Hair on your legs and ...

Cali

I almost started this the other day when I saw a picture of a member in their stiletto booties with hairy legs. And I know many here shave their legs while some have gone the laser route.

So do you shave, wax, laser, or go au naturel?

What are your results?

The last couple of winters I've had to remove the hairs on my legs so I can tape them. Since I hate stubble and I am lazy (I don't want to do constant maintenance) I have my legs waxed...about 4 time a winter. This year when I let the hair on my legs grow back out I have about 30% of what I use to have.

Cali :  In a way, I am lucky. For some reason the hair on my legs has fallen out. I have had bare  <---  spelling.  legs for the past few years.

Must have something to do with old age. In years past I would wear textured hose. This type of stockings would hide the hair. I do feel

sorry for those of you who have to shave or wax.     spikesmike

DSCF5182.JPG

• Like 2

I can't really shave my legs due to work related reasons, but many years ago I used to have them waxed regularly, and these days they are noticeably thinner than the rest of my body hair.

I also have tattoos on my legs that don't really fit when I'm heeling, but I've recently found a decent solution in a pair of 120 denier flesh coloured opaque hose. They're maybe a bit 'loud' on their own, but they hide all the hairs and most of the ink, and if you wear light denier coloured hose over the top they look great, if a little shiny. 

Bloody warm at the moment though...

Like Esau, I am an hairy man. I won't be able to claim I can grow a beard in a day, but two weeks is certainly not out of the question. I need to shave my legs three times a week for best results, but it often doesn't get done. In fact, I wore long pants today because I didn't get round to shaving my legs, despite the heat. 

I also have to constantly pluck or cut my nose hair and ear hair. I only wish all this damn hair would have stayed on my head!

• Like 1

One of the side effects of a drug I need to take is long eye lashes and eye brows. When they start to weave together I get my brows cleaned up and trimmed (waxed).

2 hours ago, mlroseplant said:

I also have to constantly pluck or cut my nose hair and ear hair. I only wish all this damn hair would have stayed on my head!

Warning: Wishing too hard will cause it to fall out faster.

Edited by Cali

I go bare. Because I am permanently bare now as I went all out on IPL (back then) and a little later VPL when it took over.

I have absolutely not one whisker of stubble, and I certainly can never see anything - its only by feel I can find it (when moisturising/ checking ones legs) I tweeze them out.

II like hosiery but for colour only or formal.

• Like 1

I never shave any part of my body except my face, i am very fair haired so probably not that noticeable on my legs and thick denier tights usually takes care of that but I am a man, wish to remain a man regardless of outfit or shoes i choose to wear and part and parcel of being a man is body hair 

2 hours ago, maninboots said:

I never shave any part of my body except my face, i am very fair haired so probably not that noticeable on my legs and thick denier tights usually takes care of that but I am a man, wish to remain a man regardless of outfit or shoes i choose to wear and part and parcel of being a man is body hair 

I am disillusioned. I had been clinging to the belief that the measure of a man is how he conducts himself, and how he treats his fellow human beings. 

• Like 1

All,

Great topic Cali. Since I substituted a pool routine for weight training during high school athletics I got rid of body hair back then. I have maintained smooth legs since 2000 and smooth arms since last year. I like my wedges and my watches so smooth legs and arms works well for me. It also makes it easier to apply sunscreen or body lotion when hair is not in the way. While hosiery can hide leg hair certain times of the day can reveal that hair. The bare leg look can work if you go out immediately after shaving, your legs are tanned, and your toes are polished. I have found shaving arms , legs, and chest adds about 7 minutes in the shower. My shaving is frequent but I'm exploring other options too. HappyinHeels

• Like 1

Like Spikesmike, my leg hair has either simply fallen out or been worn off - not sure which. And similar to Jura, I have a medium size tattoo on the inside lower calf on one leg. I don't particularly worry about mine being visible, in fact, I tend to like that it is showing.

Logjam

• Like 1

4 hours ago, maninboots said:

I had a neighbor and she would have to shave her face several times a week. Her daughter now has a hairy face. And her mother has a hairy face.

I reject the notion that body hair is "part and parcel of being a man". I project as male, even alpha male while wearing my 4-6 inch heels. It's how you conduct yourself.

Edited by Cali
  • Like 2

I only shave legs and other areas when going out crossdressed . When I am just running around town in my heels and jeans , my toes and over the ankle - knee area that could show when I cross my legs or going up and down staircases . 

On 20/06/2017 at 4:30 PM, Cali said:

I had a neighbor and she would have to shave her face several times a week. Her daughter now has a hairy face. And her mother has a hairy face.

I reject the notion that body hair is "part and parcel of being a man". I project as male, even alpha male while wearing my 4-6 inch heels. It's how you conduct yourself.

Sorry it probably didn't come across as i wanted it to, i just basically meant that as a man i am covered in body hair and personally have no desire to remove it, I'll wear any style of male or female clothing along with high heeled boots or shoes but don't feel i have to alter my appearance in doing so, sorry if I've been misinterpreted or offended anybody 

2 hours ago, maninboots said:

Sorry it probably didn't come across as i wanted it to, i just basically meant that as a man i am covered in body hair and personally have no desire to remove it, I'll wear any style of male or female clothing along with high heeled boots or shoes but don't feel i have to alter my appearance in doing so, sorry if I've been misinterpreted or offended anybody 

I was pretty sure that I knew what you meant the first time, but I just had to poke you in the ribs a little bit! I did try to resist, but my baser side won out in the end.

I guess the problem with the whole concept is that what is considered "normal" and what is not normal is so artificial anyway. Most modern Westerners (male or female) prefer it if women shave their legs. It just looks better. Why is this? It certainly wasn't always this way, and isn't this way everywhere in the world. I am certainly not immune from my cultural bias, I buy into it also. Shaved legs just look better to me. I figure what's good for the goose is good for the gander. But then, most ganders do not wear shorts as short and as tight as I do, so go figure.

Don't worry about it brother, I was winding you up a bit.

I hear what you say and totally agree with you, thanks for replying and for the encouragement, my main point is anyone can wear anything regardless of gender and men don't have to feminise themselves to wear a dress/ skirt and heels (unless they want to of course) in the same way women don't have to be masculine to wear jeans and sweatshirts with trainers, just be who you want and wear what you want 

• Like 1

On 6/22/2017 at 6:54 AM, maninboots said:

I hear what you say and totally agree with you, thanks for replying and for the encouragement, my main point is anyone can wear anything regardless of gender and men don't have to feminise themselves to wear a dress/ skirt and heels (unless they want to of course) in the same way women don't have to be masculine to wear jeans and sweatshirts with trainers, just be who you want and wear what you want 

You didn't offend me, I wear heels daily in public, have manicured and painted both fingernails and toenails, shave my arm pits, blend my clothing, and wear some light make-up, yet I'm not feminine and I feel what I do as expressing myself, not feminizing. Many here call it freestyling. I need to remove the hair in the winter, so I get waxed 3 - 4 times a season and now I'm enjoying some of the "side effects": thinner and finer hair. And I think it makes my legs look better in my heels and shorts.

Edited by Cali
  • Like 1

18 hours ago, Cali said:

You didn't offend me, I wear heels daily in public, have manicured and painted both fingernails and toenails, shave my arm pits, blend my clothing, and wear some light make-up, yet I'm not feminine and I feel what I do as expressing myself, not feminizing. Many here call it freeI need to remove the hair in the winter, so I get waxed 3 - 4 times a season and now I'm enjoying some of the "side effects": thinner and finer hair. And I think it makes my legs look better in my heels and shorts.

I fully understand what you're saying and why you do that and also that is your preference which i respect totally and I'm sure you look amazing in your outfits, i just prefer not to remove hair, wear makeup or paint nails and my point is if you want to do all that, great, go for it, but it's not a necessity to do all that, you can still wear dresses, skirts, heels etc without doing anything as I do, sometimes I don't even shave my face lol but still wear women's clothing and heels in public, it's all about individuality at the end of the day and what works for you 

• Like 1

• 1 month later...

I used to shave my legs years ago but don't any more. Obviously if I'm wearing heels with trousers it doesn't matter, but I've always loved black opaque tights and they cover my leg hair perfectly. If I'm dressing up there's nothing I wear that they don't go with.

Hi all,

I think its a personal decision to be hairless, I've done every hair removal method over many many years and I was very hairy legged !!! (once upon a time) . Personally I prefer a bare leg with any high heels, and I think hosiery works better & feels better with smooth legs than with hairy/stubbly legs. Hosiery should just glide over the legs, its shouldn't stick around the knees etc and it needs a smooth leg within.

For quick results waxing is definitely best - quick to get done (do not do it yourself) but must be done say 1-2 days before you want your legs presented. The results will last a week and the more you wax the easier it gets and your hair gets finer! Shaving only lasts a day and you can feel a stubble...and hair grows back coarser!

If you desire to have smooth legs then seriously consider permanent removal - IPL/VPL. I looked at the hours I spend waxing and costs of that vs getting IPL/VPL treatment and it is long term much better investment to permanently remove hair. The main treatments cost a bit, but each one is very effective and you don't loose progress if you stop temporarily, so you can revert to shaving inbetween while you save for the next one. (can't wax inbetween) The beauty salon I used allowed me to come in for little touch ups in small areas (minutes only) if I discovered a stray hair or two down the track (for almost no cost, some were free) - the end result is honestly flawless. if you look after your skin as well - your legs will always feel like silk. You can continue the process to your bikini/brazilian areas as well if you choose for identically perfect results.

For me now I never need to do anything to my legs, they're always ready for action, always perfectly smooth, always blemish free etc.. I used to hate days when I had a slight stubble/regrowth, discolouration or marks and I had to be seen .... its so effortless & perfect now I cannot put a price on it ! Truely I can't.

• 2 weeks later...

Waxing is my preferred method and the growth is much less now. If waxing isn't possible then I will shave to avoid any stubble. My feeling is you either have to have smooth or hairy legs not somewhere inbetween.

• Like 1

Addicted to the click

• 5 weeks later...

During the summer, I was shaving only below the knee. However, I liked the feel of smooth legs so much that I started shaving the upper part of my legs as well. The wife has no complaints other than if I miss a day and she feels the stubble.

Since I don't know when, I seem to have this recurring issue where I can shower before bed, and wake up with under arm bo. Now it's not bad enough to where my wife notices, but I can't stand it. I started shaving my underarms to see if it would help, and surprisingly it seems to have helped mitigate it, but not eliminate it.

• Like 1

• 11 months later...

I tried shaving for a couple weeks and did waxing once. I liked the feel of my legs, but it just didn't feel "me". At the end of the day, I've decided that if I am willing to go outside the norm and wear heels I may as well do it with my natural hair. I'm already transgressing one societal norm, so why be concerned with shaving my legs if it really isn't my thing?

At the end of the day, do what feels right for you. If that is being bare, just be prepared for upkeep. If not, maybe buy leggings or something else to cover the hair when it just doesn't work with an outfit. :-)

I don't know about being cheaper. I had my legs waxed three times last winter so I could tape them up. Hair came back sparser and thinner this summer. Wonder what will happen after next winter's waxing.

And not only does "hosiery works better on smooth legs" I like it with my leggings.  My hairs don't stuck in my leggings.

Definitely cheaper. A full leg and bikini line (to get very top of thighs) wax done every 4-6 weeks all year around.... add it up vs IPL/VPL its cheaper in monetary terms if you look at what you spend in 4 years waxing - you can get the hairless result in approx a year of IPL/VPL treatments around 8 weekly intervals - approx 6 or more depending on your hair colour/skin type.

The best thing is no regrowth ever - and never having to spend time waxing/shaving etc.... Worst things about waxing was having to allow the hair to grow to around 4mm in order to get a proper wax result. Shaving is yucky and stubbly - but either way the amount of hours put in to get a result thats nowhere near as smooth as permanent removal.

Its better having no hair with physical activities and as you say with leggings too !

I'm not sure. With limited regrowth I've gotten since February, I don't think I have much after the 3 or 4 waxing this coming winter. I can get a full leg (to bikini) in 45 minutes.

But I fully agree, shaving is not worth it.