Wild about Wedges

Cali

On 6/3/2018 at 1:55 PM, hh4evr1 said:

Nice wedges NEHeels. I would like a pair of higher heeled wedges. Most I see are lower than those. Unfortunately they are sold out.

Keep an eye out on ebay, occasionally i spot some great looking wedges :)

jeremy1986,

You are indeed a kindred wedge soul on the other side of the big pond! The knotted vamp and cork-wrapped base are style factors  I enjoy. I have a single pair of wedges at 4"/10cm which my wife bought me and everything else is 5"/12.3cm or higher. There are many here who love wedges but I don't think I've seen anything you've posted yet I didn't like for myself. Well-done. :wink: HappyinHeels

• 2 weeks later...

I think my latest acquisition should be here due to the style of shoe . These came up in a search of the Lane Bryant site looking for some slides to wear around the house . My work hours don't leave much time anymore for wearing my wedges out and about . My wife picked them up for me at the Louisville , Ky location . The only problem I have with them is the huge bow . Caution they do run large . I take a size 12 in Nine West and can get by with these in a size 11 . That is a size 11 wide women's in normal sizes . They were on sale buy one and get a second for $5.00 or another item . Guess who got the second item and it was not me . LOL !

1645095588__400x400__.jpg

Edited by maninpumps
Forgot a sentence .

16 hours ago, maninpumps said:

I think my latest acquisition should be here due to the style of shoe . These came up in a search of the Lane Bryant site looking for some slides to wear around the house . My work hours don't leave much time anymore for wearing my wedges out and about . My wife picked them up for me at the Louisville , Ky location . The only problem I have with them is the huge bow . Caution they do run large . I take a size 12 in Nine West and can get by with these in a size 11 . That is a size 11 wide women's in normal sizes . They were on sale buy one and get a second for $5.00 or another item . Guess who got the second item and it was not me . LOL !

1645095588__400x400__.jpg

Good for you ;-)   They look very cute!

On ‎6‎/‎13‎/‎2018 at 4:35 PM, HappyinHeels said:

jeremy1986,

You are indeed a kindred wedge soul on the other side of the big pond! The knotted vamp and cork-wrapped base are style factors  I enjoy. I have a single pair of wedges at 4"/10cm which my wife bought me and everything else is 5"/12.3cm or higher. There are many here who love wedges but I don't think I've seen anything you've posted yet I didn't like for myself. Well-done. :wink: HappyinHeels

Thanks so much for the kind words - I am really loving these... wearing them again right now! 

• Thanks 1

Today's wedges, Charles by Charles David "Apollo". Have these in Turquoise as well. Went shoe shopping in these today, the sale women were more interested in these than their shoes....

workjuneHH.JPG

• Like 4

4 hours ago, Cali said:

Today's wedges, Charles by Charles David "Apollo". Have these in Turquoise as well. Went shoe shopping in these today, the sale women were more interested in these than their shoes....

workjuneHH.JPG

Love these! 

This is my favorite boutique shoe store, I've purchase many pairs from them. The Sale Associates know me and what I like/looking for so they told me as I entered they had nothing new in my heel height. So we chit-chatted a bit and that's when they asked.

• Like 1

Tonight I chose a pair of wedges that I inherited from my wife a few months ago (read more here: https://hhplace.org/topic/24422-jeremys-heel-stories-pictures-thoughts/?page=4&tab=comments#comment-375368 )

They are a pair she bought at Payless  bunch of years ago, but never got into them said they were on the tight side and not so comfy. They are a 10W (US) and fit me perfectly. They are a very simple pair, and have probably seen better days... but I still enjoy them. A moderate 3.5" wedge heels makes them nice and comfy, as well as the peep toe!

20180628_232007.thumb.jpg.192ae3b77c0ad368460ae8f13963f514.jpg

• Like 2

On 6/28/2018 at 7:09 PM, jeremy1986 said:

Tonight I chose a pair of wedges that I inherited from my wife a few months ago (read more here: https://hhplace.org/topic/24422-jeremys-heel-stories-pictures-thoughts/?page=4&tab=comments#comment-375368 )

They are a pair she bought at Payless  bunch of years ago, but never got into them said they were on the tight side and not so comfy. They are a 10W (US) and fit me perfectly. They are a very simple pair, and have probably seen better days... but I still enjoy them. A moderate 3.5" wedge heels makes them nice and comfy, as well as the peep toe!

20180628_232007.thumb.jpg.192ae3b77c0ad368460ae8f13963f514.jpg

I have always liked that style of wedge with jeans . Well done ! I wear a wedge very close to that with a stacked heel and knee highs . Love the look .

• Like 1

14 hours ago, maninpumps said:

I have always liked that style of wedge with jeans . Well done ! I wear a wedge very close to that with a stacked heel and knee highs . Love the look .

Thanks so much. I like it too (despite is relative low heel), because its comfy and still looks great (in my opinion!) 

Only thing I don't really like is the patent look - kind of cheapens the look of the shoes... and also makes this funny squeak with the one shoe happens to rub against the other!

On 6/29/2018 at 2:28 PM, spikesmike said:

DSCF5245.thumb.JPG.8e3dbe23e3ea8782908f2a6eceaeb320.JPG5aba8a50769ed_DSCF5242(1).thumb.JPG.fad4ab35511e39b28cf66dfee86847f6.JPG5aba8a846f383_DSCF5244(1).thumb.JPG.8d7b35bdddf1fd570d35a3478dfd1b6b.JPGTo our happy heelers :  Question : Do these come under the heading of Wedges ?  Or they in a class of their own ?

Pony boots? I had a pair with hooves.

A98A3A84-CD20-4E64-8E06-04AF69B498EF.jpeg

(formerly known as "JimC")

On 7/1/2018 at 4:37 PM, maninpumps said:

I like those as well.  A good look for a wedge.

On 5/18/2018 at 9:48 PM, Peter1 said:

I’m currently searching for ;)

Maybe this pair:

Regards

4BC5D77C-8261-4924-B465-9696444B3158.jpeg

Hi all! 

I finally bought them with a great bargain, they normally will be delivered tomorrow :) 

11 hours ago, Peter1 said:

Hi all! 

I finally bought them with a great bargain, they normally will be delivered tomorrow :) 

That's great!!  They look really nice, and I know NL's stuff is really comfy.  

Don't forget to snap some pics as soon as they come :)

• Thanks 1

Peter,  Very nice looking sandals!  I have a similar pair, not as high a heel, that I wear in public quite often.  A shame to wear those exclusively at home...  

Enjoy your new sandals....   sf

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

"Why should girls have all the fun!!"