Does heels with 90-degree arches still exist?

kanye2020

After a round of research, I found the "Creating a Highheeled Woman" website that was mentioned around years ago. Here: http://web.archive.org/web/20070221191449/http://newagequest.com:80/hh/highheels.html

In particular, this image intrigued me:BPfootdynamics.GIF.5ec0724fc7e7c31334c1a84046a201da.GIF

I searched around and found that even the highest heels these days have an obtuse angle of over 90 degrees, even the "fetish" heels. Which leads to the question, does 90-degree angle arch heels exist anymore, and if so, are there even any for sale?

Kanye2020

This is my take on the 90 degree question. What is a 90 degree shoe?  If you wear a women size 7 1/2 high heel shoe and it has a 6" heel 

with no platform, the shoe will feel extremely high. However, If I wear the same style 6" high heel shoe--size 13 us. the degree of incline

will be less due to the length of my foot.  If you are looking for an extreme high heel shoe for yourself, go on line and view : AliExpress -Wonder

Heel. They have 7 1/2 " heels w/ 1 1/2 platform. Well made. Inexpensive. Many colors to choose from.

DSCF5229 (1).JPG

• Like 1

Hi Kanye2020

I don't think the shoes exist physically with an arch shape over 90 deg,

To achieve the look - simply any proportioned high heel shoe where the heel is truely high relative to the shoe size will do the job.

A foot when slipped inside the high heel shoe will take that shape if the wearer has enough flexibility (although the shape is slightly exagerated). If the foot cannot flex that far then its not possible for that person to stand upright and/or walk.

My forefoot arches beyond vertical in my tallest high heels (EU41/42 and 6in no platform). But its not practical being at that arch angle for a lot of walking! 5 mins at a time tops!

Does it really look good? I don't think it looks as good as a high heel where the wearers forefoot extends vertically in a line from the knees to the toes? But thats my opinion anyway.

• Like 1

Mike, High Heels generally can bend the feet at 2 positions right? At the base of the toes, and at the arch under the feet, between the heel and the ball of the foot. This 90-degree I'm talking about refers to the angle that the arch of the foot would take when wearing heels. In the picture in the original post, you can see on the left, a shoe with a 130-degree arch, where the arch is relatively straight. On the right, you can see an arch of 90-degrees, where there's a right angle, making the heel horizontal, and the rest of the foot (excluding toes) vertical. I'm wondering if shoes like the one shown on the right with this right angle in the arch exist currently. To put it in another way, I'm looking for a shoe that bends significantly at 2 spots: the toes, and the arch; whereas the usual heels bend at one place: the toes, and have a somewhat straight arch area.

Freestyler, I see, thank you for your post. What angle does your arch bend to at the underside of the foot?

By the way i am aware of one shoe manufacturer Peter Chu - who has "special arch" shoes.

Looking at his pumps they are near vertical on the rise of the insole and the arch and insole flatten a lot over the heel, so these are definitely going to put the wearer beyond vertical but the arch insole still doesn't come close to 90 deg.

I had a pair of Peter Chu's 2 yrs back but broke the left heel on them! They did cup my insole nicely.

I took these pics from their website. Take a look at their site maybe?.http://orientvisual.com

cheers

img97.jpg

img98.jpg

• Like 2

10 hours ago, nzfreestyler said:

Hi Kanye,

well its hard to see inside the shoe when I'm wearing it but I've put one on and taken a quick photo into the instep . Not exact science but I'd guess 75 degrees.

20170613_172021.jpg

You're measuring the wrong angle. its not 75 but 180 - 75 or 105 degree angle.

Edited by Cali

18 hours ago, nzfreestyler said:

By the way i am aware of one shoe manufacturer Peter Chu - who has "special arch" shoes.

Looking at his pumps they are near vertical on the rise of the insole and the arch and insole flatten a lot over the heel, so these are definitely going to put the wearer beyond vertical but the arch insole still doesn't come close to 90 deg.

I had a pair of Peter Chu's 2 yrs back but broke the left heel on them! They did cup my insole nicely.

I took these pics from their website. Take a look at their site maybe?.http://orientvisual.com

cheers

img97.jpg

img98.jpg

I have an identical pair, only I black. They are a dream fit and fun to wear.  I've had them for several years but don't wear them much any more.  While I still wear heels on a daily basis, since I turned 60 I rarely go out with heels higher than 4".  Pumps, boots and wedge heel sandals in the summer.  I've definitely given up the higher heels for the comfort of lower heels.   Style still is important, however.  I occasionally still wear 6" heels out to restaurants and places where I don't have to walk any distance or stand for any significant periods of time.   Comfort really has become a prime consideration as I get older.   

• Like 1

Being mentally comfortable in your own mind is the key to wearing heels in public.

Yeh I know what you mean!

The Chus fitted my arch well, and had good support but I was really on tippy toes so they weren't my favourites for a lot of walking. Had to/ and still have to lead with my hips a lot more than normal with heels at x/s height and I feel its a little fun, but also a case of more of a nice thing is not necessarily better. Just because a high heel is lovely to look at, doesn't mean a higher heel is better to look at! I like to feel good all over if I'm wearing heels, If I'm not completely comfortable in my image and how I feel then I won't come across right to people I encounter!

• 1 year later...

https://www.aliexpress.com/item/Sorbern-Shiny-Grey-Thin-Metal-High-Heel-14Cm-Cross-Straps-Sandals-Women-Custom-Red-Bottoms-Stilettos/32868793354.html

I think these are what you're looking for. I got a pair for my girlfriend and they are amazing! With every step her ankle juts way forward over the front part of her foot. Truly, a marvel of flexibility to watch.

The pair below also cause hyper foot arching but, without the more horizontal part over the heel, she says it feels like her heel bone is being rammed into the back of her tibia. Which, it obvious is, but she manages anyhow. The pair above, however, does mostly what is shown in your original drawing above:

https://www.aliexpress.com/item/Sexy-Sandals-High-Heels-Leopard-Gladiator-Strap-Sandals-18CM-Cross-Straps-Metal-High-Heel-Stiletto-Sandal/32917916633.html

Edited by m1super90

• 3 weeks later...
On 1/24/2019 at 9:10 PM, m1super90 said:

https://www.aliexpress.com/item/Sorbern-Shiny-Grey-Thin-Metal-High-Heel-14Cm-Cross-Straps-Sandals-Women-Custom-Red-Bottoms-Stilettos/32868793354.html

I think these are what you're looking for. I got a pair for my girlfriend and they are amazing! With every step her ankle juts way forward over the front part of her foot. Truly, a marvel of flexibility to watch.

The pair below also cause hyper foot arching but, without the more horizontal part over the heel, she says it feels like her heel bone is being rammed into the back of her tibia. Which, it obvious is, but she manages anyhow. The pair above, however, does mostly what is shown in your original drawing above:

https://www.aliexpress.com/item/Sexy-Sandals-High-Heels-Leopard-Gladiator-Strap-Sandals-18CM-Cross-Straps-Metal-High-Heel-Stiletto-Sandal/32917916633.html

I think you found exact the explanation for what kanye is looking.

The first one "only" bends the foot at the toes and not at the arch.
The second one bends the foot at two points, the toes and the rach.

Also you confirmed what I thought. I think a shoes which is bend at the arch is very hard to walk with. The only thing is to bend the shoe/ feet a bit at the arch and the rest is the optical impression, because the bend at the arch has to be 90 degree, so that the leg is in a line with the heel.

Edited by User47

• 9 months later...

Thanks @m1super90, you opened my eyes to the differences between these generic Chinese knot sandal heels Domina-108 knock-offs. At 14 cm, the arch has the greatest angle, and as the heel height increase, the angle at the arch increase to allow more heel height. It makes total sense, but I didn't realize it before your comment. Now I really wonder how the 14 cm model it looks my shoe size.

• At 14 cm, we can clearly see the 2 bends, 90-degrees at the ball-of-foot and a noticeable bend at the arch. HTB1MhlQacnrK1RkHFrdq6xCoFXa9.jpg
  • At 16 cm, the bend at the ball-of-foot becomes less severe, and the bend at the arch similarly becomes less severe. For the lack of better words, I see the angles are more "dull" and not as "sharp" as they were on the 14 cm model. HTB1xzIiXiDxK1RjSsD4q6z1DFXaS.jpg
  • At 18 cm, the bend at the ball-of-foot return to a near 90-degrees, but the bend at the arch is becomes even more vertical than the 16 cm model. HTB1S9f.cZic_eJjSZFnq6xVwVXaJ.jpg
Edited by kanye2020

and we wonder why women don't want to wear heels?  Why would anyone want to torture themselves with ridiculous heels such as these.  If you want to sit and look at them, fine, but don't expect anyone to walk anywhere in them.  That is foot trouble for sure.

• 2 months later...
  • 1 month later...
On 12/12/2019 at 11:54 PM, RonC said:

and we wonder why women don't want to wear heels?  Why would anyone want to torture themselves with ridiculous heels such as these.  If you want to sit and look at them, fine, but don't expect anyone to walk anywhere in them.  That is foot trouble for sure.

Why they would want to wear such heels? Other then a few very rare ones who actually dig it, for a very simple reason. They want to please their husbands/boyfriends. And there is nothing wrong with wanting to please your significant other.

Edited by Chorlini
syntax

And more power to them if that's what they want to do.  There are a ton of studies that prove that heels do damage the wearer's feet and maybe even back and knees, and these studies are based on what women typically do, in fact, wear regularly, which is nowhere near what the heels here are in terms of height and slope.  I love heels, and loved my wife in them when she could still wear them.  But beyond maybe for bedroom type purposes, I would never ask anyone to wear a heel like that which could inflict damage in a relatively short period of time.  Personally I don't really enjoy an overly high heel, but I know there are plenty that do.  Have fun....

6 hours ago, p1ng74 said:

I would never ask anyone to wear a heel like that either, unless that want to.  But I’d be willing to try wearing them myself :p

I would really like a pair to try.

i’m thinking about buying the 16 cm off amazon in pink soon

• Like 2

@jamie1608 Well if you do, be sure to post pictures. LIke others have suggested it's an individual taste, i'd certainly be up for trying them but I can imaging they would be utterly impractical to try and walk in.

But as always willing to try them to be proven wrong.

21 minutes ago, ohnoberty said:

@jamie1608 Well if you do, be sure to post pictures. LIke others have suggested it's an individual taste, i'd certainly be up for trying them but I can imaging they would be utterly impractical to try and walk in.

But as always willing to try them to be proven wrong.

https://www.amazon.co.uk/ZFAFA-Extreme-Strappy-Stilettos-Wedding/dp/B07KDR8CHQ/ref=mp_s_a_1_4?dchild=1&keywords=16cm%2Bhigh%2Bheels&qid=1585908692&sr=8-4&th=1&psc=1

these are what I’m looking at

• Like 1

On 4/3/2020 at 12:12 PM, jamie1608 said:

I have them, got them from Aliexpress:)

SAM_4884.JPG

• Like 3

Trying to learn walking in superhigh stilettoheels

Pernilla,

Those shoes are absolutely fabulous!   What is more impressive is that your legs are perfectly straight in those killer heels.  Many times I have seen pictures of people in that high of a heel and their legs are bent at the knees or they are sitting for the picture or even holding on to a wall, railing, or something so they don’t fall over.   
You have awesome legs too!!!!

CAT

1 hour ago, CAT said:

Pernilla,

Those shoes are absolutely fabulous!   What is more impressive is that your legs are perfectly straight in those killer heels.  Many times I have seen pictures of people in that high of a heel and their legs are bent at the knees or they are sitting for the picture or even holding on to a wall, railing, or something so they don’t fall over.   
You have awesome legs too!!!!

CAT

Thank You:)

Trying to learn walking in superhigh stilettoheels

• 1 month later...

I’ve ordered the 16cm heels I found on amazon.

they don’t have the pink in stock at the moment so I’ve ordered the black pair,

if successful I will order the pink later

Used to love to wear heels that high but now at over 60 years old , I can’t handle them anymore.  Did wear a pair of white Pleaser pumps with 5.5  heels to a “dining experience” last night.  Only response I had was from a man seated close to the entrance.  His comment was “a little early for white.”  To which I replied :  “it was close enough.”

• Like 2
  • Haha 2

Being mentally comfortable in your own mind is the key to wearing heels in public.