high heels

mickeyunc

4 inch is about my limit now as I'm not getting any younger, but pretty much all of us on here wear heels and a large majority of us including myself have no worries about wearing them out in public, how about yourself, would be interested to hear mate 

• Like 1

I'm all 5's , 6 single sole and platform and 7 platform,,,,, look at my albums.  Love wearing heels but just not often enough, only 1-2 times per week 

Edited by CAT
  • Like 1

I have been wearing "girls shoes" for as long as I can remember.  My moms and older sisters heels whenever I had a chance.  I got my first pair of my own when I was 10.  A classic pair of black patent pumps with 4" heels.  As I got older, my heels got higher.  5" heels were the norm and I wore them easily and confidently everywhere for more than 10 years.  I graduated to 6" heels for 4 or 5 years. I even bought three pair of pumps with 7" heels which, by the way are very hard to wear.  The higher the heels, the more difficult they are to wear and the more "issues" there are with wearing them.  

At this point, I am over 60 years old and I believe I have met the challenges and conquered the idea that the higher heels the more enjoyable the experiences. And, like many females my age, I have found that comfort trumps height.  My life long desire to wear "girls" shoes is easily satisfied by wearing pumps and boots with 4" heels as well as lower wedge heel sandals.  In all my years of wearing high heels I've found the secret to wearing heels, no matter what heel height, is to wear shoes that fit properly.  Any pair of heels are a joy to wear if they fit properly.

Edited by Bubba136
  • Like 6

Being mentally comfortable in your own mind is the key to wearing heels in public.

I do not have any high heeled shoes left which are lower than 4 1/2 inches, and I try real hard not to buy anything new which is less than 12 cm, or 4 3/4 inches. It seems that if I get anything lower than that, I wind up not wearing them much, and they're a waste of money. Most of my shoes have a small platform, so what you'll see me in most times is a 5 inch heel with a 1 inch platform. The 4 inch difference seems most comfortable and natural to me. Well, after 4 years of practice and experience, that is.

My boots range from flat to 5".  Over the past year I have found that 4" block heels are the most practical for me.  I realize the "practical" and "high heels" are not terms normally used together but then there is only a small percentage of the population that wear high heels (fewer and fewer women and almost no men) that would even consider high heels as practical footwear.

When I'm out and about I have to manage a guitar case and music bag (both of which are heavy), and to be able to go up and down stairs.  I've found this difficult in 5" stilettos but doable in 4" block heels.  When I'm not dragging along a guitar (or cello) I'll wear whatever boots suit my fancy at the time, but the 4" heels seem to be being worn most often as they are comfortable and easy to walk in (as in I forget I'm wearing them).  I have to pay attention when I'm wearing 5" stilettos.

:wavey:

• Like 1

I dream of a world where chickens can cross roads without having their motives questioned.

These days, I rarely wear anything over four inches, and five inchers are borderline impractical for me as I'm pushing sixty. Because I spend a goodly amount of time on my feet walking and standing during my little outings, comfort is important, to that end, I've gravitated towards lower heights and I'm perfectly fine with that, in fact, I've come to prefer low heels.

I don't want to LOOK like a woman, I just want to DRESS like a woman!

I'm with you, Jeff, but later 60s here. I wear heels everyday out in public, but never stilettos; always thicker and more stable heels. My preferred height is 3 to 3.5 inches, and 4 is really pushing it for me. My ankles and feet aren't as flexible as when I was younger.

Steve

• Like 3

I have three pairs, one 5" platform Frye harness mid-calf in brown suede.  One pair of 5" Michael Kors black leather knee highs, and a 5.5" pair of Steve Madden ankle boots in dark brown leather.  All are block style heels.  I don't wear any of them very often.   I've actually worn the Michael Kors on the motorcycle believe it or not.  They are right at the limit of operating the shifter. 

Nothing lower than 5 inch heels for me. I wear my 7 inch single sole stilettos when at home and have ventured out in my 6 and 6.5 inch heels on occasion!!! I also have a pair of ballet heels but again, only worn in the house :happy:

• Like 1

Yes, I can walk in 6.5 inch heels!!!

On ‎4‎/‎7‎/‎2017 at 10:17 PM, HappyinHeels said:

I love the craggy heights of my heels.... 5", 6", 7"  oh  my!!! 1-4" is for flat landers.  :)   HappyinHeels

Just wait till you get older! LOL

Steve

• Like 5

My limit is 12cm no platform, in my house. Outdoors not higher than 4 inches (irregular pavement), though I rarely go outside in heels.

I have some pairs with 12 cm heels and 2 cm platform, fairly comfortable for longer periods. I also "rediscovered" pairs with 3 and 4 inch stiletto, no platform.

Greetings,

Hans.

At 66, about 4" is my absolute max, but I am much more comfortable, and walk much better, in 3-3.5" heels.  As is the case for most women, I'll leave the higher heels for the younder folks...

There are really two different questions, How high and for how long.

I have over 25 pairs that are at least 4 inches high.  I normally wear my 4 inch or higher boots, booties, or wedges for up to 18 hours straight (long work days). And I am walking/standing most of the time.  But I can only manage about 6 hours in my (Victoria's Secret) stilettos 1/2 inch platform, 5 inch heels.

My SpeedLimit 98's have a 7 inch heel with a 2 inch platform and I can walk in them all day.

I only have 12 pairs of heels. 3 pair are 6 inches, and the rest are 5 inches. I wear a size 14 in men's shoes, so I have a hard time finding heels that fit. Pleaser and Onlymaker have a good selection for my size.

58dea2ce31aa3_DSCF5232(15).thumb.JPG.9880849bcab87ad38100c48a748c78ba.JPG58dea657ede6f_DSCF5234(6).thumb.JPG.2215135d942cdb99bcb400771efc8f00.JPGTo High Heel Lovers

I have a lot of respect for the guy on the treadmill. I belong to a fitness club and I wear high heels to the club. I change to workout. However,

I would not train in my high heels. The training I do in heels is, I wear them all day long. I hope he is having FUN.

splkesmike

Edited by spikesmike

16 hours ago, Cali said:

How else do you practice walking fast in heels?  He's got handle bars if he slips.

On soft ground ?

But, I mean, the heels could become a training accessory when specific muscle cannot be trained otherwise ?

On 4/13/2017 at 9:55 AM, MackyHeels said:

Workout In platform heels? Just the wrong colour for him. Bright side none was staring. 

https://instagram.com/p/BQtHTGTjbyH/

There are a couple videos of this guy prancing around the streets in high heels. He can really strut wearing them. He could back off the "fem" just a bit. He reminds me of a flaming gay!