Bootcut jeans

Steve63130

Last weekend I went to Indianapolis and while my wife was in a meeting, I had time to do some shopping. I found a Clark's store, but didn't see any new styles I wanted. The sales staff was very helpful and welcoming. I was wearing a polo shirt, bootcut women's jeans, and a pair of Born sandals with a 3" heel. I then stopped in to a Torrid store, a brand I'd heard of but never explored. I didn't see any shoes that grabbed me there either, but I noticed that they had a good selection of plus size women's jeans and I needed some new pairs. I found my size, tried them on, and they fit very well, so I bought two pair. I sent in a review of them yesterday and they posted it on their web site today. The link is: 

http://www.torrid.com/product/torrid-slim-boot-jean---dark-rinse-shorter-taller-lengths/545844.html?bvnotificationId=e83b47b2-5280-11e7-8d19-0af801f2c7aa&bvmessageType=REVIEW_APPROVED&bvrecipientDomain=gmail.com#review/150023937

However, since it will eventually disappear, here is the text:

☆☆☆☆☆ 5 out of 5 stars.

· 17 hours ago  

Perfect for me!

"For years I've found that bootcut women's jeans are a great choice for me, as the fabrics are lighter weight, stretchy, and you just can't get the selection in men's jeans. My wife is ok with that. I came across the Torrid store in Indianapolis last week, and immediately found these jeans in 18R, tried them on, the fit was perfect, and I ended up buying a second pair! Lacy was very helpful in getting me registered as a customer and setting up my account. I'm 5'9" and have an inseam of 32". I love to wear heeled shoes (as a guy) and so I just ordered these jeans in an 18T. Thanks, Torrid, for making these terrific jeans. They're pricey but well worth it, and I'm enjoying my purchase very much!"

I included a photo of me wearing the jeans, which they also posted. In that photo I am wearing Born sandals (sorry, I don't remember the style name) with a 3" heel, in "rust" color. The nail polish is Jessica's "Haute Hippie," which is a dusky reddish brown. 

Torrid Jeans.JPG

Yesterday, Torrid sent me an email with a 30% off sale, so I bought a third pair, but in a longer length (18T) for wearing with higher heels.

Steve

Edited by Steve63130
  • Like 1

Those do look rather nice on you, Steve. I'm glad you were able to find something that works.

I am surprised that you need a tall in size 18, as you are not super tall or anything, but the proof is in the picture! A little extra length would in fact be desirable if you were wearing higher heels. 

My body must be super weird. I don't think my legs look that out of proportion with the rest of me, but evidently they are very short! At 5'5", or 165 cm, I generally take a size 4P, and 95% of the time (100% of the time for straight or skinny styles) I still have to have the pants shortened. Luckily, my best friend (and shoe buddy) is a tailor!

Thank you for sharing, Steve! If you don't mind my asking, what are those jeans worth, anyway (before the 30% discount)?

I don't recall the last time I wore a "new" pair of jeans.  After I discovered how many comfortable jeans were available at thrift stores for next to nothing prices... :penitent:

:wavey:

• Like 1

I dream of a world where chickens can cross roads without having their motives questioned.

On ‎6‎/‎17‎/‎2017 at 7:56 AM, mlroseplant said:

Those do look rather nice on you, Steve. I'm glad you were able to find something that works.

I am surprised that you need a tall in size 18, as you are not super tall or anything, but the proof is in the picture! A little extra length would in fact be desirable if you were wearing higher heels. 

My body must be super weird. I don't think my legs look that out of proportion with the rest of me, but evidently they are very short! At 5'5", or 165 cm, I generally take a size 4P, and 95% of the time (100% of the time for straight or skinny styles) I still have to have the pants shortened. Luckily, my best friend (and shoe buddy) is a tailor!

Thank you for sharing, Steve! If you don't mind my asking, what are those jeans worth, anyway (before the 30% discount)?

Thanks for the compliments. 

I'd like to meet your tailor one of these days!

The jeans' full retail price is $59, but I got the second pair half off and a 10% discount for joining the rewards program, so they ended up a little over $40 with tax. Still kinda pricey, but I love the fabric and the fit, so I'm ok with them. I take good care of jeans and usually get 4-5 years wear out of them (or $10 per year). I never put them in the dryer, as it can destroy the spandex in the fabric; I just hang them to dry.

Steve

Hey Steve.....  Those pants (and sandals) look nice.  Torrid has some nice stuff.  I have never purchased their clothes, but have admired and tried some of their shoes / sandals - they have larger sizes which is nice.    And the store staff are generally very helpful...  

Take care, have fun....   sf

Edited by SF
  • Like 1

"Why should girls have all the fun!!"

Torrid is a store I occasionally go into. Haven't bought any jeans yet but have pair of cognac wedges (5.5") from them I bought in 2015. Prices are more there and at Lane Bryant as their focus is the plus-size women's market. I usually get a size 14L  or 16R for wearing with heels. My legs are proportionally short but my heels are not. I find if you either heels into the store or bring them along then you can accurately fit the jeans to the heels.   HappyinHeels