Hi from California

I have been visiting this site for awhile and I am glad to see that so many males enjoy wearing heels.  I guess that I have always had a fascination for heels but never really wore them. A couple of Halloweens I dressed as  an old lady satire in 1 1/2 inch heel clunky shoes, really doesn't count.

On Monday, I was at a thrift store and saw a pair of 4 inch Calvin Kline black satin shoes with rhinestone buckles.  They said take me home and I did.

Tuesday, I wore them most of the day doing things around the house.  At first all the pressure on the balls and toes felt strange, but after 1/2 hour I got use to it.  Years of skating and hockey have strengthen my ankles, so I didn't have any problems in that regard.  After about 7 hours I needed to leave and took them off.  Really didn't experience any unbearable pain - some foot soreness.  There was some tightness in the calves and thighs, but nothing more than a good gym workout.

I had a great time wearing them, though I need a lot more practice navigating the stairs.  I loved being 4 inches taller, finally 6'2".  For some reason I found myself standing straight, shoulders back - good posture.  Walking in them gave me a sense of control - maybe empowerment.  I enjoyed hearing the heels tap on the hardwood floors, tiles and pavement.  I liked the way the heels accented my arch and instep.  I especially liked the way the pointed toes slimmed down my rather boxy feet into a more streamline, narrow and elegant looking shape. 

Luckily, I wear a US men's 8 1/2.  These Calvin Kline's are a women' s 9 1/2.  Maybe I can try a smaller size - a 9 or even if I can squeeze into a 8 1/2 or 8, in order to achieve a more shapely look.  We'll see.

Keep you posted.

• Like 1

Welcome fellow Californian. 

Take it easy on your feet. start slower with shorter periods of time.

Usually there is a 1.5 different between men's and women's feet, so a men's 8.5 should be a woman's 9.5 - 10.  Either get you foot measured or go to someplace like a DSW (clearance area)  or Nordstrom's Rack and try shoes on.

I'm an US women's size 10 and that's in the normal range so the variety we have is gigantic.

You shoes should not hurt. Maybe after 8 - 10 hour a pair might be too much, but they should never hurt.

Life's too short for shoes that hurt.

Edited by Cali
  • Like 1

Walkingtall....  Hi there.  This is a fun and informative site, plus lots of good folks here.  California?  Cool, there are a lot of folks here from CA, including me.  As for wearing high heels, you just have to practice, practice, practice.  Welcome and have fun....  sf 

• Like 1

"Why should girls have all the fun!!"

• 4 weeks later...

Spareheels......  I am also in the Bay Area....   A few years ago I mentioned a meet up but no one responded.  With all these CA heelers appearing, maybe another get together attempt is in order?   Would be fun......    sf

P.S. If you see a guy in Mtn View wearing heels, it might be me - I get up there occasionally.  ha ha

"Why should girls have all the fun!!"