Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
HappyinHeels

Email link wait time

Question

Tech,

Cali just posted it takes 3-5 weeks for an email with the link to be sent to a new member wanting to join. I'm trying to get my shoe store buddy Gary in Chicago to join and then saw Cali's reply. Not what I expected. Is the site in need of more administrators?? I really wanted to verify what Cali is saying. If the situation is different then I can hear it directly from the management.  Thanks for your diligence. HappyinHeels

3 answers to this question

Thats ALMOST correct. Members validate and approve themselves, instantly, however, they then get put into a queue, awaiting admin approval and checking over their profile.

This is made clear to them the second they validate themselves, however, so few ever bother to read anything they do, as 80% of the signups are ignoring the rules, or just using total BS details, and are just getting banned instantly.

Every single moderator has tried to screw the website and piss people off, trying to weald "power" over members or just being plain nuts, and the admins, well there is only 1 who actually is a true saint who can actually be trusted 100%, but like me, life is currently demanding our attention elsewhere.

So, coming over here to spend an hour to approve new members who have validated themselves is never at the top of the "to-do" list lately.

However, opening a new thread in the tech support section sends me an email straight away, as does the website "Contact" form where you can also send a direct email to me.

At this moment in time, the queue is currently empty.

Okay it sounds like Gary should have an email by now. He should validate himself and then click the link to activate is that right? I'll be at his store tomorrow and want to help him get on here. I always wondered about the passing administrators and what prompts the changes and now I have some insight. I'll see if we can him running sometime tomorrow, Thanks. I appreciate you :)   HinH

Bit fed up of having to tell people to READ THE RULES YOU AGREED TO!

Am closing this thread, this account was banned for ignoring the rules.