Micheal Kor's buys Jimmy Choo

Heelster

That's a lot of $'s to buy out a line just to eliminate a very small market share. Easier to just sell at a loss for a couple years and push him out of business. I expect more behind the scenes too, like Choo is prevented legally from reentering the industry in any way for period of time. 

Lets hope the new owners take into consideration that there are men out there that are also customers of their products and decide to produce styles in larger sizes.

Being mentally comfortable in your own mind is the key to wearing heels in public.

2 hours ago, Bubba136 said:

Lets hope the new owners take into consideration that there are men out there that are also customers of their products and decide to produce styles in larger sizes.

Doubt it would even be considered. Purchase for men that is. Few problems with that. One being, sometimes smaller shoe appears more stylish once sizing it up it loses its flare. Take for instances infants white booties looks cute, can't imagine sizing them for adults. Think they call them ski boots..

Companies who buy other successful brands often is a desperation lateral move  for the lack of imagination which trickles to there own existing products sold. Usually quality is first to go. Later innovation and finally a negative appeal towards the brand and line of products. Yet customers get excited because price often drops with stronger manufacturing/ logistical process with bigger company buying and sharing there advantages in the market place. Yet who knows how the deal is made. Will Jimmy be on there own without any disruption of their designs or quality? If it all fails does Jimmy's niece split off on her own to do what he wants with the brand uncle built? As many brand name companies did or at least hold the right. 

Edited by MackyHeels

Highly doubt that, may size 41 or 42 but the market will never place overly expensive makes like Choo or CL into such a marginal market. As a group we need to be honest with ourselves, men in stilettos will never be mainstream and I'm sure I'm not the only one who really does wear stilettos will ever put up those kinds of dollars with real life expenses. Middle class for me means Nine West pricing is doable and not affecting the bottom line. 

• Like 1

45 minutes ago, Jkrenzer said:

Highly doubt that, may size 41 or 42 but the market will never place overly expensive makes like Choo or CL into such a marginal market. As a group we need to be honest with ourselves, men in stilettos will never be mainstream and I'm sure I'm not the only one who really does wear stilettos will ever put up those kinds of dollars with real life expenses. Middle class for me means Nine West pricing is doable and not affecting the bottom line. 

Exactly bigger sizes above what you stated will never happen. Only because women's medium shoe sizes is the target demographic they are selling to. Although if they wanted to widen their margins they could target one niche market begging to be fulfilled.

Seeing the record breaking free agent contract given out in the NBA mom's of these giant size players could afford to buy them few heels. Yet many of the mom's of these players have feet that just too big for regular heels designers size out. Hell, bet sales would spike initially seeing these big gals buy out some of these shoe boutiques stores.

This isn't about us or even the ladies. Today's world of mergers is always great news for stock holders but usually bad news for the consumer. Fewer companies means less competition means greater chance of collusion to mess with consumer choice. Service and products don't get any better but prices for the same things go up. Just watched TimeWarnerCable get renamed "Spectrum" and they are not reinventing themelves. They are regurgitating themselves. Same stock choices, same bureaucracy, and same high prices. This particular deal takes a company with great designs at normally too high prices buying another company at ridiculous prices only those in gated liberal cocoons take seriously. For the rest of us it is news filler, like background noise, lots of blah blah and little of value to the rest of us.   HappyinHeels