How HIGH a heel can you wear?

Cali

Hi,

I know that there are several similar threads, but some are for women only and are style specific while others restrict platforms.

So in this thread I'm looking for.

Style: (Stiletto pump, block pump, wedge, bootie, ...)

Rise:

Platform ht.:  ___

Heel ht.:   ___

Net rise:  ___

Shoe size:  ___  (A 3" rise in a size 6 is very different from a 3" rise in a size 11)

Maybe a picture.

My tallest shoes, the ones I can clean the top of the refrigerator in, are my SpeedLimit98 Platform Peep-Toe Lace Up cut-outs, one of the first heels I purchased and wore out the store:  2" platform, 7" inch heel yields a 5" inch rise, US size 10

Victoria's Secret Suede Ruched ankle-strapped stilettos:  0.5" platform, 5.25" inch heel yields a 4.75" inch rise, US size 10.

SpeedLimit98.JPG

I like several

stiletto pumps

thigh high boots

5 and 6 inch single sole

6 and 7" with 1-2" platforms.

My go to all time favs are Steve Madden Dejavu's  in black and beige in the pics.  I also just found a pair in leopard!!

My Pleaser Devious Daggers are 6-1/4 single sole with ankle strap that I was in Chicago out and about for 7 hours.  

My usual time out in heels is 5-7 hours  with no problem image.thumb.jpeg.0e35a15ee38f69e3e64a24815ef3b94a.jpegimage.thumb.jpeg.8738c828d4b48e61704c6820b5375f1d.jpegimage.thumb.jpeg.f99cc75c41a38b7f8df5b2eb1a6bb039.jpeg 

• Like 7

7 hours ago, CAT said:

My usual time out in heels is 5-7 hours  with no problem

:text_sigh: Ankles of iron (but good looking though). :penitent:

:wavey:

Edited by Thighbootguy
  • Like 1

I dream of a world where chickens can cross roads without having their motives questioned.

I kind of addressed this question in my personal thread, "The High Heeled Ruminations of Melrose Plant," but did not give the details presented here. The question is, "How high a heel can you wear?" The answer is, not very, compared to some. The steepest rise I can really deal with all day long, without thinking about it, is 4 1/4". I tried a pair two days ago foolishly that had a 4 3/4" rise, and it was not good. They didn't hurt that much, but I did not walk well in them after 2 or 3 hours, due to muscular fatigue.

My favorite style of shoe is open toed mules--well over half of my 50-60 pairs are of this style. However, the question didn't ask this, so I'm going to put down my Nine West Plantera platform loafer style pumps, which largely sat on the shelf for over a year while I worked my way up to them. Today, I can wear them easily wherever I like, for as long as I like. I have two pair, in fact, one black and one tan. So here are the stats:

Style: High cut platform pump (loafer style)

Platform ht.:  1 1/4"

Heel ht.:   5 1/2"

Net rise:  4 1/4"

Shoe size:  US women 8.5-9, Euro 39-40

IMG_7430.JPG

IMG_6926.jpg

• Like 3

• 5 weeks later...

I thought I would place this story from today's shopping here.

I went heel shopping today, normal once a month activity to see what new in the local stores, tried one on in one store but didn't fit.  Then went next door to another store. I asked to look at the their highest heels. At first they looked at me funny, then they saw I had high heels on, their next question was, what size. The SA went around showing me their highest pairs. None high enough for my needs. As I was exiting the small store the SA and I chatted a while (empty store and it was getting ready to rain). She loves high heels and liked how high mine where. She was complaining that women are wimps and give up to easily with the higher heels.  They can't sell heels as high as I want, not enough of a market. I never had a woman call other women wimps over heels.  

• Like 1

On 5/8/2017 at 7:36 PM, AlexC94 said:

I once wore my black pleaser boots for at best 12 hours.

6 inch stiletto heel, and I'm a size uk7 although the boots are an 8.

IMG_20151111_124130.jpg

Oooh those are hot

I can wear a 5" heel but as I've gotten older a 4" is a lot more comfortable.

GEDC1336.jpg.982def8b72f7607a0e93186ba71924d2.jpg

I recently got a pair of crotch high boots that were sold as having a 5" heel but I have had trouble comfortably walking in them so the other day I measured the heel and found out it was 5 3/4" and that 3/4" makes a lot of difference.:shocked:  I can walk in them but I have to keep reminding myself to straighten my knee. 

GEDC0848.jpg.9e1ca48b9c642f5b59f9ee127bda30df.jpg

These boots aren't for out and about wear so looking awkward at home is tolerable.

GEDC1096.jpg.9b838009f2e76b044206dc9b41a6d1b8.jpg

• Like 1

I dream of a world where chickens can cross roads without having their motives questioned.

All,Style: (Stiletto pump, block pump, wedge, bootie, ...)

Rise:   5 inches   Issa Bakers pumps

Platform ht.:  _2 inches__

Heel ht.:   8.5 inches___various Pleaser platform sandals593b5cd207ace_Issapumps.jpg.76852641b79828acbb43efb22290bc04.jpg

Net rise:  _5 inches__

Shoe size:  _10-11__  (

AS to length of wear I have worn a few pumps for up to 6 hours, some boots with stiletto heels up to 8 hours and some of my wedges all day from 8AM to bedtime at 11PM.  The ISSA pumps pictures were last worn publicly paired with linen pants and a pastel blouse to a restaurant with some some friends in Chicago. A few  oohs and aahs from admirers of the height!  The height makes up for the common colour.  HappyinHeels

• Like 1

On ‎09‎/‎06‎/‎2017 at 2:27 AM, Cali said:

I thought I would place this story from today's shopping here.

I went heel shopping today, normal once a month activity to see what new in the local stores, tried one on in one store but didn't fit.  Then went next door to another store. I asked to look at the their highest heels. At first they looked at me funny, then they saw I had high heels on, their next question was, what size. The SA went around showing me their highest pairs. None high enough for my needs. As I was exiting the small store the SA and I chatted a while (empty store and it was getting ready to rain). She loves high heels and liked how high mine where. She was complaining that women are wimps and give up to easily with the higher heels.  They can't sell heels as high as I want, not enough of a market. I never had a woman call other women wimps over heels.  

Great story!

That's one of my thoughts as well - that I wear heels (ok, at home...) whereas my wife says she cant anymore - I  certainly don't want to be more femme than her :cheeky:

These days, I never go higher than four inches, and even then, it's the stable Payless "Sinclair" platform wedge sandals or "O'Malley" platform wedge slides. Like Thighbootguy, I'm getting up in years at 58, and given all the walking and standing I do on my outings, comfort is vital because of all the time spent on my feet. Other than those sandals, I never go over three inches, and I'm perfectly fine with that, in some ways, I prefer lower heel heights.

I don't want to LOOK like a woman, I just want to DRESS like a woman!

5 hours ago, JeffB said:

I'm getting up in years at 58

1 hour ago, Cali said:

I'm in my 60's.

Huumph... Young wipper snappers thinking there old.  Why, I remember back when...... :penitent:

• Like 1

I can wear 4" stiletto boots all day, US women's size 11.  I can wear most 5" heels as well, just not for such great distances.  Really want to find a great pair of 6" boots so I can master them...

3 hours ago, pebblesf said:

Really want to find a great pair of 6" boots so I can master them...

Be careful of what you wish for.  Assuming there is no platform, there is a BIG (as in HUGE) difference between a 5" heel and a 6" heel.  If your ankle is that flexible, good for you, but if it isn't, you can do some damage to yourself.  Step carefully.

Style: stiletto pump

Rise:  

Platform ht.: 0 inch

Heel ht.:   6 inch

Net rise:  6 inch

Shoe size:  EU 41/42 in most shoes. Being higher these are 41.

Pics (excuse quality - just ran into bathroom for hard surface to stand on!)

20170612_201345_2.jpg

img63.jpg

img64.jpg

• Like 4

On 05/05/2017 at 1:33 AM, CAT said:

My usual time out in heels is 5-7 hours  with no problem image.thumb.jpeg.f99cc75c41a38b7f8df5b2eb1a6bb039.jpeg 

As a new to this site, I wonder, can I make my self a all time fav gallery? Like this photo by you Cat -- have these magnifcent heels in my own "Oldmans Top Higheel gallery".

• Like 1

On 6/12/2017 at 3:59 AM, nzfreestyler said:

Style: stiletto pump

Rise:  

Platform ht.: 0 inch

Heel ht.:   6 inch

Net rise:  6 inch

Shoe size:  EU 41/42 in most shoes. Being higher these are 41.

Pics (excuse quality - just ran into bathroom for hard surface to stand on!)

20170612_201345_2.jpg

img63.jpg

img64.jpg

The shoes you are wearing are fantastic!!!

14 minutes ago, CAT said:

Just set up an album and load the pics.   You need to keep the file size small for it to load.  

Done that.

Please advice me. Is all these photos relevant?? Should I give more text??

If not, I will remove asap. 

I included some "who is this" because I feel these are members of hhplace. If not appropriate to do so, I will remove these promptly

(these photos were floating all over internett with no identification)

Hi Cat,

thanks!

they're not that great on my scale because I prefer shoes I wear for longer periods. These are more shoes for a short event and not much on my feet!

I have the same shoe an inch lower and thats a really fantastic shoe for me to wear!