Wild about Wedges

Cali

Tall and very sexy! Have only one pair of wedges that high, a pair made for me by Karos Shoes of Los Angeles which I posted on 01 Mar 2019 in the "who has bought new shoes" section. They are exactly 7" or about 19.6cm high. Have only worn them in public three times but more often in private homes. They look very fun indeed. 😃

• Like 1

I actually bought these sandals more than six months ago, but I haven't worn them out in public until now. The brand is Mark & James, model Rosana. I don't know who these Mark and James cats are, but evidently they designed these shoes. They have a 5 1/2" heel with a 1 1/2" platform, with the dreaded leather sole glued to its bottom. I have worn these shoes to church and to grocery shopping. And maybe someplace else that I forget. At any rate, I had them on for several hours, and I can honestly say that they are quite comfortable. Whether they are flattering is quite another question. Frankly, they are pushing my limit as to how much is too much. They are way more huge and clunky in person than they look in pictures, even the ones I have posted here. I don't think it's a particularly good look for a small guy like me. Also, I sure wouldn't want to walk on gravel in these. They are quite stable right up until the moment when you step on something uneven. I suppose that's true of most big platform heels. I probably won't get rid of them just yet, but I'm not at all sure about them. Their one saving grace, besides being comfortable, is that unlike a lot of wedges, I can actually walk in these without feeling like I'm clomping around.

Mark&JamesSide.JPG

Mark&JamesWorn.JPG

• Like 4

Those re fairly extreme.  And they do look rather unstable if on anything but a nice level surface.  Of course, isn't that a part of why we enjoy heels?  :cool:

Edited by RonC

Just got this pair of "SO" wedge heel slide sandals from Kohl's I like the pink color very much. 4-1/2" heels with a 1" platform. I wore them out the other night with a pair of women's white shorts and a women's tank top in a pink color with white tie dye streaks. It was a very feminine look for a guy with the heels, shorts and tank top. Had a few looks while shopping at the Super Market and at Walmart.https://www.kohls.com/product/prd-4248854/so-exciting-open-toe-womens-wedge-sandals.jsp?color=Pink&prdPV=8

Happy Heeling,

bluejay

• Like 2

• 5 months later...
  • 1 month later...

This is my first purchase for the 2021 heeling season . Last year around this time Torrid had the same style out in Blush and Black . Unfortunately , they were sold out of the Black so I decided to go with the Blush . This year they reintroduced them again in Black so I had to snatch another pair . I have both Black and Blush now . These Espadrilles are really comfortable to walk in and they do run a little on the large size . In comparison to the Payless Brash Espadrilles , I had to size down one whole size with the Torrid to a size 11 W from the normal 12 W from Payless . I can wear these all day with no problems . If you have narrow feet , I would recommend against them . Me , I have a firm foundation to put it politely . These have a little wider wedge than most of my other wedges and makes walking a breeze . The ankle tie is long and they stay in place for me , then again mine aren't tied half way up my calf muscle either . 

https://www.torrid.com/product/black-faux-suede-ankle-wrap-espadrille-wedge-ww/12597077.html?cgid=ShoesAccessories_Shoes_Wedges#start=9

These are the next pair on my radar :

https://www.torrid.com/product/white-embroidered-ankle-wrap-espadrille-wedge-ww/14506597.html

Respectfully , MIP

Edited by maninpumps
Still putting 2020 on my dates . LOL
  • Like 3

9 hours ago, maninpumps said:

This is my first purchase for the 2021 heeling season . Last year around this time Torrid had the same style out in Blush and Black . Unfortunately , they were sold out of the Black so I decided to go with the Blush . This year they reintroduced them again in Black so I had to snatch another pair . I have both Black and Blush now . These Espadrilles are really comfortable to walk in and they do run a little on the large size . In comparison to the Payless Brash Espadrilles , I had to size down one whole size with the Torrid to a size 11 W from the normal 12 W from Payless . I can wear these all day with no problems . If you have narrow feet , I would recommend against them . Me , I have a firm foundation to put it politely . These have a little wider wedge than most of my other wedges and makes walking a breeze . The ankle tie is long and they stay in place for me , then again mine aren't tied half way up my calf muscle either . 

https://www.torrid.com/product/black-faux-suede-ankle-wrap-espadrille-wedge-ww/12597077.html?cgid=ShoesAccessories_Shoes_Wedges#start=9

https://www.torrid.com/product/white-embroidered-ankle-wrap-espadrille-wedge-ww/14506597.html

Respectfully , MIP

Congrats on the new wedges. I like the style.  In fact I just bought the identical pair, almost exactly the same,from asos.  Waiting for them to be delivered in a few days...

https://www.asos.com/prd/14024172

• Like 2

On 2/9/2021 at 8:05 AM, maninpumps said:

Respectfully , MIP

I am kind of a sucker for this style (albeit with an open toe), but I have found over the years that I should resist the temptation. I have never had much luck with any of it staying very nice looking for more than a season. The jute part starts to fray, and the canvas part starts to look ratty after surprisingly few wears. Our lousy weather where I'm from does not help matters.

On 2/9/2021 at 8:20 AM, Cali said:

Nice Looking wedges @maninpumps.

I need to replace about 5-6 wedges that are 6 years old and worn out.  

Yes, you do! And when you get around to replacing them, you need to THROW THE OLD ONES AWAY! 🤣🤣🤣

mlroseplant

I understand where you are coming from about these shoes . I have issues like that as well . That's one reason I purchase 2-3 pair when I find a pair I Really like . Then I spray them down with rain guard 2 or 3 times for good coverage . This seems to help quite a lot . If they do get some mud or crud on them let it dry and brush it off with a soft sued cleaning brush . Jute by nature just seems to fall apart anyway . But , ankle tie espadrilles are one of my favorite styles and ....... I like the open toe ones too .  

Edited by maninpumps
  • Thanks 1

20 hours ago, maninpumps said:

mlroseplant

I understand where you are coming from about these shoes . I have issues like that as well . That's one reason I purchase 2-3 pair when I find a pair I Really like . Then I spray them down with rain guard two or 2 times for good coverage . This seems to help quite a lot . If they do get some mud or crud on them let it dry and brush it off with a soft sued cleaning brush . Jute by nature just seems to fall apart anyway . But , ankle tie espadrilles are one of my favorite styles and ....... I like the open toe ones too .  

That's just it. I get it. Some shoes are not meant to last more than one or two seasons. I was simply wondering if your experience was the same as mine in that regard.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, mlroseplant said:

That's just it. I get it. Some shoes are not meant to last more than one or two seasons. I was simply wondering if your experience was the same as mine in that regard.

Yes Sir I do have that issue . It's a little worse with some brands .

• 2 months later...
  • 5 weeks later...

Well , folks more wedges for my collection . My wife told me , I had to many stilettos and to little space ...... can't really argue with that . I have gotten rid of 56 pair since our last "discussion" concerning this issue . Being the Jedi Master she is , I lost . Her big issue was : I wear more wedges than stilettos than pumps these days . So , in a trade , I managed to reduce my stiletto style pumps for some wedge styles I will wear more and save on space .  So , all but , two pair of non wedges remain . She has nothing to complain about anymore . Dodged that light saber . So today two pair of wedges showed up as part of a trade . Needless to say she was about to go Darth Vader on me , then I reminded her of the space we saved per "HER" request . Then everything settled down . 

Moving forward , her are the two style I got in today . They are awesome , can't wait to wear them out clubbing , soon I hope . 

www.torrid.com/product/cognac-faux-leather-gladiator-platform-wedge-ww/14818495.html?cgid=ShoesAccessories_Shoes#promo_id=210503_ShoesA

https://www.torrid.com/product/-ivory-ankle-wrap-espadrille-platform-wedge-ww/14829754.html

I figured it best to post them in "Wild about Wedges" . Seems there is a better following of wedge lovers here than the new shoes group . Come to think of it I may need to change my name from maninpumps to maninwedges . Sorry to be so long winded . Be safe everyone !!!

Edited by maninpumps
  • Like 3

1 hour ago, maninpumps said:

Well , folks more wedges for my collection . My wife told me , I had to many stilettos and to little space ...... can't really argue with that . I have gotten rid of 56 pair since our last "discussion" concerning this issue . Being the Jedi Master she is , I lost . Her big issue was : I wear more wedges than stilettos than pumps these days . So , in a trade , I managed to reduce my stiletto style pumps for some wedge styles I will wear more and save on space .  So , all but , two pair of non wedges remain . She has nothing to complain about anymore . Dodged that light saber . So today two pair of wedges showed up as part of a trade . Needless to say she was about to go Darth Vader on me , then I reminded her of the space we saved per "HER" request . Then everything settled down . 

Glad to help buddy, looking forward to your shoes.

• Like 1

13 hours ago, maninpumps said:

Moving forward , her are the two style I got in today . They are awesome , can't wait to wear them out clubbing , soon I hope . 

www.torrid.com/product/cognac-faux-leather-gladiator-platform-wedge-ww/14818495.html?cgid=ShoesAccessories_Shoes#promo_id=210503_ShoesA

https://www.torrid.com/product/-ivory-ankle-wrap-espadrille-platform-wedge-ww/14829754.html

I figured it best to post them in "Wild about Wedges" . Seems there is a better following of wedge lovers here than the new shoes group . Come to think of it I may need to change my name from maninpumps to maninwedges . Sorry to be so long winded . Be safe everyone !!!

At least your wife still bothers to point out your shortcomings. It just means she loves you! 😆😆😆

• Like 1

5 hours ago, mlroseplant said:

At least your wife still bothers to point out your shortcomings. It just means she loves you! 😆😆😆

That's right and she is well versed in such matters . LOL ! 

On 5/15/2021 at 12:22 AM, maninpumps said:

Liked the crack about your forum username!!

Both those wedges look great, but I especially like the espadrille one. I recently bought a similar pair too, by Raid.  (Unfortunately the quality wasn't amazing... But they refunded the cost and I got to keep the sandals... So I guess I did ok)

Enjoy and do post some snaps if you feel up to it!

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...