Transgender in US armed forces

So, Donald Trump has decided that there will not be any Transgender people in the armed forces in any way, shape or form.

It makes me wonder how long it will be before he decides that it will be illegal for men to wear heels, and as such, will ban the manufacture of heels in "mens" sizes.

Thank goodness for Fuss, and Italian Heels.

• Like 1

We don't care!

There is no acceptable big sizes  high heels produced in the  US !

exept for cow boys of course. But these are not real HH for me. 

So,as you wrote we will keep Fuss and Italian Heels for us. 

And all HH American lovers are welcome in Europe. We need some immigration!

On the other hand I wonder:

1/ how it is possible to be a transgender or a TV and in the army  

2/ how people who are supposed to have a brain could have elected such a weirdo. 

Pierre 

5 hours ago, Pierre1961 said:

2/ how people who are supposed to have a brain could have elected such a weirdo. 

"You can fool all the people some of the time, and some of the people all the time......", he fooled enough people by lying to them. And he continues to lie about everything. He tries to "win" by marginalizing the competition and a "scorched earth" policy on anyone who is not "loyal" to him. No plans, it all about him and his ego. 

• Like 2

Snake Oil salesmen also worked until they got ran out of town. The only Fake News is coming from the man in orange. 

To paraphrase Hamlet's mother "The president doth protest (Russia) too much, methinks."  

The Armed Forces have already come out and said this is NOT the policy.

Now Shyheels, tell me about Brexit......

Edited by Cali

11 hours ago, Pierre1961 said:

Given the rigging of the two parties, and out of 6 plus million people in the US, we get two choices - Shillary or Drumpf.

I am happy to say I voted third party!!

• Like 1

Fiddler, Your fear of a high heel "ban" is all for naught.....  Doesn't work that way in this country....

But thanks for your concern....

Smile.....    sf

"Why should girls have all the fun!!"

I know I’m setting myself up for a flame war, but...

There is a lot more to this than just a ban on transgender. I’m currently in the military and i see firsthand the issues that this causes. I personally don’t care what you identify as but when you start interjecting feelings into an institution that runs on regulations and the written law of the UCMJ it causes many problems. Just one being the wear of the uniform (and this is just a small issue). Currently you are authorized to wear the uniform that your birth gender says you are. if you interject what you Identify as, then it stands this simple regulation on its head and you will have soldiers wearing all sorts of combinations depending on what the "feel" like they are today. This, on the surface seems like no big deal, but I assure you i correct people all the time on the proper wear of the uniform. anyway, there is a lot more than just banning a group of people, some would say racist, but I submit that people are rejected every day from military service for far lesser issues such as being flat footed, or having a concave chest, or color blindness. The military has far more important things to worry about than dealing with a soldier that doesn't even know what gender they are. in the heat of combat, I want to know the person next to me is focused on the mission, and not what his or her plumbing is set like, and if I get shot, I want the person with me to be able to throw me over their shoulder and get us both out of there than having someone who doesn’t have the mental or physical fortitude to make it happen. No, I’m not saying all trans gendered are mentally handicapped, I'm just saying military is about war and anything it takes to win, not making sure someone has hormone therapy and plumbing surgery to make them "feel" better about themselves. Figure it out, get it fixed, then join, get your life straight before you are put in the line with others.

Again, I know I’m going to get blasted, but that’s my two cents.

Edited by HHMafia
  • Like 1

HH, A well written post, you ain't gonna get blasted by me, thank you.....   Plus, you did not start it.....   

Have fun.....    sf

On 7/27/2017 at 6:28 AM, fiddler1307 said:

So, Donald Trump has decided that there will not be any Transgender people in the armed forces in any way, shape or form.

It makes me wonder how long it will be before he decides that it will be illegal for men to wear heels, and as such, will ban the manufacture of heels in "mens" sizes.

Thank goodness for Fuss, and Italian Heels.

I Cannot remember the last time I took time to reflect upon any governmental/political action taken by the UK government.  Or, for that matter, by any government of any country beside my own.  I've always thought governmental actions taken by any country except my own, to be that country's internal affair.  In this spirit, I fail to see what business it is of anyone that isn't a citizen of this country whatsoever our President decides.  

Edited by Bubba136

Being mentally comfortable in your own mind is the key to wearing heels in public.

On 28/07/2017 at 6:51 PM, Bubba136 said:

I Cannot remember the last time I took time to reflect upon any governmental/political action taken by the UK government.  Or, for that matter, by any government of any country beside my own.  I've always thought governmental actions taken by any country except my own, to be that country's internal affair.  In this spirit, I fail to see what business it is of anyone that isn't a citizen of this country whatsoever our President decides.  

If you do not know and understand what is happening in the rest of the world, how do you determine what response you would feel appropriate for our government to implement. A little more  isolationism might  be prudent for the U.S. but we can't stay in the dark. What happens in the world has a direct impact on our nation regardless of what you may think.

I'm with you Bubba!!!!!   Smiles....   sf

P.S. I thought this was a site about wearing and enjoying high heels????  Hmmm?????

Edited by SF

On 7/29/2017 at 0:05 AM, Shyheels said:

So we should stop questioning/criticising North Korea's president too since we don't live there?

Good point!  However, I don't recall ever reading comments by anyone in the U.K. Questioning/criticizing/commenting about anything North/Korea does.  But, I constantly read/see/hear people from the U.K. constantly waxing critically about things in the USA that are absolutely none of their business.

Being mentally comfortable in your own mind is the key to wearing heels in public.

We live in a global society in which the US is a big player. What happens in the US - most especially its leadership - affects the rest of the world and is therefore very much our business. As for North Korea I don't believe we have many Nirth Korean members and so events in that country do not get mentioned much. But if you would like a British perspective on Kim Jong Un, I shall provide one: I don't think he's a very nice chap at all, and don't even get me started on his haircut!

• Like 1

As in all governments, there are two distinct, separate divisions.  One being domestic affairs which are comprised of issues totally related to internal affairs.  These issues are the business of the citizens of this country and no business of anyone else.  I concede foreign affairs/policy is another story.  However, I fail to see where an issue like "transgender serving in our military is an issue for anyone outside of this county.  Opinions, yes!  But, in the final analysis, it is our business and non of anyone else's. you run your country and let us run ours.  

We live in a world that is now global.  The very notion of domestic or internal affairs has entered the region of quaint.  Apple, Google, McDonald's, they run your country, like they run ours.  Google do better burgers than McDonalds, but the competition isn't stiff.

• Like 1

Globalism is a fraud.....   Plain and simple.....   You do your thang, we do ours..  I had my own ides about "Brexit" but I held my mud...

All the unfortunate bantering back and forth here will solve nothing, and reminds me of the hilarious scene from the movie Mad, Mad, Mad, Mad World with two great comedians Milton Berle and Terry Thomas....

Enjoy.....    sf

There is lots to dislike about globalisation and globalism but denying it exists seems blinkered to me. Don't get me wrong, I'd rather it didn't exist, but it's there and like it or not, it impacts us all.

On a brighter side, and circling back to the subject of this forum, there are many threads here about ordering cheap heels and boots direct from China - something that globalism allows one to do with mouse-click ease...

Edited by Shyheels

• 3 weeks later...

Way off track by now. Returning to transgenders in the US military. I served in the US Navy 1980-1985 and it was definitely taboo to come out back then and later came don't ask don't tell. As the first guy (actual military member) said there are serious costs and disruptions involved in catering to such people in what the federal courts have already ruled is a specialized society. The role of the military is simply to carry out the orders of the President and other senior members in the chain of command. The method of training may change a bit over the decades but there are two things that have not. They are trained to kill people and blow shit up. It's really that simple. You may hope and wish they don't but that is what they are trained to do. The entire structure of the military is designed to achieve a certain objective in the minimum amount of time needed. Whilst I much prefer Trump over what we would have had in Hillary I do think this is one pond he didn't need wade into. One thing's for sure though. A problem in the US military will be solved and resolved in the U.S. I do believe Europe is currently beset with other preoccupations. As far globalism goes yes it is here to stay. That doesn't mean one can't try to put the needs of one's country above the transnational needs of the 500 or so families who control 90% of the world's wealth. When you join an association  which taxes and regulates you into oblivion and effectively move part of your capital somewhere else things are bound to go wrong. Flags and currency and traditions and language all help make countries distinct. A one size fits all approach is destined to fail at some point, perhaps sooner than later. HappyinHeels

A certain person who shall remain nameless should stay out of it and let his Military staff deal with it. This may or may not include reassignment of those soldiers whom may not be effective on the battlefield.