"Do You Like Them?"

Cali

"Do you like them?"

This is what I say when I notice someone is staring at my heels.  

Happened today. I was exiting a grocery store and putting my basket back in the place outside the store when a grandmother, her daughter, and grandaughter was behind me. When I turned to walk to my car I notice they had all turn to look at my wedges. So I asked "Do you like them?"

"Gorgeous!" was the response. We then talked for another minute or so.

So what do you do or say when you notice someone staring at your heels?

Edited by Cali
  • Like 2

When I notice someone looking at my heels I just smile and say "hi."  Sometimes that will start a conversation, sometimes not.  Most of the time the looks are from ladies, who almost always have a positive comment.  No one has ever been critical - nice.    

One time in Vegas a guy noticed my heels and asked, "Are you wearing high heels, that's really cool."  Then he pointed out my heels to the lady he was with and said agin, "this guy is wearing high heels, that's really cool."  Then he made some comment about always wanting to be taller - he was shorter than me - and I said to try wearing heels, and he said that he may just do that.  We all laughed and smiled then went our separate ways.    

Sometimes a simple "hi" and a smile works wonders.     Have fun, sf

• Like 3

"Why should girls have all the fun!!"

I am just getting to the point this year where I might be able to turn a negative reaction into a positive. Up to now, I have just ignored stares, or done something to make the starer feel slightly embarrassed. I think Cali's approach may be suitable for me as well, now that I'm more comfortable. 

• Like 2

I have never really noticed if others are looking at my boots, do my best not to be affected (or notice)  any negative attention.  I guess I should really consider the possibility that someone might have something nice to say and acknowledge them....Hope this happens soon, thanks for sharing great responses...

Never say a word, even if others point me out saying, see what shoes he's wearing. 

Brave or bold to ask do you like them. Often I get stunned stares or smirk or giggles. Had similar situation as you mom, daughter's, grandma, grandpa, husband sitting standing by on at a store bench between outer inner door sort of a vacuum between the two sliding doors. As I walked out the young daughters teens began to snort and laugh getting the entire families attention. 

Whenever someone laughs or giggles noticing my outfit or bootie heels I become defensive even bit angry at them. Only because they don't except my style. Usually I categorize them as haters or people unwilling accept male dressed up in feminine style. 

Find them discriminatory even prejudiced of certain fashion styles. Most often they rather never ever want to have conversation or to get to know me. Only because what I wear does'nt suit there taste or style. 

• Like 1

Cali

Today 5-22-2017, A similar situation happened to me in the Meijer parking lot. I was already in my car. Engine running.

I heard someone shouting ( woman ) and thought she may be in trouble. NO, she just wanted to ask why I hear high heels.

I spoke to her a few minutes and we went on our way. Nice lady.      spikesmike                   P.S. this is not the outfit or

the high heels I was wearing at the time.

DSCF5193 (1).JPG

• Like 4

6 hours ago, MackyHeels said:

Never say a word, even if others point me out saying, see what shoes he's wearing. 

Brave or bold to ask do you like them. Often I get stunned stares or smirk or giggles. Had similar situation as you mom, daughter's, grandma, grandpa, husband sitting standing by on at a store bench between outer inner door sort of a vacuum between the two sliding doors. As I walked out the young daughters teens began to snort and laugh getting the entire families attention. 

Whenever someone laughs or giggles noticing my outfit or bootie heels I become defensive even bit angry at them. Only because they don't except my style. Usually I categorize them as haters or people unwilling accept male dressed up in feminine style. 

Find them discriminatory even prejudiced of certain fashion styles. Most often they rather never ever want to have conversation or to get to know me. Only because what I wear does'nt suit there taste or style. 

Yeah, I remember a group of teenage girls giggling behind me on the up escalator in a mall....I felt it best not to acknowledge them, "never let em see you sweat" kind of thing.

Keep in mind that the loudest criticism is usually from those who are the most envious or jealous....

2 hours ago, pebblesf said:

Yeah, I remember a group of teenage girls giggling behind me on the up escalator in a mall....I felt it best not to acknowledge them, "never let em see you sweat" kind of thing.

Keep in mind that the loudest criticism is usually from those who are the most envious or jealous....

Agreed with loud criticism but some females often don't want or can't  admit they're jealous of what a male is wearing.

Overheard two females partially discuss my outfit unbeknownst to them i understood it was about me, they thought i was clueless of whom it regarded as i came late to there surrounding.. One gal said to the other while keeping eye on me if understood,  "don't want to admit it, but i'm sometimes so jealous of his clothes", the other replied nodding me too, he looks exactly like you less the hair". Yet later they both agreed preferencing, it's wrong what he wears only because they dislike males wearing feminine styles. This attitude cements my belief which defines males in feminine outfits, heels, clothes  invokes dissonance amongst the ladies.  Females often don't hide their feelings blantly showing hatred  in public, accompanied with bitter confused stares, or bad comments to friends, laughter, giggles, scowls. When they enjoy or regard you well styled they keep it to themselves hiding any sense of reaction, only looking away odd times they may smile finding it cute or amusing.

Once in awhile i can notice in there stunned stares usually younger females who feel self-conscious once seeing me  wearing certain outfits, appearing well styled and fashionable or very least trendy. Only once had 30 year old single female scream loud  as she could noticing my outfit as i walked passed her dolphins could hear.  Shocked and visibly startled  at her reaction thinking to myself why the drama, then as you put it Pebblesf, loudest critics often are most jealous and envious.  While being noticed wearing same  outfit i mentioned earlier from screaming female another  older gal late 50's early 60's  stood stunned, frozen from her strides staring as what i was wearing watching me closely as i walked passing her by. 

Edited by MackyHeels

I had an interesting experience recently, while shopping at Macy's. I was wearing a pair of black patent pumps (Aerosoles "Major Role") with black leggings. I was standing in the check-out line, when two  black males both in their 30's came to the line. The one said, "look at this guys shoes, he's wearing". I turned around and said, " do you like them?" Of course there was no comment from either guy. I then slipped out of my pump to reveal my red pedi. They both looked stunned. The same guy that said , look at his shoes said to his friend, "this guy must have a big pair of BXXXX" to be wearing high heels and have colored toes, too".  I just smiled at them, while the clerk started to laugh out loud, at the whole incident. I know the clerk very well and she sees me in heels and sandals with my pedi showing when I'm in Macy's shopping. After she took care of my sale, I turned around and said to the two guys, "Maybe you should try wearing a pair of heels too, you may like them" No comment from either guy. As I departed I said, "have a nice evening!"  I walked away in my 4" heel pumps, turned around  and saw them watching me, with glued eyes. I thoroughly enjoyed my encounter, that night.

Happy Heeling,

bluejay

• Like 2

Mr Bluejay,  Nice story.  As we here know, the pioneers take the arrows.  I wish there were more guys who wore heels in public, that would make things a lot easier for there rest of us who do.  

However, in the meantime, I love wearing heels and gals shoes and will continue to do so.  My personal experience wearing heels - in public - since 1996, has mostly been neutral to positive.  Never have I gotten a negative comment, but I have gotten a few stares and giggles, that just comes with the territory - the "arrows."

Finally summer is here and I have spent the past few days out in my heeled sandals having fun, running errands - it's wonderful!!!  

Take care all, have fun....   sf

• Like 1

"Why should girls have all the fun!!"

Mackyheels,

Anyone, and this will invariably only happen when accompanied by at least one other person, who is giggling or staring you down in apparent disbelief, or talking out loud about YOUR fashion choices is insecure in their own identity which is the driver of this behaviour. You know who you are which is why is you wear what you do. All of us do not wear any type of heel because we take into consideration what some half-witted, simple-minded, can't-think-without-the herd, passerby may or not say. If we are doing this then perhaps we should cut off our nut sacks. It's a pair of shoes and, on your feet, they are YOUR shoes. They are NOT on your feet on a conditional basis. The idea anyone would would allow their personally-chosen wardrobe choices to be judged by random rejects is ridiculous. A quick "Well, do you like them?" is probably exactly the tonic needed in this situation if arises. Like Ghandi said "Be the change you most want to see in the world." It starts the moment you look in the mirror.   It takes nothing to follow a crowd. It takes tenacity and character to stand tall when weak-minded fools try to topple you. HappyinHeels

Edited by HappyinHeels
omission
  • Like 3