My first ( of hopefully many ) posts.

Huhwhat

Sorry about the blur in the image, my phone had a smudge on the lens.
These aren't what I consider good looking, however I tried them on just to see if I liked them as an option for a less obvious outside world choice.
With the pants hanging down, you can only barely notice them as high heels.  Yet at the same time the heel is somewhat hard and makes a definite heel sound when walking across a tile floor.
I have worn these into a store and was extremely self conscious, though I doubt anyone noticed at all.
They are EXTREMELY comfortable.

20170523_150813.jpg

20170523_150842.jpg

• Like 8

These photos are a couple of different days.
The first two were a visit to a local stadium/park that I knew wasn't going to be too crowded.  I was seen walking by a handful of people, but outside of a double take or two, not much more than that.
The next two are in my home with a pair that I think are very sexy but not particularly comfortable for long term wearing.
The third set of 4 is the same pair as the first, but I wore them out with the specific objective of getting gas at a station.  I wore some jeans that would cover them when I stand still, but they show when walking and they make the beautiful sound great heels do.
You can see the chain I had locked them to my foot with, it wraps under by the heel, crosses in front and locks behind my ankle.  I had tried to go out and hit a public place with the intent before only to become intimidated and take the heels off.  
I figured no better way to commit to following through than to force myself to comply.
There was apprehension on the drive to the station which certainly peaked when I went inside to pay and only grew more intense each time a car would pull around or to a nearby pump while I was filling the tank... however, the drive home after completing the small task I set out to do I was completely ecstatic. 

I hope I didn't post too much or something uninteresting for my first day as a member.  I look forward to being part of this group with all of you.

20170529_000444.jpg

• Like 9

Welcome to the forum!

Great shoes.  It looks like you will fit right in here.  As a new heeler, are you comfortable with a heel that high?  And just to make all us big footed guys envious... what size are they?

You will find many posts about heeling in public, especially for the first time.  Almost everyone starts by trying to find a secluded place but most of the experienced folks advise going to a crowded place.  It's great that you have tried shopping for shoes in a store.  Don't worry about saying the heels are for you (a sale is a sale, and a happy customer comes back).

Looking forward to more posts and enjoy your heels.

:wavey:

• Like 1

I dream of a world where chickens can cross roads without having their motives questioned.

huhwhat,

You're in the right place! Though it may seem a forum dominated by men there are women here too but we all love heels and that's the sole of the matter. DOn't overthink posting photos as we all love that. I'm somewhat curious about the "approval process" as I thought it was as simple as creating a userid and password after a validation email.

Please start to relax when wearing heels in public. Nobody really cares except you! You have one life to live so start living on your terms and nobody else's. Many of us started off in the basement or the closet and realized one day it's a stupid exercise in lack of self-confidence. Sure, you've convinced yourself of boorish monsters lurking in the shadows of their buddies while taunting you about your heels. Trust me, any guy who wear heels openly, has no lack of balls or confidence. Whilst many here are diligent about where they ear their heels owing to local security or proximity to one's employer an increasing number here are wearing heels of various styles and heights in more varied venues than eve before. You did the right thing coming here. Welcome aboard the "heel train".   HappyinHeels 

• Like 4

Welcome to hhplace! I like your style...the skinny jeans and hosiery really really accent your heels well. My tastes in jeans an hosiey is the same. Must applaud you on your public outings in heels. I wish I could get to that level of heeling but not yet. Hope you enjoy conversing with the members and exploring all avenues of high heel topics.

• Like 2

Welcome huhwhat. You get use to the power click sound and you also learn how to control the sound if you want to. But at times I really enjoy the sound. Don't worry about other customers. Take the time and get the service you need to find shoe that fits. Unlike many here, the first time I wore heels was when I borrowed my Ex-wife's shooties for a wedding, wore that pair for 15 years. It took about a week after purchasing my first heels, Baretraps, before I wore them to work. Had to get comfortable in the height (1.5 inch - what a wimp I was). 

And its not the crowd, it more the location; a park is not typical stiletto territory.

• Like 2

Welcome to the forums! I really like your taste in heels and the way you wear them with the tight jeans. Looks great. I really like the heels from your first foto set. The sandals with the silver studs are awesome as well. Respect for going out in the park like that. I haven't worn really thin heels out yet. It looks great so you probably shouldn't let the doubts hit you again in a public place and go for it. And small things can be big for us heel loving men so don't worry. Thanks for sharing. :) 

Edited by Cl0setheels
  • Like 2

2 hours ago, Thighbootguy said:

Great shoes.  It looks like you will fit right in here.  As a new heeler, are you comfortable with a heel that high?  And just to make all us big footed guys envious... what size are they?

You will find many posts about heeling in public, especially for the first time.  Almost everyone starts by trying to find a secluded place but most of the experienced folks advise going to a crowded place.  It's great that you have tried shopping for shoes in a store.  Don't worry about saying the heels are for you (a sale is a sale, and a happy customer comes back).

Looking forward to more posts and enjoy your heels.

Thank you.   
While I am confident that I will not be taking the advice of going to a crowded place, I do appreciate the suggestion and where it comes from.  

As far as the question..   Do I feel comfortable with a heel that high?  Yes.  That is why I was wearing and posting those.  The one pair that I said isn't very good for longer wearing isn't because of the height of the heel, it's actually because of the fit in the toe area.  
Don't get me wrong... the heel height was a problem for me a year or so ago.  But I think between playing ice hockey (balance) and the work boots I've worn for my job ( about 2 inch heel ) gave me a head start.  

Ps... generally speaking I'm a size 9 US. though depending on the brand 8.5 and 9.5 have fit well.   ( 39-40 ) 
Not big feet for a guy, but I would argue it makes my hobby a heck of a lot easier for me than those of you that are searching for size 11 and up.  
Thankful for the small things in life ( so to speak ).

• Like 1

2 hours ago, HappyinHeels said:

huhwhat,

You're in the right place! Though it may seem a forum dominated by men there are women here too but we all love heels and that's the sole of the matter. DOn't overthink posting photos as we all love that. I'm somewhat curious about the "approval process" as I thought it was as simple as creating a userid and password after a validation email.

Please start to relax when wearing heels in public. Nobody really cares except you! You have one life to live so start living on your terms and nobody else's. Many of us started off in the basement or the closet and realized one day it's a stupid exercise in lack of self-confidence. Sure, you've convinced yourself of boorish monsters lurking in the shadows of their buddies while taunting you about your heels. Trust me, any guy who wear heels openly, has no lack of balls or confidence. Whilst many here are diligent about where they ear their heels owing to local security or proximity to one's employer an increasing number here are wearing heels of various styles and heights in more varied venues than eve before. You did the right thing coming here. Welcome aboard the "heel train".   HappyinHeels 

I suppose I may have used a confusing term.  You are right, it isn't much more than creating a user id and password... however, for whatever reason the validation email didn't come right away as it does with most sites.  I probably started the process 3 or more weeks ago ( even tried it a second time after that in case I just glitched out of the system ) but didn't get confirmed until today.  In the meantime, I was "awaiting validation".  Could still read just couldn't post.

I appreciate the following thoughts.. .and you definitely touched one of my direct issues.  
My job is out with the public and while how I feel personally of being seen as heeling person... my employer has a certain professional image and irregardless of how I feel about it, they could feel otherwise.  
My "proximity" to my employer isn't a specific location... it is anywhere within about a 30 mile radius of my home.  
I also have children still of public school age, so until at least they are beyond that age... I shall remain mostly very low profile.  I can take any ribbing or comments... however, I don't wouldn't want my kids to face the attention bullies in school might dish out.  
In a few years though ( assuming I still have the ability to walk in them ) I will be retired and my kids off at college or graduated.  Then... well... I'm looking forward to that day.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Cali said:

And its not the crowd, it more the location; a park is not typical stiletto territory.

You are absolutely correct.  
The particular park I was speaking of is a small one with a looping path right off of a street with sidewalks and stores.  
It still isn't the typical stiletto territory, but it isn't quite like going to Yellowstone either.
It is really more of an opportunistic place to get outside and walk after I chickened out of a couple of other options that would have been more "normal" but also much more crowded.

That being said though....   I'm not exactly sure that I go anywhere that is in fact stiletto territory.  
I also have a feeling that subconsciously, I would rather be noticed as standing out if I am seen than for it to go as just another one of the crowd.  
A little bit of a catch 22 there I suppose.

• Like 1

16 minutes ago, Huhwhat said:

I suppose I may have used a confusing term.  You are right, it isn't much more than creating a user id and password... however, for whatever reason the validation email didn't come right away as it does with most sites.  I probably started the process 3 or more weeks ago ( even tried it a second time after that in case I just glitched out of the system ) but didn't get confirmed until today.  In the meantime, I was "awaiting validation".  Could still read just couldn't post.

The validation process for this site takes 3 - 4 weeks. It appears that the admin waits for several before processing. The HeelsForMen site took 3 months.

If you want to be seen then walk up stairs with people behind you.  "Stiletto territory is any flat, clean, dry, crack free area.

• Like 1

Welcome @Huhwhat! great to have you.

Love your heels in the first shoot - I love having an ankle strap around my legs, it reminds me of the fab heels I am wearing!

For some reason, my validation also took ages. anyway, happy to be here now.

Ad totally with you on the kids thing... its enough I have to deal with my heels :cheeky:

• Like 1

HEY! Huhwhat! Welcome to the forum. The fact that you enjoy wearing high heels definitely gives you the position of good standing here. We may not have the same favored styles we want to wear, but that is what being real is all about. I support your right to make such choices. 

Although I understand the reasoning why we do it, but we're actually doing a disservice in keeping our high heel wearing hidden, especially from the ones we have dedicated our life to care about and want them to become familiar with and love the real us. The distorted social image we are being forced to live up to will continue to reign unless more people realize how messed up it is. Nature gave each person the ability to have and use their own set of tastes in presenting themselves before others. This natural agency has been belittled and defiled by those who have been schooled and brainwashed into complying with the imposed stereotyping, which excuses and denies an individual's sense of taste and desire for being faulty unless they follow the established dictates society has standardized and promotes. The idea that you can't want, use, and/or wear something, because others don't prefer it, is the same type of mentality that promotes bullying and servitude.  

On 6/11/2017 at 4:28 PM, Huhwhat said:

While I am confident that I will not be taking the advice of going to a crowded place, I do appreciate the suggestion and where it comes from.  

I don't know what part of the country you're from or how close heeling venues are to you but let me suggest a few that generally attract folks that don't care what you have on your feet.

• Art Museums
  • Libraries
  • Bookstores
  • Post Office
  • Shoe Stores

It really is all about presenting yourself with confidence.  In many other posts I have talked about liking what you see in a full length mirror.  If you don't like that image, don't go out.  For some, there is a certain amount of "I dare you to say something" bravado about wearing heels in public.  That is a little more adventurous then my style so I cant offer advice.  My best outing is if no one pays any attention next is if I get a "You look nice" or "Nice boots"comment.  Regardless of how you approach public heeling, you have to have confidence in yourself.  By the way, public heeling is a great way to boots you confidence in yourself.  You have to say, with your demeanor, "Yep, I'm wearing heels, I like them, and I think they look good".

Ok. Off my soap box.

On 6/11/2017 at 4:28 PM, Huhwhat said:

generally speaking I'm a size 9 US.

:text_sigh:

Absolutely no excuse for not having great looking shoes/boots. :penitent:

By the way, Knee high boots over jeans is a great look and an easy one for guys to present.

Enjoy your heels.:wavey:

• Like 2

I dream of a world where chickens can cross roads without having their motives questioned.

On 6/18/2017 at 8:17 AM, Thighbootguy said:

By the way, public heeling is a great way to boots you confidence in yourself. 

to boots my confidence?     

I realize you meant boost, but what a perfect swap of words.

Ps. I like the location suggestions.  I hadn't considered libraries...  but have considered the others for sure.

On 6/18/2017 at 8:17 AM, Thighbootguy said:

By the way, public heeling is a great way to boots you confidence in yourself. 

to boots my confidence?     

I realize you meant boost, but what a perfect swap of words.

Ps. I like the location suggestions.  I hadn't considered libraries...  but have considered the others for sure.

• 4 weeks later...

How is it progressing after a month?

Glad I don't have a size 9 foot or I would be out of space for shoes.  choices, Choices, CHOICES that are available at that size are so numerous.  For many years, I ordered from catalog stores like Aldens, Wards, Penneys, and such.  When I got the nerve to purchase in person and ask if "she doesn't like them, can I return" to let them know they weren't really for me - yeah, I sure that worked - NOT.  But the last pairs, I have purchased in Payless stores and trying them on before purchase.  It has been interesting to have help and suggestions by the ones with the experience wearing when they choose the mood.  Not many options for the 12 and 13 size group. 

• Haha 1

Just a bit higher to to delight - low enough for healthy foot comfort and great beginning.

11 hours ago, jetheelsfan said:

Glad I don't have a size 9 foot or I would be out of space for shoes.  choices, Choices, CHOICES that are available at that size are so numerous.

At a US women's size 10 it is so hard not to keep from buying shoes. Really hard, really really. I only have women's shoes now, I stopped wear men's shoes about 6 years ago after another ankle reconstruction and most of my shoes have at least a 4 inch.

I have set some rules:

(1) only shoes that can be worn to work (only 4 four that can't)

(2) only shoes that fit from the start

(3) good looking heels, I want my female co-workers to envy my shoes, to lust after them

But I have reached a space issue, I am out of room. My walk-in closet is full. I have three 1 foot by 6 feet bookcases full of heels, adjustable shelves. I like to go in an pick my shoes for the day, I don't have time for boxes. Time for a new house with a bigger walk-in closet.

• Like 2

• 1 month later...
On 7/24/2017 at 4:37 PM, jetheelsfan said:

How is it progressing after a month?

Glad I don't have a size 9 foot or I would be out of space for shoes.  choices, Choices, CHOICES that are available at that size are so numerous. ..........  Not many options for the 12 and 13 size group. 

Well, it's been going as you sort of implied it might.
Being a size 9 ( or so ) I've found it almost too easy to find shoes I like and I might not have made enough choices.  I probably should have said no more times than I said yes.

I haven't really advanced my heeling in public all that much.  
I shopped one thrift store entirely wearing some 4 inch boots that I have.  But other than that, I'm still limiting myself to basically private areas or when I drive.
However, when I drive, it doesn't mean my heels cannot be seen.  I'm usually in a jeep with no doors.  So anyone next to me can see what I'm wearing given half the thought to look.
I also find myself leaning towards wearing heels every time I'm getting gas at the station.  I've been noticed a few times and with the occasional double take ( mostly women in their late 40's or 50's ) anyone else that has noticed hasn't reacted at all.
Well, there was one fellow that was walking into the ATM as I was walking out... he was about to say something but glanced over his shoulder at his wife and decided to not say a word.  I don't know if it would have been positive or negative.  But he most certainly was going to say something.

I have decided I have too many pair, so I'm going to give the ones I just can't keep a "farewell walk".... so what you see here just didn't fit right ( in the case of those red beauties with the wide ankle strap ) or just don't feel as great as others that I have.

I can't believe I'm at the point of weeding them down.  But as I found thrift stores that have some fairly nice selections, I may have gone overboard a little in buying.
At least the hose don't take up a lot of space, so my enthusiasm for purchasing more than I need allows me that luxury.

The black strappy pair with silver buttons ( had worn in the first post ) were worn to a drive thru today just before I tossed them in a donation bin.  I liked them... but they didn't make the cut.  I had my foot up as seen in the photo, but the person at the drive thru seemed too busy to even notice.  
The black strappy ones with the mesh panels were wonderful to walk in, but the top ankle strap was just a tad too tight for long wear... so out they went to find another home.
The Gold sparkly pair were one of my first purchases... way too flashy for me now.  But I thought the rugged look of the jeep somewhat countered those in an interesting way. 
The red ones... damn I loved that style, but they were an 8 and I should have just said no.  

The black and white plaid... I was going to get rid of... but after wearing them for a two hour period.. I realized I still like them way too much.  There is an ankle strap on them that is hidden by the pants here... which I definitely have a preference for... so for now they have been saved.  But they might very well end up being the next to go as I weed out the collection.

20170903_150004.jpg

20170830_192120.jpg

20170830_192040_HDR.jpg

20170830_191900_HDR.jpg

20170830_191326.jpg

20170827_143633.jpg

20170827_104640.jpg

20170827_104434.jpg

20170827_104336.jpg

20170825_190651.jpg

20170825_190641.jpg

• Like 2

On 7/25/2017 at 4:19 AM, Cali said:

At a US women's size 10 it is so hard not to keep from buying shoes. Really hard, really really. I only have women's shoes now, I stopped wear men's shoes about 6 years ago after another ankle reconstruction and most of my shoes have at least a 4 inch.

I have set some rules:

(1) only shoes that can be worn to work (only 4 four that can't)

(2) only shoes that fit from the start

(3) good looking heels, I want my female co-workers to envy my shoes, to lust after them

But I have reached a space issue, I am out of room. My walk-in closet is full. I have three 1 foot by 6 feet bookcases full of heels, adjustable shelves. I like to go in an pick my shoes for the day, I don't have time for boxes. Time for a new house with a bigger walk-in closet.

Absolutely fantastic rules.

I wish I had learned and abided by them a while ago.

I'm very likely to ignore #1 as I am required to wear steel toed work boots...
But rule #2 is an absolute from here on in.

Hard rules. Sometime Rule #2 can't be used.  The Steve Madden Gretchen's were too tight but I got the at clearance...no returns. I worked on them they fit and will be worn to work soon.  You know you can add extra holes to the the strap. I use a finishing nail, a hammer and a small piece of wood. I locate where the next hole should go and hammer the nail into the strap. Turn it over and do the same on the other side. I have large strong ankles (also known as THICK) so I need the extra hole or holes. The Gretchen's also required new holes.

I violated Rule 2 again today. I have been looking for blue suede heels. Found a pair, but I read that they ran narrow, so I went a size up. But I couldn't find a store with a size 11. Since I had a 25% off coupon/code and bought gift cards at 74% of face value. So I took a gamble. If they don't fit I can always take these back.

I hopefully got my blue velvet boots. I'll post pictures if they fit, I'll return them if they don't

Edited by Cali
  • Like 1

On 9/3/2017 at 10:16 PM, Cali said:

You know you can add extra holes to the the strap. I use a finishing nail, a hammer and a small piece of wood. I locate where the next hole should go and hammer the nail into the strap. Turn it over and do the same on the other side.

Yes, I get that.
However, sometimes the strap just simply isn't long enough.  

8 hours ago, Huhwhat said:

However, sometimes the strap just simply isn't long enough.

Then you need to make the choice:

(a) do I get it and do something about the strap - replace, add to

...or

(b) forget it, the heels are not worth the effort

I had women in stores complain to me about this problem as well, like I could do something about.

• 2 months later...

New images from the last week or so of heeling.

I'm retiring quite a few pair ( off to the donation bin )... and before they go, at least one last walk about.
The first pair spent some time in two clothing stores... ladies clothes and shoes.  No one bat an eye.
The second pair I'm keeping for now, extremely comfortable to walk in... another trip to a clothing outlet store ( no that isn't my shoe rack ).
The platform thighhighs were cheap and silly... Went to an ATM with them... never truly liked them, but they were on sale at a thrift store for $8. Tell me you wouldn't have bought them as well.
The last pair are also now gone... 
There will be more pictures in the next month or so. as I plan on paring down the collection by at least 5 more pair by new year.

Happy Heeling everyone.

20171127_181824.jpg

20171127_180610.jpg

20171127_172736.jpg

20171127_172616.jpg

20171127_172421.jpg

20171125_192615.jpg

20171125_174619.jpg

20171125_173706.jpg

20171125_172925.jpg

• Like 4

I love the platform sandals with the flare jeans. Does anybody know where I can find jeans like that for a skinny six foot guy? I kinda want them to be tighter at the top, then flare at the knee and go over the heels almost to the floor...

• Like 1