How hot does it have to get, before...

KneeBooted

You stop wearing boots? A friend of mine and I were having this discussion. She feels that once it passes the 70 deg F on a regular basis for the highs, she puts hers away.

However, I have another female friend who wears her riding boots almost up to 90 deg F outside.

What is your comfort zone? And if you wear them when it does get warmer out, do you still wear stockings, socks, etc. with them?

Haha, I'll offer the other extreme: I largely put the boots away when the temps reliably rise above freezing! Anything above 50F (10C) is fair game for sandals if I feel like it, which I usually do. 

• Like 1

It has also to do with rain. I switch from open toe and sandals at about 65 F and then back out of boots at 60 - 65. But i have been known to wear calf high boots in the summer with my shorts on raining days - when I do I wear knee high socks, but I don't pull them pass the top of the boots.

• Like 2

I don't wear boots, don't really care that much for them.  I am a sandal guy, fortunately out here on the west coast sandals can be worn most of the year.....  Nice....   sf

• Like 1

"Why should girls have all the fun!!"

11 minutes ago, SF said:

I don't wear boots, don't really care that much for them.  I am a sandal guy, fortunately out here on the west coast sandals can be worn most of the year.....  Nice....   sf

Happily, the same can be said of boots here in England!

• Like 2

I went to an outdoor jam last night with the temperature in the low 80sF (28C) wearing jeans and faux suede OTK boots with 4" block heels.  We were sitting around and playing so there wasn't a lot of physical activity so I was quite comfortable. Most of the time I'm indoors with air conditioning where any boots are comfortable.  Regardless of footwear, I have never been a fan of summer weather. :whatever:

:wavey:

• Like 1

I dream of a world where chickens can cross roads without having their motives questioned.

Life and work have taken me to places where there are extreme temperatures, both hot and cold, and for extended periods of time, and so I have had to adapt to just about anything - but my preference is for nice cool weather, boot-wearing weather.

• Like 1

70 F is a pretty good cutoff point for me although in the evenings I may still switch to boots if the occasion arises, even if its a little bit warmer than that.  But sandals all summer during the daylight hours, is the norm for me.

They actually keep the engine heat off my legs in traffic so I keep them on.  If I should go down I'd rather have the leather scrape the pavement than my skin.  I had that happen once years ago and believe it or not I was able to restore the finish of them.  The doctor said my skin wouldn't have fared so well.  In Texas a lot of folks wear them all year anyway. 

• Like 2

3 minutes ago, blueparrot said:

They actually keep the engine heat off my legs in traffic so I keep them on.  If I should go down I'd rather have the leather scrape the pavement than my skin.  I had that happen once years ago and believe it or not I was able to restore the finish of them.  The doctor said my skin wouldn't have fared so well.  In Texas a lot of folks wear them all year anyway. 

Not to mention the occasional rattle snake.

• Like 1

Cali,

Don't you live on the Central California coast? What I remember from my days in the Bay area, I'm also a COOP observer with the National Weather Service, is little precipitation in April and September and none at all from May through August. Were you way up the coast in Oregon or Washington? I do agree wearing a boot makes sense during rain though.

All,    

I have worn high heel sandals with temperatures at or just below 32F/0C and have worn boots in rainy conditions above 55F/12.5C. Of course I'm the same one who told mlroseplant I have gone barefoot in the snow at times. I focus more on my real mood and desire. Seems my temperature comfort zone is wider than most. Probably part of living in the Midwest of the USA. HappyinHeels

2 hours ago, HappyinHeels said:

Cali,

Don't you live on the Central California coast? What I remember from my days in the Bay area, I'm also a COOP observer with the National Weather Service, is little precipitation in April and September and none at all from May through August. Were you way up the coast in Oregon or Washington? I do agree wearing a boot makes sense during rain though.

We get one or two days of rain a summer on the Monterey Bay coast. Not much, just enough to lift the oil off the roads and cause accidents. However it gives me the perfect opportunity to wear my calf high boots with my shorts. That look always get hundreds of triple takes and open mouth expressions. (Maybe it might give meganiwish a nightmare.)

Edited by Cali
  • Like 1

4 minutes ago, Shyheels said:

I like wearing boots but even I don't wear boots with shorts. 

If you have the legs for it then I would tell you to give it a try.  Swing your hips (over rotate) and watch people walk into things. It's a lot of fun.

• Like 2

56 minutes ago, Cali said:

If you have the legs for it then I would tell you to give it a try.  Swing your hips (over rotate) and watch people walk into things. It's a lot of fun.

You're funny - love it!

I'm with Mlroseplant on this question. Boots are ok only if it's below freezing out. They're too warm for me indoors, and when my feet get hot, I feel very uncomfortable and can't wait to take off my boots. I like to wear them outside, though. For me, 50F is my lower limit for sandals, and between 50 and 60, I usually prefer to wear with hosiery. Above 60, hosiery is optional, depending on what sandals.

Steve

12 hours ago, Steve63130 said:

No problem if you live in Ohio!

:giggle:

Steve

That's no joke - - 47 degrees yesterday morning, and 80 plus by early afternoon.

Edited by Heelster

On 6/6/2017 at 4:39 PM, HappyinHeels said:

Cali,

It rained yesterday. Just enough to cause problems.

• 2 weeks later...

South Florida here too.

My boots will probably not see the light of day until October-November.. Way to hot and humid.. Mostly humid..

Never frown because you never know who is falling in love with your smile.

KneeBooted

Good question. Easy answer. I have no point to where I stop wearing boots, be they thigh high or knee highs. Even if I am wearing pumps, I still

have on hose. The high heels I wear have nothing to do with the weather, gust my high heel interest for the day.   spikesmike

DSCF5231 (6).JPG

DSCF5245.JPG

• Like 1