hh

BannedMoron

What you've got their ticks almost all of these considerations I've blasted out:

Appearance:

• Seamed hosiery is classical.
  • Micronets (as these are) are classical, larger fishnet patterning is not so classy, and I personally wouldn't recommend larger fishnets.
  • Skirt versatility:
    • fitted and/or finger tip hem length or shorter skirt = definitely pantyhose sheer to waist (or bare legs)
    • all other skirts = either stockings/pantyhose depending on your personal preference
  • Opaques look ugly, wherever possible under 20 denier always. 15 denier is good.

Seam:

• you mentioned cuban heel - the picture doesn't show a cuban heel ?
  • a seam will always elongate your leg - however  a plain black stocking colour will also elongate your legs just as well.
  • a seam can be hard to coordinate with some patterns/ styles of skirt (eg geometric patterns, or an assymetrical skirt.)

Colour:

• sheer black is always good (provided worn with darker skirts)

Comfort:

• its an individual thing and wearing them is the only test.
  • pantyhose should fit up to your waist, tummy button, and not slip down (sometimes the fits are bizarre)
  • You might find that standard hosiery is nicer to wear then micronets, I don't like the feel of micronetted hosiery on my legs, standard hosiery is much smoother. Nets all have a rubbery feeling, like they're gripping in to the skin a little bit?
  • Summer time stockings are much cooler if you need hosiery on your legs, suspended being the comfiest for wearing for longer periods, holdups next.
  • Depending on your hem you might find stockings a more practical/comfortable option.
  • Surprisingly there is warmth in wearing sheer hosiery (in my opinion).

Durability:

• I have found micronets to be more durable the standard hosiery
  • pantyhose is generally more durable than stockings
  • Lower denier = fragile (although not always!) I have 7's that last better than my 15's.
  • The better hosiery often wears better, is ladder resistant, and often doen't develop any little imperfections in the legs like cheaper ones do.
  • My Best Tip:
    • Purchase some hosiery gloves for putting stockings on. This will prevent snags etc when you're handling them!
    • Wash them inside a small lingerie bag.
    • Ensuring the lifespan of medium to good quality hosiery looks better and is cost equivalent to buying low-medium quality and being rougher on them.

cheers

Craig

Hello,

I know 2 of the 3 brands quite well.I have ranked then in the order I would choose

1st = Oroblu - I wear that brand in stockings - they are very good quality. They have a lovely seam. The only warning is they will get smelly because they are mostly Nylon - these are more traditional and have a far finer finish because of it! RHT is important - so these are the best choice - but you will have to wash them often.

2nd = Transparenze - I have their fashion pantyhose. (big bold backseam patterns etc and roses etc). They are very similar to what you are looking at. They will be durable and good quality but without RHT they're weaker at the pinch points and could well ladder.

3rd = Glammory - I do not know this brand - sorry! The picture shows quite a pale backseam? Not as bold an option.?

Hope this helps

• Like 1