Wild about Wedges

Cali

Sorry they aren't hiring.  Your company doesn't allow wedges at work?

It's not so much the company allowing you to wear wedges to work, its more "do you have the intestinal fortitude required to wear 5 inch heels in to work for a full workday?"

Edited by Cali

Cali,

I have liked your postings so far and enjoy you love wedges as  many of us do. I am curious what kind of work you do where you can openly wear your wedges as a  guy and compare with your coworkers. Something many male members here would love to do at their place of employ. I like both wedges: your coworkers toes are more noticeable but I like your style of wedge more and two pairs very similar to it.  HappyinHeels

• Like 1

Thanks HinH.  Science professor. As I said above, there is most likely not a wedge policy at most places of employment.  The only thing holding back our male members from wearing their wedges (or heels in general) to work is themselves, everybody has there own comfort zone. It's very liberating to break through that comfort zone and start wearing your high heels openly in public.

So the first step is start wearing you heels openly, then think about wearing to work.

Comparing my shoes with coworkers is very common thing for me. I'm known to constantly having one of the highest heels at work. So women always want to compared their heels to mine.  This one coworker just happened to take a picture because her's were new.

• Like 3

Sounds like an awesome place to work. Can not imagine me comparing my heels with a bunch of parts guys and diesel mechanics. I am still getting teased because my workboots are not marked up enough yet. Lol.

• Like 1

Cali,

You're partly right about the mental barriers part but there are still places where you cannot just wear what you want. Law enforcement shops are one hospitals, and trades shops (manufacturing, constructions sites,etc.) would be some coming to mind. Some of this is occupational safety and some of it has to with what the public expects of people held to a higher standard even if you don't wear a uniform but especially if you do. Look at the journalism profession today. One may argue the merits of its present calibre (the art of verifying sources independently seems foreign now) but one cannot deny it has liberal slant. Yet observe how the men are dressed. Conservative colours and styles with only colorful ties or shirts but not both. The women are the ones who wear what they want short of jeans and such casual wear. Why? Because they are in the public eye and even the most ardent liberal knows the general public expects a certain mainstream appearance even if the news content is not the best. I can dress as I want off duty and away from the office or any nexus to representing my agency or my government. This more realistic view is simply the world most of us live in. HappyinHeels

• Like 1

My premise is if you want to wear your heels to work, you got to first wear them outside the house.  I know there are some situations and professions where heels are not appropriate, hey I mow my lawn in my running shoes even though stilettos help aerate it. I think I am old enough to not care.

• Like 1

On 4/29/2017 at 10:47 PM, Cali said:

Sorry they aren't hiring.  Your company doesn't allow wedges at work?

It's not so much the company allowing you to wear wedges to work, its more "do you have the intestinal fortitude required to wear 5 inch heels in to work for a full workday?"

My company only allows OSHA approved steel toed boots .  

8 hours ago, Cali said:

My premise is if you want to wear your heels to work, you got to first wear them outside the house.  I know there are some situations and professions where heels are not appropriate, hey I mow my lawn in my running shoes even though stilettos help aerate it. I think I am old enough to not care.

I'm now retired but the last 2-3 years of working I wore knee high boots with 2-3" block heels under my pants every day.  I now have a pair of beat up knee high boots with 3" block heels that I wear over jeans or with shorts when I cut grass, but, in the past, I have aerated my lawn by cutting grass in stilettos thigh boots (the stilettos sticking in the ground makes cutting grass in stiletto pumps impractical :penitent:).

I have a couple pair of wedges but I still am not comfortable seeing myself wearing them... maybe when the temps get into the 90sF (33C).

:wavey:

I dream of a world where chickens can cross roads without having their motives questioned.

On ‎24‎/‎04‎/‎2017 at 0:42 AM, Cali said:

I really like wedge sandals and lace-ups are great.  Here's two Maxx Out wedges.  (I know RobbieHH has a pair too.)

wedge_B.JPG

These are so cute!
love the rear zipper too!!

She took another picture yesterday, I didn't get it.  She had the same heels and I had my white Charles by Charles David wedges, 1/2" taller than her's.  She was embarrassed that she had worn the same wedges.

• Like 1

I like the idea of lawn aeration by stiletto! I think my 2-acre lot with lots of grass would cause me lots of sinking though. I have worn wedges on my riding mower at our land in northern WIsconsin. Short-shorts and wedges, now there's a way to a tan while cutting the grass :)  HappyinHeels

• Like 1

Ditch those shorts and get yourself a bikini bottom and a crop top.  But be careful, those cheeks burn real fast., But what tan lines.

12 hours ago, Cali said:

She took another picture yesterday, I didn't get it.  She had the same heels and I had my white Charles by Charles David wedges, 1/2" taller than her's.  She was embarrassed that she had worn the same wedges.

I see women wearing the same shoes daily... nothing embarrassing about that. Make her feel good :cheeky:

• Like 1

I try to wear a different heel every day, and with over 35 pairs that's easy. It was her that brought up that she was embarrassed to be wearing the same wedges. My female colleagues have complained that I have "upped the game" with my heels.

• Like 2

When I first started wearing heels to work several woman complained that they could no longer use the excuse "they're hard to walk in" as to why they don't wear heels themselves. The pressure is on me too to keep the bar high. 

On 5/7/2017 at 0:14 AM, jeremy1986 said:

@Cali, you're a role model :cheeky:

At work two women have told me they started to wear their heels again because I wear heels. They had felt "pressure" not to before.

• Like 1

Jeremy1986,

You're close to it. In the spirit of Steve63130, I'd say Cali is a "sole model" :). I'd take more pictures of myself wearing different heels but I shudder to think what may develop :):). Cali to you I say may all of have fun with your footwear fashion. Life should be tasted one bite at a time and enjoyed one (high-heeled) stride at a time.  HappyinHeels

• Like 2

On ‎10‎/‎05‎/‎2017 at 10:27 AM, Cali said:

At work two women have told me they started to wear their heels again because I wear heels. They had felt "pressure" not to before.

Good for you!! That's fab!

On 5/9/2017 at 6:21 PM, jeremy1986 said:

This is a pair I am considering buying - I actually love the style, even though they are not the highest of heels. The description says 3.2", but I am sure its closer to 4" (especially for the assize 9 UK...)

here is the link: http://www.newlook.com/shop/shoe-gallery/view-all-shoes/black-suedette-cork-wedge-heels_523971401

media.newlookassets.com.jpg

WOW! Those shoes look sensational! I'd love a pair like those if they came in 13 wide!

• Like 1

I don't want to LOOK like a woman, I just want to DRESS like a woman!

Just my personal point of view, but for me, for wedges to look good, the upper has to be very feminine.  The pumps above are a great example - a very feminine cut on the upper balances the bulk of the wedge.  When the upper gets overly bulky looking i.e. thick, heavy looking straps or a very bulky looking pump style, or a wedge on a boot, the wedge style loses it's appeal for me.  For a long time a wouldn't even consider a wedge, but I have over time purchased probably four pairs - but again, I guess I would say "dainty" looking uppers to balance the heaviness of the wedge.  Just sayin'....lol.

• Like 1

ROnC,

Glad to see came around to wedges. My question to you if a wedge had a floral pattern or was a wild colour or had a series of thinner straps woudl that work for you??  Mine run from more utlitarian designs and colours to more feminine styles like described above. All my wedges are 5" and up with a sole :) exception; a leopard print wedge from Target from 2007 (4.5") my wife actually got for me. I think you are still a devotee of the pump. 

HappyinHeels

• Like 1

On ‎15‎/‎05‎/‎2017 at 11:45 AM, JeffB said:

WOW! Those shoes look sensational! I'd love a pair like those if they came in 13 wide!

Thanks - I just have to wait for them to come back in my size (8-9 UK)