cowboy boots

killer heels

I've found when I wear my western or cowboy boots that these days I prefer those with a higher heel. Unsure how high perhaps 1.5 inches 

I'm 5'5 so enjoy a bit of extra height but tend to disguise with boot cut jeans.  Anyone else enjoy wearing them? 

Edited by killer heels
  • Like 2

I'm about the same height as you and feel the same about having the extra heel height, I think 1.5 inches would be a safe men's heel, think you can afford to be a bit more adventurous and go to 3 to 3.5 inch Cuban or block heel, not sure what size you take but I'd look at women's cowboy boots still worn with your cut jeans and you'll look and feel amazing, what part of the uk are you from, I'm in the midlands and would love to meet up with you and help you shop for a pair 

• Like 1

I love wearing cowboy boots and have many pairs, styles, and various heel heights.  I really want to find a nice pair of women's cowboy boots with 4-5" heels, love the Frye cowgirl boots, but rarely find them in my size....

2 hours ago, maninboots said:

I'm about the same height as you and feel the same about having the extra heel height, I think 1.5 inches would be a safe men's heel, think you can afford to be a bit more adventurous and go to 3 to 3.5 inch Cuban or block heel, not sure what size you take but I'd look at women's cowboy boots still worn with your cut jeans and you'll look and feel amazing, what part of the uk are you from, I'm in the midlands and would love to meet up with you and help you shop for a pair 

Thanks. Whatdo you enjoy about the extra high heels on your boots can I ask? UK size7/8

Edited by killer heels
  • Like 1

I like the feeling of being a little taller even if I don't actually look taller but I also like the elegance and posture that a high heel gives you together with the adrenaline buzz and attention you get when wearing them out in public 

• Like 2

12 hours ago, killer heels said:

Thanks. Whatdo you enjoy about the extra high heels on your boots can I ask? UK size7/8

That's a question that is not easily explained. If someone with complete dominion over the world decreed that the maximum heel height was 3 inches, I don't think I'd even bother going through the trouble of wearing heels at all. Anything that low just doesn't give me the feeling of well-being that I'm after, and I like the look of a higher heel. It has nothing to do with increasing my actual height (I am 5'5" also).

I just bought a couple pair of ankle boots, posted in the "who bought new boots" thread. Both have a western look to them, both have a heel that resembles a western heel. One pair has just under a 3" heel. The other a 4" heel. Check it out if you like western style boots.

• Like 1

On ‎15‎/‎03‎/‎2017 at 8:30 PM, maninboots said:

Has anyone ever been accused of being arrogant when wearing their cowboy boots? Obviously the heels make you walk differently which some may comment on negatively. I can recall  friend saying I looked silly in mine once

Edited by killer heels
  • Like 1

• 2 weeks later...

Most of my boots have a 3-4 inch western heel.  That is "my" style.  It's also what my high arch seems happy walking in and wearing all day.  I have some that are lower of course and even a pair of 5" Frye's from a few years ago.  Here in Texas they love boots and I get many compliments. 

Edited by blueparrot
  • Like 1

Yes, I enjoy wearing cowboy boots, but not so much because of the heel, but because I like the Western look of a cowboy boot. Altbough, it is nice to be able to "get away" with wearing a higher heel as a guy. For me, a 1 1/2" - 2" underslung cowboy boot heel, really isn't much of heel, though! Especially, since I wear 4" - 4 1/2" single sole stilettos fairly regularly. One thing I do enjoy, is wearing cowgirl boots that somewhat pass as a guy's style in terms of the leather tooling and stitching, but that have an obviously higher heel than most cowboy boots. I'm talking cowgirl boots with heel heights in the 2" - 4 1/2" range. Usually, these heels are still somewhat blocky and stacked, but also narrower than the traditional cowboy boot heel. Occasionally, I find a pair of stiletto cowgirl boots in a style I like, and when I do, I add them to my collection. So, yes, I do enjoy wearing cowboy boots!

• Like 1

On ‎3‎/‎29‎/‎2017 at 7:33 PM, blueparrot said:

Most of my boots have a 3-4 inch western heel.  That is "my" style.  It's also what my high arch seems happy walking in and wearing all day.  I have some that are lower of course and even a pair of 5" Frye's from a few years ago.  Here in Texas they love boots and I get many compliments. 

Would love to see those 5" Fryes, I want a pair so badly

• 1 month later...
On 3/29/2017 at 4:33 PM, blueparrot said:

How often do you get asked by other men "where did you get those boots, I want a pair?" when you've got your 4" or 5" boots on?

I've had several men want to get a pair of my Madden Girl calf high boots.  I just tell them truth, "sorry they're sold out."

Edited by Cali
  • Like 2

swedeheeler---- Nice looking pair of cowboy boots. Mine are a bit lighter shade of brown.

How ever, This is my idea of cowboy boots.  I love wearing these puppies with a brown skirt.

spikesmike

DSCF5178.JPG

• Like 6

• 1 month later...
  • 2 months later...