Just curious what other men paint their toes.

Stoney3057

• 3 weeks later...

Cali,

Thanks for the colour play-by-play! Triple thanks for buying products made here in the United States. So, did you wear the periwinkle to the classroom?? Did it match your shoes or toes?? I have to wonder about the beach walk. Did you actually go in the water since it never gets warmer than 60F/15.5C?? I thought Lake Michigan was cold until I experienced Monterey Bay in June. Yikes!  Lots of "bay watchers" and not many bay swimmers :).   HappyinHeels

11 minutes ago, HappyinHeels said:

Cali,

Thanks for the colour play-by-play! Triple thanks for buying products made here in the United States. So, did you wear the periwinkle to the classroom?? Did it match your shoes or toes?? I have to wonder about the beach walk. Did you actually go in the water since it never gets warmer than 60F/15.5C?? I thought Lake Michigan was cold until I experienced Monterey Bay in June. Yikes!  Lots of "bay watchers" and not many bay swimmers :).   HappyinHeels

The Junior Lifeguards were using the water, and I just had shorts on, so only went up to my knees.

Semester break.  You don't know what cold is until you swim in a mountain lake at 9000 ft. with snow still melting into it

21 minutes ago, nzfreestyler said:

Very proper.  Darker on the toes than the fingernails!  Or is that just the lighting ? I do like your fingernail colour - more a sky blue which is one of my favourite colours.

Toes are ILNP Peace

Fingers are ILNP Wallflower

But both are color shifting.

On 6/10/2017 at 6:08 PM, Cali said:

Name the color and brand Stoney.

I just had ILNP "Peace" applied on Thursday.

Here's a link to the color:

http://www.ilnp.com/peace.html

And here's the color. I try to get a picture tomorrow.

peace2.jpg

FYI HappinHeels, this polish is made in the USA .HappyinHeelsHapp

Revlon colorstay gel envy #415 what happens in Vegas. 

Cali so what do you think of the ILNP? Was I right about photos don't do it justice? 

• 2 weeks later...

I get pedicures and I always get gels done with a clearcoat.  I've always wanted to try getting them done in black or blue but haven't had the courage, especially in the summer when I wear flip-flops often (and because I have very judgmental in-laws).

No one has ever noticed my toes with the clear gels - they just look clean and well-taken care of.

On 6/14/2017 at 7:09 AM, Stoney3057 said:

Cali so what do you think of the ILNP? Was I right about photos don't do it justice? 

I have used 4 of the 5 colors I got from ILNP and I love them. My regular pedicurist wants to use them on top of some pastel color, while her friends thinks I should go black with a holographic on top to make it pop. With my regular pedicurist is leaving in August :( . However, last week when she told me she was leaving, several asked if they be my next regular pedicurist :) . I push the limit more than most people and they enjoy the unique concepts and challenges I come in with. I like nail polish so much that I started an album of my nail color, mostly toes now. Compare the picture last night in wedges to the picture in the album same toes (pedicure), but the colors are so different.  I just love these new colors and possibilities.

3 hours ago, Rockbass19 said:

I get pedicures and I always get gels done with a clearcoat.

This was me 8 years ago, except there was no gels back then. The next step was a tint, rose tint. One day I went iridescent and swore my allegiance to OPI Kyoto Pearl for years. Still do it once in a while, but now I only avoid reds and pinks. Just not my color.

But I am also at this stage with my finger nails. I currently get Gelish Izzy Wizzy Let's Get Busy, a clear with sparkles. some angles its blue, other purple, and even others clear. I know in the next 3 or so years I will be sporty very colorful nail color on my fingers. I'm doing color for a day or two at time now, so I know it's just me getting comfortable with it.

Edited by Cali

• 2 weeks later...

I've started applying a clear coat to my finger nails.  I can not wear color polish since I have kids, and work in a professional environment.  Also, there is the fact what I do must get my wife's approval first. I know this is very tame compared to those wonderful colors some of you have shown,

Just recently bought a black metallic with flecks of purple, pinks, blues and greens in it. Will try to get a picture of the finished toenails with the appropriate heels to go with them. It looked great on the sample stripe I did on my thumbnail. Lets hope a pair or heels will really make it look nice.

Yes wear polish on them most of the time. Usually, blues greens, dark colours. Often wear flip flps in the summer so they are visible in public. I also wear polish on my fingers so obviously they are on show as you can't hide your fingers. People have commented in a positive way one lady in starbucks used to look forward to be coming in to see what that weeks colour was.

Ive had random strangers ask me why I do it and say they admire the fact I'm doing what I want.

Addicted to the click

On 7/22/2017 at 3:53 PM, HeeledSteve said:

Ive had random strangers ask me why I do it and say they admire the fact I'm doing what I want.

I sometimes say "to mess with your mind. is it working?" Other times I respond with "because I like it" or "I can"

Bobbi there so many more colors than red. Mix and match experiment. The important thing is to have fun. Here I have experimented with the base, one is black, one is pearl. I like both.

hhice3hh.JPG

HoloBlack04hh.JPG

Hi Cali,

True, but red is my favorite color.  I do like black, though.  Maybe I will try that next time.  Or maybe something like cobalt blue.

I like the way your experiments turned out.

I use to paint my toenails red in the 80' and 90's. But I'm not painting my nails to look like a women from the 60's or 70's, so I stopped painting them red. Now I paint (or get them painted) for an extended expression of me. I wish I had the time (and funds) to change them more frequently. I have so many different things I want to do and so few canvases to use. 

Painting my finger and toe nails allows me to mess with people's pre-conceived notions. I like it when I'm asked what I'm wearing because they want to wear that color as well.

• Like 1

• 4 weeks later...

It nice, but in some sense a waste of the ILNP by hiding so much.

I been playing with INLP by putting a color base with the thin ILNP on top.

I have 5 ILNP and my pedicurist has 5 others

• Like 1

I agree Cali, but this was just a trial run. I just got it in the mail and wanted to see how it would work. To be honest I think a darker color will work better for the white. I have a foil and black on the way.

I don't think its the color, but hiding the color-shifting polish. There not enough polish to really see the color shift.  I think the white would look good with many polishes, but you want the ILNP to be the star, not the cameo appearance.

Edited by Cali

Cali look up Bikini Bottom on INLP. It's not a color shifting polish, but it is made by them. If you look at my first picture my big toe is that color, it is a mix between a pink, purple, and red with some glitter.

Good. But it's holographic! Why hide it. 

"Bikini Bottoms is a wonderfully vivid magenta pink holographic polish with a delicious blue hue that is sure to please!" --  ILNP

http://www.ilnp.com/bikini-bottoms.html

I just learned that you can mix gel and regular polish. I had to go to an event where my fingernail polish would distract from the event. So after I had my base gel, my color gel (Izzy wizzy let's get busy) and my gloss top coat, she put a regular matte finish on. So after the event I could use regular nail polish and remove the matte finish easily and get back my normal nails.

So at my next pedi I plan to sandwich a holographic between a base gel and a glossy top coat gel.

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...