Just curious what other men paint their toes.

Stoney3057

• 2 months later...

It's Christmas time, so what better that a nice redish color?  I normally don't go this "bold" but hey, tis the season....  I am wearing my VanEli Melea sandals, wonderful shoes, fun to wear...

Take care all....   Merry Christmas...   sf

IMG_8011.jpg

• Like 2

"Why should girls have all the fun!!"

• 2 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...

People DO notice - Sometimes..  The weather out here in California is getting warmer and there have been days when sandals are more appropriate (comfy) than clogs or pumps.  Since I like having my feet look nice, especially when wearing sandals, I painted my toes a light blue (For you purists, China Glaze "Secret Peri-Wink-Le) shade.  I normally paint my toes with a clear coat or some other color that is more neutral and less noticeable, this blue shade was plainly noticeable and not my usual style.  Once I had it on, I liked the look, and off I went - in sandals of course.  

Yesterday while out running errands, I had a total of three folks - all gals - not sure what that means; not only notice but compliment me on my painted toenails.  One lady said the look was "really nice, that more guys should do it," and another lady asked if by chance my granddaughters may have painted my nails, since they have done that to her husband in the past.  I told her no, the painting was my decision alone, she told me that it looked good.  The third gal simply said that she liked my pedicure.  

Three compliments in one day, now that has never happened before and I kinda liked it!!  I will probably go back to the more muted / neutral colors but for now the "secret" stays!!  ha ha

Have fun all......   sf

Oh, here's a pic for proof......   

IMG_8525.jpg

• Like 2

SF,

I just have to laugh when I realize I went the first 50 years without scant mention or attention to anything I wore. The last 7 years I have witnessed a number of compliments on heels I was wearing or nail polish and I see others here saying the same. The contrast is interesting and even more it is appreciated by me and I think anyone receiving such a compliment. We're all just trying to express ourselves and enjoy the journey while we can. HappyinHeels

• Like 1

SF, periwinkle is one of my favorite colors, Currently my toes have an OPI Can't Find My Czechbook, but also like my ILNP periwinkle holographic. Once you get use to wearing and SHOWING color, its like you don't even think about it anymore. Hope you can get there.

I get comments all the time on my shoes, toes, and fingernails.  Below is my typical run errands look and an up-close look at my toes.

CloseToe.JPG

Errandlook.JPG

Cali,

Wasn't sure where to put this but then again you are all over this site. Now I have a medium rose color nail polish on my toes. Was looking at your gallery photos and noticed your have two of the exact same styles I have: SM Gretchen and SL98Manji. I managed to get the SLManji in cognac and black as well. That is one high and sassy heel for sure and surprisingly comfortable. I do like your style!  HappyinHeels

• Like 1

Hi Happy,

I have a large array of heels that I wear and also like to get all my nails colored...so I am into a lot of threads.

I had to have the SM Gretchens.  Just love the style height and chunky style. They were too tight for my toe box when I got them. So I put shoe stretches into them and slowly expanded the toe box. Only worn them once or twice to work so far. That's why I got the Freebird Canti, I can adjust the toe box (even more with my hole punch). Again another chunky retro look.

The SL98Manji I saw at my boutique, tried them on and loved the height. And surprisingly comfortable. worn them about 4-5 times to work.

• 2 years later...

I can finally post to this topic.  After me not asking wife if I can paint my toenails for some time, she offered right before Christmas.  So far we are both enjoying.   
I was thinking a light blue, but she insisted on red for Christmas.   Talk about go big or go home. 

• Like 5

I had been doing mine with basic colors but last week i bought some silver glitter overlays to go over the french tips on my finger nails. I had some left over so I tried overlaying the Pacific Blue polish I had on my toes. It turned out pretty nice, kinda like a holo effect...

• 5 weeks later...
On 4/21/2017 at 5:10 PM, Cali said:

I had a man with his girlfriend once ask me why I had heels on...I told him.  He then asked why I painted my toenails.  I told him "to blow your mind, is it working?"  He said "Yes."  We all laughed.

I love this attitude, and I’m sure it’s like having a “Your Name” tattoo on my ass.

It wins over many folk and messes with their brains. This thread is making me want to get a pedicure when lockdown eases and get gel clear coat applied. Think this will be enough for now, then go for colours when I’m ready.

This forum is amazing, thought changing!!!

• Like 2

@VirginHeels most people don't get gel on there toes. It's too hard to remove it.

I've done my toes 6 times myself since March 2020 but was able to get two pedicures since November. See if I can sneak one in soon.

I've been getting my toes painted for over a decade. I'm diabetic and my hand can't do many things, so foot care which includes getting a pedicure is important part on my health plan. Getting colors on my toes is just a fun added bonus. 

I wear many open toes heels, so having good looking toes is very important!  Open toe heels and disgusting looking toes is not a good look. And certainly does nothing to promote men in heels.

Edited by Cali
  • Like 1

@Cali That is exactly what I was thinking, and as someone who now has Diabetes in my bloodline I’m going to have to take things like this seriously shortly, especially since I’ve addressed my weight issue, and will continue to do so now as a lifestyle to keep it as low as possible.

Not gonna lie, since someone else said don’t rule out any style of heel, you may just like it in the future. That said having a pair of open toe pumps or something more strappy for Summer will need my feet looking good.

Might just get a clear coat put on them, make my toes look damn good!!!

Thanks again!!!

• Like 2

I've been getting pedi's for years. I don't get gel on my toes, just acrylics which as Cali said is much easier to remove. I get clear gel mani's with colors or artwork on my little pinkies in acrylic. As far as my toes go it's mostly reds and fuchsia for October and Breast Cancer Awareness month, Since  I wear a lot of sandals in the summer I like the look of my colored toes. I get lots of compliments from the ladies and sometimes men too, on my pedi's. Sometimes my wife and I will get the same color.

Happy Heeling,

bluejay

• Like 1

Thanks!!!

Damn, sounds better the more I read. It’s as if it just completes the look to go with heels!!!

Im looking at nail polish colours now, more holographic ones that look amazing, I also like the clear with a touch of glitter in them.

One question, how often do you get them? Once a month, by monthly??

Pre-pandemic about every 2 - 3 weeks, but I had a very inexpensive set-up. Now its more like "are they open, can I get in." I'll see what happens post pandemic.  My toes are currently holographic blue, but I need a pedicure when they re-open. Many of my doctors like them.

• Like 3

I get a monthly pedi during warm weather months. In the winter my toes are not on display so it's usually  longer. I need one now, but I'm waiting a while yet. As far as mani's go about once a month except some times I go to get an update on my little pinkies when I want to change the look. Sometimes I do the work on my little pinkies myself and when I want a real professional job, go to the salon where my gal is a fantastic artist.

Happy Heeling,

bluejay

• Like 1

I’ve commented here before but several years ago, seems like there is renewed interest. I get pro manis/pedis, nominally once per month. I started about 10 years ago, primarily to help preserve my easily split and broken nails. I now wear clear gel on my hands 100% of the time, I might try color there in the future. My toes get “regular” polish, color almost 100% of the time. I’m under doctor’s strong recommendation to wear sandals or open toe shoes as much as possible, so in warmer months my toes are on display. Incidentally, the aforementioned doc, a woman podiatrist, also suggested, thus putting me onto color on toes, and I liked it.

This time of year, with feet mostly in warmer closed shoes, I give my nail tech “dealer’s choice” for color(s). Right now I’m wearing a dark blue/silver combo, my next mani/pedi is next week and I’m kinda curious what she will come up with.

Men wearing colored polish on both hands and feet seems to be a fast-growing trend. There are several groups on the Flickr photo-sharing site related to men wearing polish, and at least two Reddit “subs” for the same - the Reddit “malepolish” sub is now rapidly approaching 50k subscribers.

Edited by Logjam
  • Like 2

I too have fingernail where the nail is crack from the root, so gels are very important to keeping my nails together. I had mani every two weeks with color with a nail artist who could do everything, gel, art, chromes,  etc.  She would come in with new stuff all the time.  When the pandemic shut the shop down she decided to move back to her home town. With the limited opening and closing during the pandemic I haven't found a new artist as good as her, so no professional mani since Feb. 2020.  I did my fingers a few times, but it hard on my hands.

• Like 2

Manicure mostly includes the shaping of the nail and cuticle clean up on your finger nails, even hand message. It usually comes with a polish.  Then I go a little extra with art. I never heard of a French polish. So I just asked uncle google about this

"What is the difference between a manicure and a french polish" and here what he had to say.

Those booking a French polish will see their nails varnished in the expected 'French' way, but will receive minimal additional hand or nail pampering. French polishes are often less expensive than French manicures for this reason and are a great choice for those with hands and nails that are already in great condition.

I would call a French polish just a color change.

I always thought French polish was a means of finishing wood, using shellac dissolved in methylated spirits. French polishing also has another meaning quite unsuitable for HHP.

• Haha 1

French Polish that's a new one on me. It's not even listed in the salon I go to. They do have just "color change", which is about  half price of a regular mani Next time I'm in the salon, I'll have to ask the owner if he knows about the term "French Polish".

Happy Heeling,

bluejay

• 7 months later...

The wife and I were in Las Vegas last month and got pedicures at the Caesars Spa.  Was nice.  The techs there do a great job, we both got matching color, OPI "Show Us Your Tips" blue/purple.  My (our) feet look nice, and no one has ever said anything about me having a pedicure with color.  

I have always thought, if you are going to wear sandals (guys or gals) in public, your feet should look nice.....   Have fun...  sf

• Like 1

• 6 months later...

I was looking at some old pictures and surprisingly I began to paint my toes with color about 10 years ago.  How time flies.  I stared out with very neutral colors on one toe to "test the waters."  Pretty much the only person who commented or seemed to notice was my wife.  We have gotten pedicures together many times but I had always went with a clear coat.  When the colors showed up, she was surprised but accepting.  

The past 8 years I have pretty much had some color on my toes all the time.  The wife is OK with it, my daughters roll their eyes and laugh, the grandkids call me "silly," and I have actually gotten a few compliments.  With time it has become the norm that I paint my toes, no big deal.   

For colors, I prefer pinks, blues, purples and beige colors.  Never tried red or other really bright colors, well I did once, really did not like the look, way to flashy.  I just want my feet to look nice, the wife call my feet "girls feet."  I wear sandals most all the time - heels and flats - and my mantra is, "If you are going to wear sandals, your feet should look nice!"  

Conclusion, if you are hesitant to paint your toes, give it a try, it may work for you.  No one will really care, if they do it won't be an issue after the first time.  That has been my experience.  

There is hope, I have seem more guys with painted toes (full disclosure, albeit not many), but never, never  have I seen another guy in heels, so the odds are with us !!  

Have fun.....   sf

• Like 1

I like my red color on my toes. I have no problem with that at all. I do get compliments on my pedi's by both women and men. The bright pink is only for October "Breast Cancer Awareness Month"

Happy Heeling,

bluejay

• Like 1

I’ve commented previously but haven’t been on hhplace for a while. I now wear color on my toes almost 100% of the time, and wear openly in warmer months. I had experimented briefly a number of years ago, then about 8 or so years ago, a woman podiatrist told me that I should wear sandals or open toe footwear as much as possible for my Morton’s toe condition. She also strongly recommended regular pedis, and actually suggested wearing color (that was a big surprise to me, coming from a medical professional!) I’ve been wearing pretty much nonstop since. Side note, I just started experimenting with a bit of foot jewelry.

My biggest takeaway - while my dear wife is still ambivalent about the practice, I’ve been pleasantly amazed by the number of comments and compliments I’ve heard from women. Of all ages. And a few random compliments from men.

• Like 1

I started to get pedicures over a dozen years ago when I started to have problems with my thumb. Only clear polish back then.  One day I was persuaded to try a tint. That was the start of the "down fall" into color. 🤣  Then for years it was OPI Kyoto Pearl,  a whitish pearl.  All the time in open toe shoes. I now wear color with designs, each time different. Today I have an egg shell blue with a blue sparkle shimmer on top and purple dots.  (Think Easter egg.)

I have diabetes so foot care is very important.  And my podiatrist loves my nail color.  I get compliments from both women and men.  I really think there is a growing group of men that want to have their toes painted.

• Like 2