National Seersucker Day

Not only is it election day here in the UK, but over in the good old US of A it is National Seersucker Day - a tradition observed in the US Congress where the gentlemen (and since 2004, the ladies) wear seersucker suits to instil a bit of old southern country charm (a la Gregory Peck in To Kill A Mockingbird) Sounds kind of cool, really. But where do you even go to buy seersucker suits nowadays? 

I think Darren McGavin wore a seersucker suit when he played Kolchak the Night Stalker.

I don't want to LOOK like a woman, I just want to DRESS like a woman!

5 hours ago, JeffB said:

I think Darren McGavin wore a seersucker suit when he played Kolchak the Night Stalker.

I believe you're right! I loved that show when I was a kid. I'd forgotten all about it!

20 hours ago, iggy_ze said:

Surely, seersucker suits are sold by seersucker suit shops.

Surely seersucker suits are sold by seersucker suit sellers in seersucker suit shops.

Megan that's why you need to get your passport and see more than the grim obviousness of life

Edited by Cali
  • Like 1

Stop living in fear. The grey skies aren't everywhere.

I just determined one of my bikini bottoms is made using seersucker material, never would have known without this topic. LOL

Now back to your Pleasant peasant pheasant plucker Penelope's purple pump purchase.

For those of you who enjoy naivety, there was a thing for teaching reading here in the UK called Letterland.  It was largely based on alliteration, Annie Apple, you get the idea.  The letter that strayed from that was X, 'Kissing cousins'.  Was that Harper Lee's input?  Anyway, for 'L' it was 'Lamplady Lucy'.  I could only ever hear this https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Q56QzGcAKZc