New report on wearing high heeels

at9

There was a brief and somewhat trivial 'report' on BBC Breakfast this morning, including an interview with a wild-haired female academic from Aberdeen.   Naga Munchetty (hardly the most attractive or stylish presenter) made a point of showing her boring flat lace-up shoes, which were clearly her preferred footwear.   A pity that Sally Nugent (who was wearing stiletto sandals earlier in the programme) or Louise Minchin (usually in heels) wasn't commenting on the report; I feel sure they would have spoken in favour of more feminine footwear.

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...

I found this picture (now my screensaver) on the web a while back.  It sums up the way my wife and I feel about me (us) wearing high heels.  Have fun....   sf

27189123214_a54cfa7fc2_o.thumb.jpg.50dad588de5c0b9d10849aee7ab4a38c.jpg

• Like 6

"Why should girls have all the fun!!"

No, neither me nor the wife, just a pic I found on the web.....  

Nice sandals tho....       sf

• Like 2

"Why should girls have all the fun!!"

That pic was posted here a couple of years or so ago.  From the first time I saw it, I thought it made such an eloquent statement!

Being mentally comfortable in your own mind is the key to wearing heels in public.

The basic argument against Nicola Thorp stems from the fact that society has traditionally interceded over the natural right of individual agencies to choose their own appearance. Like Nicola, everyone has been the recipient of the social attitude that feels the need to put people in social situations where their right to choose what they wear is violated. Dress codes should be applied only in situations that involve safety and/or harm issues within the business environments that don't normally deal with any public interaction according to their work requirements, but for most aesthetic reasons - it's the individual's choice.  

Edited by Histiletto
  • Like 2