Instore Shopping In The USA

Jura

On 22/03/2017 at 11:57 PM, HappyinHeels said:

Jura,

What I didn't say was I encourage you to wear heels for as much of your trip as possible. Wear boots in colder or rural areas and perhaps sandals or pumps in the warmer and urban areas. You can get gas, get a coffee, or stop to eat wearing some type of heeled shoe without much notice these days. All depends on how it is put together. You can check into a hotel or family-run motel wearing your heels and not really have to think about it. These days if you are minding your business and are spending money that is all that matters. You may get nice comments in the cities and may even get a few in the rural areas. Wherever you go and wear just do it with confidence. Americans like confident people and it shows the world you are not afraid.  I think most people worldwide like confident but courteous people. I think a great trip awaits you.

Los Angeles and area is good to find and wear heels. Flagstaff is beautiful and accepting of all sorts of people. Chicago is a good place to shop and wear whatever you want. New York City is a mix of everything imaginable. You could wear everything from thigh-high boots to pumps to wedge sandals as a man and just blend into the urban mosaic that is NYC. What can you say about a place where a man and a woman standing together wearing 7" heels can both be complimented equally on their outfits?? I think NYC appreciates style and expression carried off with confidence. It is a very confident place indeed. Some of the shopping is unique in the USA so be prepared.  HappyinHeels

I think I want to move to NYC!

• Like 1

Jura,

Glad to know you had a good time. That's a cool pic of your old truck, but I hope you didn't drive on the left side of the road too often in the US! LOL

Please include Ohio on your itinerary next time! We'd love to show you around.

Steve

• Like 1

Jura,

I would second that motion on visiting Steve63130 in Ohio. I have visited Steve and his lovely wife three times over the years as part of a larger trip. I always wore rather high heels (wedges or stilettos) and we went shopping, eating in restaurants, and walked around with he in his low heel clogs and me in my 6" heels, with feminine jewelry, and a handbag and had nothing but a good time. Well worth the time and effort. A nice town and caring people. Come back to our magnificent country again and enjoy some more of it.....heeled up of course.  HappyinHeels  

• Like 2

On 14/06/2017 at 5:02 PM, SF said:

Where was that picture taken??  I am guessing somewhere near Amboy or Essex???  That section of Route 66 thru the desert is beautiful, especially in the spring after all the rain we have had....   have fun...   sf

PS  Remember this place???    

IMG_4264.jpg

How could anyone not remember Amboy! The pic was actually taken a little further east, towards Needles. The EZ66 Guide we had with us (which I can't recommend enough, fabulous book) described the section as 'very rough, avoid', so we we didn't, obviously. The book was right though, the dirt shoulder was smoother! 

On 14/06/2017 at 6:33 PM, mlroseplant said:

I'm happy your trip went well! I'm also glad that the truck performed well, and had had a modern drivetrain put in it. As a old pickup buff, on the one hand, I kind of hate to see it when a truck like that is "rodded," but I also realize that the original drivetrain is not practical to drive on today's highways. I suppose without the drivetrain swap, the old girl would probably be in the junkyard, so all is well!

Hey, I'm the same myself, that's why we didn't have the body restored. But Mabel will be my daily driver in the U.K. now, until I'm too old and silly and they take my licence away (and probably after that too!). I also have two '31 Model A Fords, a coupe and a lakes-modified, both flathead powered, so I'm keeping the old school alive as best I can :cheeky:

• Like 1

Jura....  I thought it was in that general area.  I get out there quite often.  Beautiful place.....    Glad you were able to experience the desert.  Have fun....   sf

Trivia:  Europe is the only continent that has no deserts.....   

"Why should girls have all the fun!!"

16 hours ago, Jura said:

Hey, I'm the same myself, that's why we didn't have the body restored.

The unrestored image looks good, but do what you can to preserve it.

:wavey:

I dream of a world where chickens can cross roads without having their motives questioned.

On 14/06/2017 at 4:02 PM, SF said:

Where was that picture taken??  I am guessing somewhere near Amboy or Essex???  That section of Route 66 thru the desert is beautiful, especially in the spring after all the rain we have had....   have fun...   sf

PS  Remember this place???    

IMG_4264.jpg

I recall that place when I drove that road back in the 80s, but I don't think that row of little cottages was there