Wild about Wedges

Cali

3 hours ago, mlroseplant said:

Being as it's Wedge Wednesday, I guess my choice of footwear is decided, then! I was waffling back and forth between two choices, but now there's one less thing to decide on this incredibly hot and humid summer day.

Don't keep us in suspense!

That's the good side of that leg. Bicycle accident, my bicycle was grabbed by some tree roots.  It's extremely minor and I hope to keep it that way. My real issue now is with an injury to some repaired tendons (reconstructed in 2000) in my foot, they're not responding to physical therapy.

12 hours ago, Cali said:

That's the good side of that leg. Bicycle accident, my bicycle was grabbed by some tree roots.  It's extremely minor and I hope to keep it that way. My real issue now is with an injury to some repaired tendons (reconstructed in 2000) in my foot, they're not responding to physical therapy.

Yikes, Cali! Hope you heal quickly, heal thoroughly.

Logjam

• Like 1

It's not bad, just looks bad. It's mostly scratches and some spots will take time to heal. It certainly doesn't change my foot wear. Too bad it's so hot here that I can't wear my knee high boots to cover it.

• Like 1

As much as I love my heels, I am still not a "public heeler". I stay confined to my home or the car. I just do not have the confidence to do so. Still I appreciate he compliments on my heels and pedi. I do my toes myself and vary in my colors quite often but usually in the purple and pink tones.

• Like 1

23 hours ago, bailey said:

As much as I love my heels, I am still not a "public heeler". I stay confined to my home or the car. I just do not have the confidence to do so. Still I appreciate he compliments on my heels and pedi. I do my toes myself and vary in my colors quite often but usually in the purple and pink tones.

It's sad to be alone with heels.

On 7/21/2019 at 6:42 PM, bailey said:

New wedges...another great deal from a liquidation store. Half price!

20190721_113859-648x1152.jpg

These look great! love them. 

19 hours ago, dagino said:

It's sad to be alone with heels.

yeah, well, that's how it is for some of us :-/

• 1 month later...
  • 3 weeks later...
1 hour ago, JeffB said:

WOW! How high are those heels? Five, six inches?

Yeah, those things are pretty giant. I'd have to see them along with an entire outfit. There is so much real estate on the sides of those shoes that they might wind up completely dominating whatever else you are wearing. They look like they fit very well, however!

15 hours ago, JeffB said:

WOW! How high are those heels? Five, six inches?

Never thought to measure.  I'll have to do that ASAP

14 hours ago, mlroseplant said:

Yeah, those things are pretty giant. I'd have to see them along with an entire outfit. There is so much real estate on the sides of those shoes that they might wind up completely dominating whatever else you are wearing. They look like they fit very well, however!

They do fit well

• 6 months later...

It's been a while since I posted in this thread.  I have been on a stiletto kick for some time.  Still wear my wedges, but just mostly my old beat up Steve Madden mules around the house and to run errands.  So today I was looking for something to wear with my shorts and I decide to dust off these classic gladiator wedges to today work.  I can forget I'm wearing heels in these.

WFHwedgeHH.JPG

• Like 4

Really like those wedges.    Wedge heeled sandals are just the thing for leisure warm weather wearing.  

• Like 1

Being mentally comfortable in your own mind is the key to wearing heels in public.

Thanks Bubba. I like these Charles by Charles David wedges. Have many of them, 3 + years old, but some have de-laminated.  They just do't make heels like these any more

Two women outside the post office gave me the old "How can you walk in those heels?"  I laughed. I talked to them when I came out.

Edited by Cali
  • Like 1

9 hours ago, Cali said:

Thanks Bubba. I like these Charles by Charles David wedges. Have many of them, 3 + years old, but some have de-laminated.  They just do't make heels like these any more

Two women outside the post office gave me the old "How can you walk in those heels?"  I laughed. I talked to them when I came out.

Sharp shoes there! I always find it amusing when women ask how guys like us can walk in heels, as if it's some sort of magic we whipped up!  :giggle:

• Like 2

I don't want to LOOK like a woman, I just want to DRESS like a woman!

14 hours ago, Cali said:

4 hours ago, JeffB said:

Sharp shoes there! I always find it amusing when women ask how guys like us can walk in heels, as if it's some sort of magic we whipped up!  :giggle:

Yeah, I get that all the time, too. And I have just rediscovered the answer--you simply have to pound the pavement, regularly. With shoes that actually fit you, and don't give you blisters and such. But anyway, since the Wedge Thread has resurfaced, I thought I would share my latest pair. It's a very unusual purchase for me, not being a big wedge fan, and particularly wedges these low. I think the thing that got me was the fact that they are thong sandals, and I have a thing for that, and I don't have any in my collection at the moment. And the fact that I own a number of BCBG shoes, and I know they tend to fit me well. I don't know the model name, but I do know that one can zoom around in these things, due to their secure fit and lack of steepness. I have also managed to goof them up in short order, probably zooming around in them inadvisably. I must have scraped them on a step or a curb or something, they didn't come to me that way. Maybe some black permanent marker, or shoe polish, or something will cover that up.

BCBGThongwedgesTop.JPG

BCBGThongwedgesDamage.JPG

Edited by mlroseplant
Spelling error
  • Like 4

16 hours ago, Cali said:

@mlroseplant that looks like rubbing from driving. But sandals like that are great for running errands.

That makes sense, but I am awfully sure I've never driven in these. I think it was a much more sudden an traumatic event. Who knows, maybe a tuba fell on them. That scratching is actually pretty deep, though you can't see it in the photo. I'm not too fussed about it--it's not like I paid a lot of money for them, and it's not like they're super gorgeous or anything.

• Like 1

• 1 month later...

There is something about certain heels which work well for running errands and doing everyday things and the importance of holding onto them as long as possible. Cali understands this as he adores wedges and I do too which is why I have tried to post more photos of me wearing them as I thought they were underrepresented. A pair of heels which works for anyone of us doesn't always to have look gorgeous or sexy or anything since none of us live in Hollywood or Cannes or in a four-star hotel :fine: HinH