Filming yourself?

Pointer7

Hey Everyone,

I have just started wearing flats out when I go shopping (albeit late at night but it felt great!) This might sound weird but I like to film myself to see what I look like to other people, does anyone else do this? if so does anyone have any tips?

I tend to put the phone on the trolley so it doesn't look too obvious

Am I weird? lol

• Like 1

Congratulations on openly wearing cute flats - an important step in an evolution!

I have filmed myself out and about. This was a while ago - now the picture quality is better so the results would be better. I used to put a camera, and later it was my phone into a bag on the trolley, this disguised it and held it in position discreetly.

Nothing weird about it. I personally found i wanted to see what others saw when they looked at me - I wanted to see how I appeared in context, to set my own mind at ease I suppose.

Me and the family play Just Dance on Play station 4.  And that uses a camera so I wear my high heel sandals and shorts and have a great time and the play back shows how much I need dance lessons:fine:    But the fact I can see along with the rest of family (sister in-law comes over and wears her heels and we do a duet) a blast!    Dancing on video helps with learning to balance and walk and do fancy moves and hoping to not fall.   And it is one way to get online and show the world wide web my moves.

• Like 1

You are certainly not weird, @Pointer7 - I think its something we all want to do - at least initially. 

And yes - the camera on the trolley is a good option. a few times using it will teach you how to position it properly. so easy with phones today as well, though a 'real' vid cam will probably give you a more stable shot. 

Share it with us when done :cheeky:

4 minutes ago, gibby said:

Me and the family play Just Dance on Play station 4.  And that uses a camera so I wear my high heel sandals and shorts and have a great time and the play back shows how much I need dance lessons:fine:    But the fact I can see along with the rest of family (sister in-law comes over and wears her heels and we do a duet) a blast!    Dancing on video helps with learning to balance and walk and do fancy moves and hoping to not fall.   And it is one way to get online and show the world wide web my moves.

That sounds hilariously fun!! Good for you!  
What kind of heels do you dance in, and wear? 

I haven't done this in a while, but my motivation was to not only see how I looked to others, but to see how badly I walked. It was a useful tool to help me look more graceful. I've never videoed myself out and about, but I set up a camera on a tripod in my garage and walked around the driveway. I'm still not completely happy with my walk, but it's many times better than it was 5 years ago! I rarely grimace any more when I happen to see myself on a store security camera, or in the reflection of a window. I still think I look much better from the side than I do from the front or back (my unfortunately bowed legs--there's only so much I can really do about that).

No, it's not really weird.

Answer to Jeremy1986-   I am lucky my shoe arsenal (if the silhouette on the screen has a lady wearing gladiator sandals I have almost the same pair  that lace or buckle all the way up to the knees or even songs  that have boots with heels I get real close)     Makes the game even more fun.   Especially when my wife Jennifer says don,t you have a pair like she is wearing!   L.O.L         

Will do :)

Because I'm using the rear camera on the phone, its hard to know whether I'm in shot or not lol would be good to walk about without worrying if I'm walking in the right place! I tend to put the phone on the trolley, leave the trolley then walk up and down the aisle! Must be an easier way 

15 hours ago, gibby said:

Answer to Jeremy1986-   I am lucky my shoe arsenal (if the silhouette on the screen has a lady wearing gladiator sandals I have almost the same pair  that lace or buckle all the way up to the knees or even songs  that have boots with heels I get real close)     Makes the game even more fun.   Especially when my wife Jennifer says don,t you have a pair like she is wearing!   L.O.L         

That's great!! 

Does your wife dance in heels too?