Victoria Beckham's Antonio Berardi heel-less PVC boots from 2008

alphax

Pictures of these were all over the internet back when she showed up in NYC at an event to promote something of hers.

Article with pictures

http://stylefrizz.com/200809/victoria-beckhams-antonio-berardi-heel-less-pvc-boots/

A reporter describes walking in the boots

https://www.theguardian.com/lifeandstyle/2008/sep/30/fashion.celebrity

I've always thought it was strange how the ripoff footwear industry never replicated these.

I mean, there are plenty of heel-less boots and shoes, but usually with the heel as part of the platform, whereas those boots had a geometrical looking platform under the toe box and really nothing else visible to support the heel, although there's probably a shank in there.

• Like 2

7 hours ago, spikesmike said:

I own and wear a pair of heelless boots. You can not believe how comfortable they are.

Your right I really can't believe it... but I'm willing to take your word for it. :beers:

:wavey:

• Like 1

I dream of a world where chickens can cross roads without having their motives questioned.

Comparing the Beckham/Berardi boots to spikesmike's, the Berardis also have the stiletto point at the back of the platform, but the stiletto's curve doesn't join smoothly into the foot's heel but makes a curve into a perpendicular join into the sole well before the curve of the heel.  The hidden stiletto also comes down into the ground at an angle instead of perpendicular, reducing the length of the platform.

Another platform- shortening feature is where it slopes back in downwards from the toe point. 

Truly a remarkable design.