Wild about Wedges

Cali

On 5/16/2017 at 6:21 PM, HappyinHeels said:

ROnC,

Glad to see came around to wedges. My question to you if a wedge had a floral pattern or was a wild colour or had a series of thinner straps woudl that work for you??  Mine run from more utlitarian designs and colours to more feminine styles like described above. All my wedges are 5" and up with a sole :) exception; a leopard print wedge from Target from 2007 (4.5") my wife actually got for me. I think you are still a devotee of the pump. 

HappyinHeels

Happy, I am not a big fan of the florals for some reason.  Have some a few I like, but mainly find that, to my eye, it seems to distract one from the shape of the shoes to looking at the pattern.  Goofy, I guess, but that's me!  I do like many of those with the thinner straps - personally though, I've had quite enough of the gladiator style however, that just seems like it won't go away.  And the single high ankle strap with the single tor strap is also getting a bit worn out in my eye.  In the end, however, you are mostly correct - I do tend to like pump styles more than most others.  I have in the past had a pair of these from Aerosoles, though mine were black.  I did enjoy them - easy to walk in but have the feminin touch I seek.

PLUSH-ARO~639~AV1~508PX.JPG

• Like 3

Well, I like wedge sandals as well, I have a few pair that I wear often.  Last week I bought a pair of ankle strap wedges at Payless, the style is Paige.  The sandal has a simple look, and the wedge is low, about 2, maybe 2 1/2 inches, which is good for me since I am tall already.  

I have worn them around the house a bit, they are comfortable and can't wait to get out in them.  Here is a picture....  

And....   RonC, I like your aerosols sandals.  I almost bought a pair of those last year..... But the heel was a bit to high for me and I have to many heels already !!!  

IMG_5674.jpg

• Like 2

"Why should girls have all the fun!!"

Hi All,

Saw my favorite Aldo store manager today and ordered these which were on the clearance rack but only in 8.5. They will be at the store in about a week. They were "wedged" between other sandals so I couldn't see the profile on my last visit there. They are the

"Gwyni" wedge which are about 6" high and in this same color (size 11). So cute I may wear them out of the store. I figured this wedge thread is still going well so why not post here instead.  HappyinHeels or maybe Wild in Wedges

5928baad40269_http_static.theiconic_com.au_p_Gwyni-539683-1.jpg.9ae132a0edc5b6e72fd88c4d986ed59e.jpg

• Like 3

On 4/19/2017 at 2:34 AM, maninpumps said:

Well this is a thread I can really sink my wedges into ...thank's ! I must say all the pictures posted are very nice . That being said I feel the need to post one of mine . I also have this style in Leopard . These wedges have a lot of miles on them .58f711f139792_brash-blac-wedges-5263522-0-2wedgepumps.jpg.465afa46cca50eb263a1af2c9c515f1d.jpg

x354-q80 lunar.jpg

You should post photos of them on

• Like 2

2 hours ago, maninpumps said:

I will have to get my wife to take some pictures . Give me a few days and let's see what happens . Do you want both styles or just one ? 

Black would be fab, but if you can do both :)

• Like 1

On 5/28/2017 at 0:48 AM, maninpumps said:

I will have to get my wife to take some pictures . Give me a few days and let's see what happens . Do you want both styles or just one ? 

Both. But I really want the black

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...

Some 40 years ago when I started to attempt to solve the mystery surrounding the female footwear, I would often raid the BAKER'S Qualicraft clearance racks.  That was when I could barely fit into a size 10 and find a rare 11.  On one occasion, I found a smooth white Mary-Jane with a round pleated toe with maybe a 2 1/2" wedge. I had a friend who actually had the same style who really looked great in them.  I was so tempted to to say something but back then - times were different.  Sadly, my feet continued to expand as now a 13 is the only close fit.

Just a bit higher to to delight - low enough for healthy foot comfort and great beginning.

Ahhh...  Bakers and Qualicraft shoes...  I still have a pair of Qualicraft sandals (size 11) from way back when.....   sf

"Why should girls have all the fun!!"

Guys , I am still working on getting my wife to take some pictures for you all . I just want to share a picture of my latest pairs of wedges . The red pair were a Fathers Day gift from my wife . Yes they are from Payless but my wife liked them so who am I to argue . 

169517_6_1400x1400.jpg

th (2) espadrille.jpg

• Like 1

On 4/19/2017 at 3:34 AM, maninpumps said:

Well this is a thread I can really sink my wedges into ...thank's ! I must say all the pictures posted are very nice . That being said I feel the need to post one of mine . I also have this style in Leopard . These wedges have a lot of miles on them .58f711f139792_brash-blac-wedges-5263522-0-2wedgepumps.jpg.465afa46cca50eb263a1af2c9c515f1d.jpg

x354-q80 lunar.jpg

You should post photos of them on .  Black would be fab, but if you can do both . Per those statements here they are and a few more .

19397782_649536985241624_608015818_nespa.jpg

19389498_649537981908191_412442943_nmore dona.jpg

19265028_649537101908279_2033060327_ntsrap.jpg

19369910_649537995241523_1222348246_nrrrr.jpg

19265025_649537715241551_1187722869_nmygirls.jpg

19263968_649538091908180_1551850142_o.jpg

• Like 1

9 hours ago, maninpumps said:

Guys , I am still working on getting my wife to take some pictures for you all . I just want to share a picture of my latest pairs of wedges . The red pair were a Fathers Day gift from my wife . Yes they are from Payless but my wife liked them so who am I to argue . 

169517_6_1400x1400.jpg

th (2) espadrille.jpg

These are both so cute - though I like the 2nd pair more. Enjoy them, especially them being from your wife - that really great.

Edited by jeremy1986
  • Like 1

• 2 weeks later...

Wore my Steve Madden Nalla Wedge Strappy Sandals in taupe for the first time today, only a 9 hour day. Got them on clearance in the winter, but haven't wore them more than to see that they fit and to add an extra hole to the strap. Got several compliments in them.

After 9 hours of wearing/walking.

nalla01hh.JPG

nalla.jpg

• Like 2

• 4 weeks later...

Tonight's a warm night, so I decided to wear wedges with my shorts (after the fun discussion elsewhere on the site). I chose these gorgeous wedges from New Look, got them on sale a few months ago, at a price I could not refuse!! I really love these, because they fit perfectly (9 UK) and close nice and sturdy around my feet - but not too tight. They are a fab 5" high with a 1.5" platform, which makes them very comfy to wear. I just need to remember to take smaller steps than usual!

My wife saw me come down with them, but didn't say anything. We busied ourselves around the house, me clomping my way around in these, and then ate support together. She would generally say something like "wow" when she'd see me in heels, or intending to put them on, but tonight there was no response, at all. Not sure how to take that. On the one hand, I don't want to do it "in her face" (she accepts it, but does not understand), but I do want to make sure she knows how much I enjoy heels, and that I want to wear them. I just wish she wore hers more... she has such a stunning collection.... its been months since she wore a pair of heels or wedges :-(   I hope she gives them to me before she tosses them :cheeky:

large.20170728_020301.jpg.a27446f2d5e523ebf6ddd7d4866d161a.jpglarge.20170728_020729.jpg.60bf8344ca71dd9fb56c3a78149d80fb.jpg

• Like 2

I really like the upper detail on these . I bet they are comfortable . The "T" strap styles are always a good choice . I have the same issues with my wife sometimes , so don't feel like she is upset with you , she just may hate the color of shoe for that day . My wife hates certain colors on me ......like yellow . I would love to find some yellow wedges . 

• Like 1

A new pair - haven't worn these before. Got them after buying them from a discount store that must have bought old stock from Payless. I love how the 'chunkiness' of the wedge heel is balanced by the daintiness of the straps, that despite being blue - are very feminine. 

5" heel, 1.25" platform. another few snaps in my member albums

large.20170730_025046.jpg.564baeab91e8a794bf11f234537e210f.jpglarge.20170730_025017.jpg.15a8083e5a7bd114d4866eb4320951a1.jpg

• Like 2

What do you mean blue is not very feminine? Women love blues ! On a serious note they are a nicely balanced shoe - l always find lots of finer straps very flattering and also comfortable!

Its always so much fun trying on a new pair of heels!!

Enjoy!

• Like 2

• 1 month later...
  • 2 weeks later...

With temps in the 90's today it's still time for shorts and wedges.

Today's work clothes and shoes. Wore them for 12 hours with over 7 hours walking.

Apollo wedges, Charles by Charles David.

apollo9_25_01hh.JPG

• Like 4

I first got this model in turquoise two years ago and I always got compliments in them. Turquoise was "the color" that year. I wore them out but found them in this color and bought it. I love how this shape absorbs my high arch.

• Like 1