Wild about Wedges

Cali

On 7/9/2018 at 5:59 PM, Peter1 said:

As promised ;) maybe the most girliest shoes i own but its confortable and nice looking for staying at home!

Oh hell - - I'd wear those out with some flared jeans. Nobody would notice - - - - OK - not in my neighborhood but when I was elsewhere.

Edited by Tech
Do not quote the actual images themselves.
  • Like 3

Heelster,

What if you could shoot skeet or something cool like that while wearing these?? That might win some converts in your neighborhood. I will say though you would be surprised how many people just don't notice to the point you notice them particularly if you're wearing some type of flared or bootcut jeans.  HappyinHeels

• 4 months later...
On 7/13/2018 at 10:19 AM, HappyinHeels said:

Heelster,

What if you could shoot skeet or something cool like that while wearing these?? That might win some converts in your neighborhood. I will say though you would be surprised how many people just don't notice to the point you notice them particularly if you're wearing some type of flared or bootcut jeans.  HappyinHeels

Sorry about the delay in posting

Doing this in a place where they all have loaded guns - - - Oh hell no !!

I'm all for the 2nd Amendment, But I'm not provoking the crowd.

On 7/13/2018 at 9:19 AM, HappyinHeels said:

Heelster,

Personally I’d go for closed toe heels to shoot skeet.  Protect them from the falling shells :)

Edited by p1ng74

Heelster,

Whilst Ohio has six million more people than Wisconsin I read somewhere our state has the third highest registered hunter population behind Texas and Pennsylvania. I believe that's due to the out-of-state registrants mostly from Illinois, Iowa, and Indiana. No, don't stoke any fires but do try yo enjoy yourself8-) HappyinHeels

I've shot skeet a bunch of times and falling pieces of clay were never an issue because of the distance the clay "pigeon" is launched away from you. Funny thought though. HinH

On 11/19/2018 at 4:16 AM, Mr. X said:

Just got these today! And for less than $10!!

wow, @Mr. X - these are stunning, totally my style too. Love the heel height. Cant wait to see them on your feet!

Edited by Tech
Do not quote the actual images themselves.
  • Like 2

On 11/19/2018 at 8:31 AM, HappyinHeels said:

Heelster,

Whilst Ohio has six million more people than Wisconsin I read somewhere our state has the third highest registered hunter population behind Texas and Pennsylvania. I believe that's due to the out-of-state registrants mostly from Illinois, Iowa, and Indiana. No, don't stoke any fires but do try yo enjoy yourself8-) HappyinHeels

I've shot skeet a bunch of times and falling pieces of clay were never an issue because of the distance the clay "pigeon" is launched away from you. Funny thought though. HinH

The Deer in Ohio are freakin huge. I've seen so many guys and their trail cam videos of trophy bucks lately - - - It's just unreal.

Hmmmm - - - No wonder women around these parts don't dress well and never wear heels - - The guys pay more attention to the deer then their women.

• Like 1

• 6 months later...

I thought I would post a wedge.

SM Nalla, bought late 2017. I've only worn these a few times, so when I saw these sitting on my shelf I had to wear them to work today. After all it wedge season in the northern hemisphere.

SM NallaHH.JPG

• Like 1

Cali,

I recently returned from 12 days in Mexicali where we buried my wife's mother last week. Every day was 102F/39C or hotter which is normal for June there but I again saw so many lovely wedge sandals there and thought of you. It continues to amaze me the Mexican shoe market is thriving as stores in the U.S. continue to close. You can really find inexpensive and colourful designs all over Mexico as I remember seeing a multitude of shoe stores in Leon, Queretaro, Guadalajara, and Mexico City back in 2017. You would be in wedge heaven! HinH

I decided to post on here instead of in the "New Shoes" thread because.  .  . well, just because. I'll have to admit, I'm not a huge fan of wedges, especially wedges from my youth (70s and 80s). The wedges I grew up with were huge honking slabs attached to women's feet, and I could never figure out why anybody in their right mind would buy something so ugly. In the last 6-8 years, I've changed my mind somewhat, for a couple of reasons. First, it seems like modern wedges are in general much less clunky than their ancestors, having a much slimmer footprint. Second, as a daily heel wearer, they are just pretty darned practical sometimes compared to something with a really narrow heel. Nevertheless, out of my 60-something pair collection, I have only 5 pairs of wedges. 7 if you count the tennis shoes, which I wore for 3 weeks in Vietnam 3 years ago, and then never again.

Up for consideration are Michael Kors tan colored wedges. They didn't come with a box, so I have no idea what the model name is. Michael Kors doesn't print it right on the inside of the shoe like Nine West and several others do. 4 3/4" heel, 1 1/8" platform, so it's a little less steep than my usual, but certainly not a low heel. The other thing that is unusual (for me) about these shoes is that they are not mules. The same is true with my other recent purchase, some Alaia sandals. I am sort of loathe to buy sandals that are not mules for some reason. I just like them. However, I bought the last two pair of non-mules pretty much solely on the strength of @HappyinHeels's suggestion that I buy some shoes that actually strap on. And so I did. They're all right, I guess. They're not mules, though. It is true that I can zoom around in these things like they were tennis shoes.

MKtanwedgetop.PNG

MKtanwedgeside.PNG

• Like 3

I had a chance to wear some of my own wedges last night, while doing some work from home, with all others fast asleep! I forgot how comfortable this specific pair was - they fit perfectly and have a great height too - very comfortable!

large.20170728_020455.jpg.4f7474dd9d5d6de99a1dbc26ab22ed77.jpg@Tech -  honesty, this image is from an old upload to my gallery ;-) 

large.20170728_020301.jpg.a27446f2d5e523ebf6ddd7d4866d161a.jpg

large.20170728_020455.jpg.4f7474dd9d5d6de99a1dbc26ab22ed77.jpg

@mlroseplant- this MK pair above looks great!  Thumbs up from me!!

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

mlroseplant,

Good for you!! Wedges may be a new phenomenon for you but their stability across differing types of pavements and non-paved surfaces is undeniable. Whilst I have very few mules I admit, however, to considering buying some more largely on the strength of your preference for them. I do have a pair of Coach brand mules I must post on here sometime. Got them heavily discounted at DSW a few years ago. Nothing like a walk in some nice wedges on a sunny day. HinH

Wedge sandals were never my thing.  If I am going to purchase any wedge heels they have to be usually boots, knee or over the knee boots with a nice high heel wedge.  I also have low heel wedge boots as well.

One of my favorite pair of wedge boots. I believe they are one of my first pair of boots I bought and would hate to part with them. Already had to re-glue the sole once because it was lifting. Out of season right now but will be back in season soon enough.large.560d533c7647d_20151001_12314822.jpg.a840311d90d3684c029585622be0b09b.jpg

• Like 3

bailey,

OTK wedge boots are cool! Don't see many of those at all. I have one pair of knee-high wedge boots, gray in colour and with a 5.5"/13cm heel which I wore to dinner with Steve63130 and his wife a few years back. They are a favourite of mine in winter when I'm NOT going shoe shopping. Thanks for posting these winter favs! HinH

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...

Had I known it was Wedge Wednesday, I might have actually worn wedges today. I strongly considered it, as I went to the all-church picnic this evening. However, I was really wanting to wear my Alaïa sandals with shorts, and since it hasn't rained in several days, I figured I could get by with a separate heeled shoe, even on the grass, so I did.

• Like 1

Being as it's Wedge Wednesday, I guess my choice of footwear is decided, then! I was waffling back and forth between two choices, but now there's one less thing to decide on this incredibly hot and humid summer day.