Shops for Heels in Los Angeles

UKsensation

I've searched the site and only found an old thread that discussed shops for heels in L.A. I know about all the shops in Hollywood like Maya and such, but are there any shops that offer handmade or high quality heels that aren't aimed at strippers but are just well-made shoes with taller heels than normal. I don't seem to be able to turn anything up on the web or here, but I know in London we have several like this. Thanks!

There used to be a bespoke fetish shoe and boot maker called Solanj that was on Sunset, but they closed down over a decade ago.

Looks like there are any number of custom shoe/boot places:

https://www.yelp.com/biz/andre-no-1-shoe-design-los-angeles

https://www.yelp.com/biz/ballard-custom-footwear-los-angeles

Edited by alphax

• 3 weeks later...

Shoesusa is great quality and made in the United States which should mean something. Another CA company I have ordered from is Tony Shoes. I have ordered three pairs of shoes from them via my pal Gary Page who runs skyscraperheels in Chicago. The shoes ran from $90-$145 about three years ago. Again all three shoes were made in the United States. There is a small group of mostly Armenian old-fashioned cobblers centered around the San Fernando Valley who are the bulk of the U.S. custom shoe industry. You can buy cheap and help Chinese pollution circle the globe or you can ante up a bit more and help other Americans by buying American. Doing the latter assures the product you buy was made under fair labour standards. If all of here decided to buy just one pair a year from one of these California-based companies it would have a noticeable effect on the small but viable U.S. shoe industry. HappyinHeels

• Like 1