the other comments were typical. Just ones that girls are intrigued and they kinda like it.

Wow, good job Canadianbeaver!! I used to hang out at the clubs in Royal Oak and on only a few occassions, had the nerve to brave the strips in heels. Never did I really feel that women were intrigued. Now that I live in New York City, the culture is a completely different phenomenon. People here are conditioned to expect the unexpected, thereby mitigating the shock effect of a man in heels. Here, women like you claim for there, have asked me to dance with them, have given the thumbs up with a powerful sexual exuberance, and have even asked me to "model" walk my heels for them. The ratio of women that approve--here, as compared to there --seems far higher. Your results seem admirable and definetely more exciting than the ones I got when I lived in the midwest. Happy heeling!

Feminine Style .  Masculine Soul.  Skin In The Game.

I find it funny - who's more weird? me in the chic shoes or the people who like it? lol... Most of the comments I got was peopel liked it and they said it surprisinly looks good on me with outfits. I find that girls like individuals. Like one girl told me at a club "look at all these guys in here. they all have the same cookie-cutter american eagle or gap look to them. you have style. girls like that"

All I can say is WOW. I remember one time sitting in a coffee house talking to a girl about her ex-boyfriend. He wore women's platform sneakers and women's sweaters. Obviously this gave me a way to bring the topic of men in heels up with her. To this girl, she said she'd like to see me wear a pair of heels across the parking lot. She'd just HAVE TO SEE THAT. Thus, to her it seemed more like entertainment value rather than fashion open-mindedness. Another girl said she'd support a man in heels as long as it was "him". Meaning as long as it is his "real" personality. That was cool. I actually used to streamline into the topic of men in women's shoes through bringing up other related topics I had seen in magazines or on TV. This way, when I brought up other topics than the one we were talking about(non men in heels topics), it just seemed as if I was nurturing the conversation. Abba? Platforms? Men in heels... Do you know about Club-X up there? Wow,the memories abound. I am happy good looking women think you have style. Keep that style UP!

Feminine Style .  Masculine Soul.  Skin In The Game.

Welcome aboard! Thos boots look real cool! I'll have to see about getting a pair of those myself! :D

I don't want to LOOK like a woman, I just want to DRESS like a woman!

Fabuleous Canadianbeaver! I have just started to wear my shoes in public. Not yet in broad daylight, and not yet in high heels. If you read your experience, we should ask ourselfs, Why are we sometimes so scared. I still ask myself this question. Could it be the area we are in? Could it be the country we are in? As I understand the women don't really mind at all. It's the reaction from the "men". God knows what they do out of public! I have spoken to some women too about this, and they are pretty understanding. Although it is a big step for heel wearing men, but we feel good like this and we just should go out in public, NO MATTER WHAT!

I admire your confidence Canadianbeaver!. I m comming to the conclusion though, that the canadian coulture is vastly different to the australians when it comes to exceptance of men wearing a higher heeled shoe.Im very happy for your comments you recive, but for me it seems to be a diferent case, All though im geeting for daring, it seems that not many pople accept it here, ie. I went to a shoe shop recently, the lady just frowend and looked confused when i mentiond its a lot more comfortable for me to were a ladys shoe with a 2.5 inch heel. Then i got some strange looks walking though the shops, Maybe im just scared to much dont know, But im learning for everyone at this site, thanks guys :D:D

Good on ya Ice for wearing it though, and i have to agree i have had some strange looks at times too in Sydney (but maybe i'm just being self concious rather than anything else). I do try to partner my public heels (chunky block heels rather than a skinny heel) with jeans that cover the heels, so in reality i think most people don't notice unless i'm walking fast and my jeans ride up, or sitting down or walking up stairs. Have to admit, its a scary and exciting feeling at the same time when i think someone notice my heels.......

I have worn knee high four inch blade heeled boots, ankle boots with a four inch block heel, boots with a two inch sole and five inch heel (heel about two inch by two inch wide), boots with a half inch sole and four and a half inch heel (one by one inch wide). I have shoes too, but lately I've been wearing boots. My pants usually come down to just below the top of the heel, so they are quite visible. I know some guys like to hide the heels with long pants, but I prefer to let them show. Partly fashion statement (bored with men's shoes), partly to advance the cause (the more often people see men in heels, the quicker it will be accepted). I go out during the day; some people go out at night, but that's just when you will run into obnoxious drunken macho types who might give you a problem. I've gone to areas like Wellesley and Church (gay neighbourhood) but also to large shopping malls (Sherway Gardens, Eaton Centre).

terry... you make a lot of sense (eg night time is probably when you'll run into trouble) i only wish i can shed the social/personal/catholic responsibilities/guilt that i feel so that i can truely embrace wearing heels in public without care of ridicule....

Im on your side aussieheels, but im also realising, that i have to just get over it and do it. Its scary and the mind works overtime with all the thinking and emotions going on at the time, but im learning off others in this forum, and just giving it a go and after a couple of times it seems alright, im getting better. You just gotta step out side the square you live in and go for it.. Oz is the hardest place to do this i rekcon, but if we surport each other well be right mate..

You have to feel comfortable in what you are doing. If you aren't, you won't feel cofident, and it will show; you will be walking around like a deer in the headlights. If going out where or when not too many people will notice, then maybe that is right for you. I like to walk around in the day. It's sort of see and be seen. Of course, it depends where you live...ie a large metropolitan city or a small town. If you do decide to do it, don't go out the first time in five inch spike patent heels. I started out with something like a two or three inch block heel, partly covered by pants. When the world didn't end, I worked my way up to higher and/or narrower heels. I will be soon trying out the spike heeled running shoes, which will be the narrowest heel I've tried. Some people don't like that style, but I think they are enough of a combination of masculine and feminine that I will feel comfortable enough.

I know i've said this before but just what is it about Australia?? We must produce more bloody cross dressers and trannies than any other country in the world, yet any man foolish enough to wear something different be it something as innocent as a pair of really flared jeans (bought in a mens clothing store, 'why you wearing girls jeans', reply 'why were you allowed to live at birth') draws attention? I have found that one on one women are cool with me in heels, buying heels talking heels etc, yet let there be a group of men (yobbo's) within hearing distance and there all 'are you gay or something?' Every second girl i know is a bloody lesbian or had a girl on girl experience, which everyone seems to think is acceptable because so many famous women have gone lezzo on TV. Where are the bloody famous men in heels to take some pressure off us a bit, Tom Cruise or Heath Ledger in heels would have men scrambling for heels o'night. But don't think i don't wear my heels anyway, i'm a heel a holic and proud.

Thanks BC and Ice, and i also agree with Terry (i do often feel like a deer in headlights when i do venture out in heels). It's interesting what you BC said about flare jeans that were brought in a men shop and getting brag out for it my mates or people in general - i actually wouldn't have issue with that as i have jeans like that and i can confidently wear them and if people knock me i'm fine with it because i know i brought them in a men store..... it's odd that i can't have the same confidence when wearing heels (as inside i know that i can't claim that i brought them from a men store)....... if only a few men stores sell heels for men then i think a lot more men would wear heels with a lot more confidence (even though they did buy women heels :D )....

I think you must get over the shock that your friends or family will have when they see this or tell them about this. Talk abuot it. Tell them why you do it. I think when people have questions abuot it they will be ok with it. 9 times out of 10 when you are with them they will forget that you are 4" taller cause its not about your appearence, but who you are personality-wise. I think people are impressed with the courage that some of us on this board have. Just remember this thing - Do what you want to do.

Quite a few years ago my parents found my pair of 4 inch blade ankle boots under my bed whilst I was out! Whoops! They just left them on my floor and when I got back they just asked who's they were? Didn't seem too shocked. I doubt if they would have been even if I had told them they were mine. As it was I covered it all up saying that a friend left them. An awful excuse but not much else was ever said about it, apart from my dad asking the following day if there was something I wanted to talk about? Why is it that when your mind says yes your mouth says no (or hufafjkjfhaskdj). Just goes to show that you can never tell how people will react until you put them into an unusual situation. Hopefully I'll be out and about in my heels in the next few weeks and it will be interesting to see if anyone notices.

Terry: i've worn my 6 inch heels down queen street west, near spadina and bathurst area and came across the store: heel boy. had my pictures taken in front of it! not many folks down that way gave me any negative looks or remarks. i was wearing black 6 inch heels with a pant leg. i wore my white 6 inch spike heels down church street with black lyrca leggings!!! whew! now that was a bit on the crazy side i will admit. that was a few years ago when i was more crazy than brave!!! but what i've found in my experience is: most folks admire you for your honesty and your willingness to get out there and do your own thing. Toronto, i found, was a good city for that.

I've seen your pics on the MSN group. Yes, Toronto is a good place; fairly liberal. The worst I've ever got was a guy staring at me like I was crazy. I've had people smiling; I never know if it is because they think it's cool or if they think it's funny. But I've never been hassled.

• 2 weeks later...

i think the more you go out, the more you will find that folks mostly don't care. they are going to look at you yes. and maybe they will do a double take, but generally i think they will be impressed. no pun intended. i have worn my 6 inch heels in toronto and montreal and have never heard a lousy comment. i've worn them in ottawa though and have heard 2 negative remarks which just aren't worth repeating. i don't know what's up with that. but. what a trill... standing there on the corner of Yonge and College with some ultra sexy 6 inch heels, wondering what street i should take a walk up.

This Toronto thing sounds good. I actually live near London, Ontario but it might be worth the trip to TO to go for my first real "out in public, do my own thing". I've done gas stations and winter walks with a woolly hat, raised collar and sunglasses but I havn't gotten comfortable enough to just go for it unrestricted. I want that. Is there a particular area in Toronto where heeling would be more accepted? If so, someone please let me know. Thanks.

A good place to walk around in Toronto is the Church and Wellesley area. It is a gay neighbourhood, and generally more accepting of alternative lifestyles, etc. I often walk there and then over to Yonge Street, where they are also accustomed to things different. I've also gone to mainstream places like Sherway Gardens mall, but that is too conservative if you are a bit nervous about going out. Hmm...Toronto, Windsor, London...maybe we have enough people for some kind of S. Ont. heel meet. Anyone interested?

Terry - if you're wanting to try and organise a S. Ont. Heel-Meet, do it on the below Forum "Real Life Meetings" which is especially set-up for such proposals. On there I've even written a "How to set-up a Heel-Meet" thread. I hope it comes off, and I hope you all enjoy it as much as we do several times a year with our UK meets. Good luck! Cheerfully yours, Heelfan

Onwards and upwards!