Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
Stoney3057

Hello from North Carolina

Question

How to upload a photo? I have a Flikr account can I upload photos from there and how?

2 answers to this question

Once you open the test editor as you did for this post, there is an area at the bottom of the editor for uploading files that looks like this:

5841bd0436c1f_filearea.PNG.efe7719a0a547f31e43b4bf154b91323.PNG   <--File upload area

If the image file is on your system you can drag it onto this area and it will be uploaded to your attachments and a thumbnail will appear at the bottom of the editor.  It is best to only upload small images as a courtesy to folks having to download and display them.  I use a resolution no higher than 92 dpi and an image height of 7" which generates a file in the 30M range.  If the picture is on the internet you can insert it by clicking on the "Insert other media" button at the lower right of the editor area and select "Insert Image from URL".

:wavey:

19 minutes ago, Stoney3057 said:

Ok I think I getting to understand how to post pictures. Just wish I could share my pictures from Flikr. 

I don't have any images on Flikr, but try clicking the "Insert other media" button at the bottom of this editor and selecting "Insert image from URL" and pasting in the Flikr image's URL.  If the image isn't protected (password) it should display.  I repeat I've no experience with Flikr.

The reason uploaded images are encouraged is that is maintains the integrity of the thread, which would be lost if the Flikr image was subsequently deleted.

:wavey:

1 person likes this