Wittner shopping

First off! I don't know what got into me today!! I usually just buy my shoes online and browse on local classified sites but today I finally trotted right into a Wittner outlet. I'm a bit shy but I'm still stunned at how calm and cool I was when I was walking down the isle browsing beautiful shoes. The store assistant/s were very polite and welcoming! Don't know if it was genuine or ridicule. But I felt so at home trying on a few pairs. I still couldn't believe myself that I was actually doing it! All the other women didn't even seem to notice me/act like I was there at all. I ended up buying a pair of knee high boots on a 20% discount. ($80)!!  The style name is Natalia. Fit beautifully, size 42. 

It also seems as though Most of the shoes in the store look better than the stock photos they have on the website. Even the shoes themselves! They've got more in the store than online. So my next trip is to visit Tony Bianco and Nine West. 

• Like 2

55 minutes ago, Bionicci said:

Don't know if it was genuine or ridicule.

You were a customer and sales folks do not ridicule customers and retain their employment.

56 minutes ago, Bionicci said:

I still couldn't believe myself that I was actually doing it! All the other women didn't even seem to notice me/act like I was there at all.

Hard to believe what many other folks have been posting for a long time is really true...but then it's on the web so it has to be true. :penitent:

58 minutes ago, Bionicci said:

I ended up buying a pair of knee high boots

And I'm sure the sales staff appreciated it.  Some pictures would be appropriate. :camera:

If you have really been bitten by the shoe bug, trying on shoes in a shoe store is really a fun experience.  If it wasn't, there wouldn't be so many shoe stores.  Since the Wittner outlet folks treated you so well, and had shoes you liked, pay them a visit again and this time you can do it without reservations.

:wavey:

I dream of a world where chickens can cross roads without having their motives questioned.

It is pretty amazing, isn't it?

As a crossdresser going out en femme, I felt so self conscious at first, then more experienced peers confirmed: Hardly anyone really cares what you look like, and yes, salespeople are happy to make a sale to anyone.

Bionicci you have just discovered a secret "trying on shoes in a shoe store is really fun."  Please don't tell anyone. SSSHHHHHHHH!!!!!!!!!!!

Women's shoes come and go fast, so at least once a month I try to walk through my favorite shoe stores and see if I want to try anything on. Sometimes I have no intentions of ever buying the shoe, but I just have to try them on and walk in them. Last week I visited a mall and went through a large Macy's. Nordstrom, and 6 independent shoe store.  Only saw two pairs of heels I wanted to try on, and tried them both on. Both didn't fit right.  But still had fun.

Just remember to keep it quite that shoe shopping is fun.

Edited by Cali

17 hours ago, Thighbootguy said:

You were a customer and sales folks do not ridicule customers and retain their employment.

Hard to believe what many other folks have been posting for a long time is really true...but then it's on the web so it has to be true. :penitent:

And I'm sure the sales staff appreciated it.  Some pictures would be appropriate. :camera:

If you have really been bitten by the shoe bug, trying on shoes in a shoe store is really a fun experience.  If it wasn't, there wouldn't be so many shoe stores.  Since the Wittner outlet folks treated you so well, and had shoes you liked, pay them a visit again and this time you can do it without reservations.

:wavey:

I'll add pics soon, I'm going to try another brand 

• Like 1

On 5/2/2017 at 11:32 PM, Bionicci said:

I finally trotted right into a Wittner outlet

The store assistant/s were very polite and welcoming! Don't know if it was genuine or ridicule. But I felt so at home trying on a few pairs. I still couldn't believe myself that I was actually doing it! All the other women didn't even seem to notice me/act like I was there at all. I ended up buying a pair of knee high boots on a 20% discount. ($80)!!  The style name is Natalia. Fit beautifully, size 42. 

It also seems as though Most of the shoes in the store look better than the stock photos they have on the website. Even the shoes themselves! They've got more in the store than online. So my next trip is to visit Tony Bianco and Nine West. 

WITTNER have great staff ive always found. Which outlet store were you at? I have NEVER had an issue, and yes WITTNER make great shoes and boots. The thing I find in store is the intoxicating smell and feel of genuine leather. You cant get that over the web !

I spent 45 mins in the WITTNER George Street store yesterday.

Tony Bianco this season seem to be running smaller and only go to 10.

Nine West on the other hand have a few 11s this season but also their 10s seem to be a bit roomier. 

Again I have never had an issue with either of these stores when I go in

Regards

James

On ‎02‎/‎05‎/‎2017 at 4:32 PM, Bionicci said:

First off! I don't know what got into me today!! I usually just buy my shoes online and browse on local classified sites but today I finally trotted right into a Wittner outlet. I'm a bit shy but I'm still stunned at how calm and cool I was when I was walking down the isle browsing beautiful shoes. The store assistant/s were very polite and welcoming! Don't know if it was genuine or ridicule. But I felt so at home trying on a few pairs. I still couldn't believe myself that I was actually doing it! All the other women didn't even seem to notice me/act like I was there at all. I ended up buying a pair of knee high boots on a 20% discount. ($80)!!  The style name is Natalia. Fit beautifully, size 42. 

That's great, @Bionicci - good for you!!!
Looking forward to seeing them!

21 hours ago, Sydheel said:

WITTNER have great staff ive always found. Which outlet store were you at? I have NEVER had an issue, and yes WITTNER make great shoes and boots. The thing I find in store is the intoxicating smell and feel of genuine leather. You cant get that over the web !

I spent 45 mins in the WITTNER George Street store yesterday.

Tony Bianco this season seem to be running smaller and only go to 10.

Nine West on the other hand have a few 11s this season but also their 10s seem to be a bit roomier. 

Again I have never had an issue with either of these stores when I go in

I'm in Melbourne, the store at South Wharf DFO. Tony Bianco seem to run a bit small for me. Same thing with Nine West as well. 

All Wittner 42s are perfect although some pull on type boots are a bit tight when taking them off! I even found some 41s that fit well. And one pair in size 40!!! 

IMG_0040.JPG

• Like 2

It's interesting how you would expect pointed toe shoes to be tight/snug and almond shaped shoes to be perfect. I was actually surprised at this particular pair when one of the store assistants told me to try on a 40. They fit snuggly but ended getting help taking them off like they were glued to my ankle. The shoe part was okay it's just the ankle part seemed tight. I ended up getting these in 42 for comfort sake. I can even wear them with really thick socks(breaking them in specially the ankle part)

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Bionicci said:

I'm in Melbourne, the store at South Wharf DFO. Tony Bianco seem to run a bit small for me. Same thing with Nine West as well. 

All Wittner 42s are perfect although some pull on type boots are a bit tight when taking them off! I even found some 41s that fit well. And one pair in size 40!!! 

South Wharf DFO has some good places. I like it as each time in in Melb I generally stay at Southbank, so its 12 mins walk.

Ive found the Wittner store there a bit small, yet has some OK bargains. The Nine West store frequently has a bunch of 11s out back. and I fit some 10s. 9W dont put 11s on display for some reason. There is also a DSW (??) that Ive had good fortune at picking up 2 pairs of Clarks top quality leather boots at great prices from there. There is a RMK which I find can vary hugely size wise between styles. All up from memory there are about 8-10 good shoe stores to check out.

Next time we might meet up

I agree with Wittner 42's. For some reason (maybe my ankle doesnt bend enough) I have always struggled with the pull on versions. yet zip ones are great

Regards

James

On 07/05/2017 at 5:16 PM, jeremy1986 said:

wow - they look stunning!!!
How high are they?

They're 12cm high but somehow feel shorter, probably because of the arc!!

• Like 1

• 1 month later...