Public Repair

Jkrenzer

Had some fun today. I was wearing my "work" heels today and while replacing the heel tips my neighbor stopped by to talk about used trucks. While I was pulling the heel tips and installing new ones out on my deck. All my neighbors are fully aware I wear heels, but I thought it was great how we carried on the conversation as if I was working on anything. No comments or fuss was made about what I was doing as I nonchalantly continued my repair. I was wearing my right shoe with shorts on.

They are dirty but I wear them to do just about anything so this just happened to be the condition they were in at that time.

joe :-)

P3310001.jpg

P3310003.jpg

• Like 5

22 minutes ago, Jkrenzer said:

Had some fun today. I was wearing my "work" heels today and while replacing the heel tips my neighbor stopped by to talk about used trucks. While I was pulling the heel tips and installing new ones out on my deck. All my neighbors are fully aware I wear heels, but I thought it was great how we carried on the conversation as if I was working on anything. No comments or fuss was made about what I was doing as I nonchalantly continued my repair. I was wearing my right shoe with shorts on.

They are dirty but I wear them to do just about anything so this just happened to be the condition they were in at that time.

joe :-)

P3310001.jpg

Your lucky to have good neighbors, but then they usually come in pairs.  As for walking in soft ground with high heels... how do you keep from walking out of them? 

A word of caution: Whenever I walk over soft ground with block heel boots (where the heel has an end cap), there is a real good chance the end cap will detach and remain in a hole in the ground.  I've lost several that way and had to dig out several others.  I now transfer all my weight to the ball of my foot when I'm on ground that will let my boot heel sink, or I take the long way around and stay on cement.

:wavey:

• Like 1

I dream of a world where chickens can cross roads without having their motives questioned.

Occasionally they come off, but if I'm needing to gain leverage I let the heels sink in. I do curl my toes to pull them out. I sometimes think this is good exercise. I wear my shoes to live and usually don't care too much if I damage them from time to time. Will say pleaser brand are really rugged, clearly designed with men in mind.

• Like 2

15 minutes ago, Jkrenzer said:

Will say pleaser brand are really rugged, clearly designed with men in mind.

True, but I doubt if even they had gardening in stilettos in mind. :penitent: 

They do look good though. :beers:

:wavey:

• Like 1

I dream of a world where chickens can cross roads without having their motives questioned.

Wow JK,  I'm impressed. Both with your neighbourhood as well as with your "yard pumps". Never walked on soft ground. Wedge sandals are another story. I have done easy hikes on dirt trails in wedges and have walked around my yard a lot in such sandals. Kudos to you!

HappyinHeels

1 hour ago, HappyinHeels said:

Wow JK,  I'm impressed. Both with your neighbourhood as well as with your "yard pumps". Never walked on soft ground. Wedge sandals are another story. I have done easy hikes on dirt trails in wedges and have walked around my yard a lot in such sandals. Kudos to you!

HappyinHeels

Thanks. Been wearing heels so long now that I do believe my leg muscles have benefited as well as my balance. I simply wear them as my normal every day not at work footware. I also think wearing flat "mens" footware for 9 hrs everyday at work has kept my legs properly toned. Of course even I can't or wouldn't wear heels on the golf course where I do spend plenty of leisure time.

Yes, wearing heels does tone the calves for sure. Yesterday I visited my friend's shoe store in Chicago as well as a Steve Madden store in the "Bucktown" area which always has edgier styles than the outlet store at the Fashion Outlets Mall by O'Hare Airport. I wore my NineWest ankle wedge boots and my Jessica Simpson "Carlow" sandals. Good times. I showed my shoe friend this site and tried to set him up as a  new member but I had to go before his validation code came back. His store sells higher heels (skyscraperheels.com) most of which are US-made and his sizes go to US16. I hope he enjoys this forum and see more sales as a  result. Maybe a few of our members will buy some "work heels" like you have :)

HappyinHeels