Wild about Wedges

Cali

When I first started wearing 4 inch heels a few females told me to try wedges because they are "easier to walk in".  I agree, I love my wedges and have over 10 open toe wedges for the summer.  I'll plan on showing some of mine and I want to see yours.  Also platform height and heel height.

These Steve Madden Elisha  lace ups have a 1.5 inch platform, 5 1/4 inch heel. (Zebra toes.)

Sorry for the pun W about W

Elishapic.jpg

• Like 4

1 hour ago, Cali said:

When I first started wearing 4 inch heels a few females told me to try wedges because they are "easier to walk in".  I agree, I love my wedges and have over 10 open toe wedges for the summer.  I'll plan on showing some of mine and I want to see yours.  Also platform height and heel height.

These Steve Madden Elisha  lace ups have a 1.5 inch platform, 5 1/4 inch heel. (Zebra toes.)

Sorry for the pun W about W

Elishapic.jpg

These look amazing - especially with your toe nails painted :cheeky:

• Like 1

I have a bunch of wedges - shoe and boots. Here is my first contribution, from the gallery I uploaded earlier today.

From Asos, a heel called "Oval". Size 9. My most expensive pair yet...

6" heel, with a 1.5" platform. I absolutely LOVE them -with the closed toe and ankle strap...

large.20170402_012755.jpg.3c3335b398b97b91c404f6105e778b35.jpglarge.20170402_012444.jpg.8e6d01f65258f640a2329b9710773c69.jpglarge.20170402_012735.jpg.441d6cda2e954dbbc65cd7364b0dc7ea.jpg

• Like 6

I too, like wearing wedge heels, especially sandals. I have many pairs of them both in slides and slingbacks. I have them in a lot of colors too, as I like to match my top with a similar color shoe.

Happy Heeling,

bluejay

• Like 2

Well this is a thread I can really sink my wedges into ...thank's ! I must say all the pictures posted are very nice . That being said I feel the need to post one of mine . I also have this style in Leopard . These wedges have a lot of miles on them .58f711f139792_brash-blac-wedges-5263522-0-2wedgepumps.jpg.465afa46cca50eb263a1af2c9c515f1d.jpg

x354-q80 lunar.jpg

• Like 1

1 hour ago, maninpumps said:

Well this is a thread I can really sink my wedges into ...thank's ! I must say all the pictures posted are very nice . That being said I feel the need to post one of mine . I also have this style in Leopard . These wedges have a lot of miles on them .58f711f139792_brash-blac-wedges-5263522-0-2wedgepumps.jpg.465afa46cca50eb263a1af2c9c515f1d.jpg

x354-q80 lunar.jpg

These are really stunning - would love to get myself a pair like this - ideal with those chilly days, but not as cold as needing boots!

I thought I'll add these vintage VS ankle-strap stiletto heel wedges.  The heel goes down to a tip.  This is one of the shoes I use the shoe stretches to "enlarge" the toe straps. 1 inch platform 5.5 inch heels.

VSanklestrap.jpg.ceb195089f52a5471324bc561f0e451e.jpg

• Like 1

On ‎19‎/‎04‎/‎2017 at 5:58 PM, Cali said:

I thought I'll add these vintage VS ankle-strap stiletto heel wedges.  The heel goes down to a tip.  This is one of the shoes I use the shoe stretches to "enlarge" the toe straps. 1 inch platform 5.5 inch heels.

VSanklestrap.jpg.ceb195089f52a5471324bc561f0e451e.jpg

These look great Cali. Not sure I would call them vintage though...? There are still many style out like this.

On 19/04/2017 at 3:34 AM, maninpumps said:

x354-q80 lunar.jpg

Payless?? - - - oh hell, never saw anything that good at any Payless near me. 

12 hours ago, jeremy1986 said:

These look great Cali. Not sure I would call them vintage though...? There are still many style out like this.

I call them vintage since VS stop selling their own heels about 4 years ago.  When I wear these or my VS stilettos the women at work just can't believe it specially when they see the "Wings".  They drool!  They really drool!  And having perfectly pedicured toe nails with color is over the top.  If you live in heels you have to have fun in them and with them.

Once upon a time, I wasn't a fan of wedges, especially platform wedges, but then, a few years ago, I wore a pair as an experiment, liked how they looked, and I've been wearing them ever since as they're fun shoes.

• Like 3

I don't want to LOOK like a woman, I just want to DRESS like a woman!

2 hours ago, JeffB said:

Once upon a time, I wasn't a fan of wedges, especially platform wedges, but then, a few years ago, I wore a pair as an experiment, liked how they looked, and I've been wearing them ever since as they're fun shoes.

Same story with me, only I don't wear them as much as you do. I still prefer a shoe with a separately demarcated heel, but I like wedges just fine. I have probably half a dozen pairs.

Some of my favorites are these "Charles by Charles David", basic laser cut out sandals.

I have the one strap Affluent in white and black and the two strap Apollo in turquoise.  You wont believe how many women come up to me to tell me they love these wedges when I wear them.

affluent.jpg

apollo.jpg

IMG_0025.JPG

• Like 4

I tried the Payless Brash Luna wedge style but decided the Kosmic stiletto was more of what I wanted.  They are still a favorite.
I do have the recent Medallion wedge pump and find it an interesting style but still prefer the stiletto.

payless mink 151205a.jpg

payless mink 151205b.jpg

• Like 2

Just a bit higher to to delight - low enough for healthy foot comfort and great beginning.

Here is a photo of my "Cecilia" wedges (6.5" high) from Bakers back in 2011. I have them in nude and white. Liked them so much I got a second pair in nude. I have worn them in about a dozen states. I have about 35 pairs of wedges all together. Have worn them typically shopping, to restaurants, an to two outdoor weddings. Very stable and depending on styling can be worn to stylish events. These go well with jeans or dresses and they always get good reviews. HappyinHeels

index.jpg

• Like 5