Glue?

Cali

These pair of Steve Madden Lace-up wedges have been worn a lot by me.  Very comfortable.  But as you can see in the photo this pad came up.

Whats the best glue to use to glue it back down?

Thanks in advance.

Cali

fixme.JPG

For that sort of thing, I have found that contact cement works the best. Super glue typically doesn't last very long, but it also might work in this case. I am not sure how much experience you have with contact cement, but even if you already know the drill, I will go ahead and explain it for the benefit of others who may not know.

Contact cement is great stuff if you need to stick two things together where extended clamping might be difficult, and if you can easily separate and access both objects you're trying to glue. Basically, what you do is coat both mating surfaces with a thin coat of cement (it's very, very strong smelling, so do in a well ventilated area), wait for it to set up (about 30 minutes), then stick the two together. It will bond instantly. The cement sticks to itself like crazy, but won't stick to anything else once it is set up.

The only caveat is that once the two cemented surfaces come in contact with each other, little if any adjustment is possible, so make darn sure you've got it placed like you want. I would recommend putting a small piece of cardstock or paper in between the two surfaces while you're stretching that pad back into its original shape and position, because the glue will not stick to the paper at all, you can futz with it all you want. Then, when you've got it like you want it, slide the paper out (or have an assistant do it if you need 3 hands), and stick it down.

Good luck!

• Like 3