Jean Gaborit thigh boots - opinion

Hello,

does anyone of you, lads & gents had ordered from Jean Gaborit by any chance? My girlfriend is about to order a pair of thigh boots from them but she's not sure about the quality. Last time, when she bought a pair of boots from Estres Modes, she felt they've used too thin leather and after as she couldn't wear boots over the jeans comfortably (because of some backlash in upper part as leather used was literally too soft/thick to hold up the leg in jeans properly), I helped her to sold out these boots (these were those red ones I posted some time ago over the forums). Now she's looking for something spectacular and good quality but with the exception of Mori brand, she has no knowledge of what's good and what brands/manufacturers are enough ok to contact.

Any advices?

I wish I could afford Jean Gaborit boots. :roll:  If I ever make it to Paris that will be one of my first stops.

I posted their contact information in this post and I suggest you contact them with your concerns.  Also search this site for "Jean Gaborit" with the search box at the top of this page.  There have been lots of good comments.

Edited by Thighbootguy
typo

I dream of a world where chickens can cross roads without having their motives questioned.

I did some research and many people are complaining much about its poor communication, much longer delivery time and, what's most important, their measurement (some of members here had experienced a faulty/bad measurement).

Maybe someone, who have ordered any pair can tell more? Did they improve their service now?

I have a couple pair of their otk boots and really like them. Mine are suede and the leather is very high quality, thick and luxurious. I did see where some people on this forum had issues with communications and fit but that was some time ago and of course one does not know all the background detals. I can only say that in my experience (quite recent) they were wonderful to deal with. No issues at all, and they delivered pretty much exactly as promised and when they said they would.   And their boots are lovely.

as a side note, I think this should have been posted in general chit-chat or the for everybody forum. It is not likely to get noticed much here.

Edited by Shyheels
  • Like 1

• 2 months later...

Yes, I have 4 pairs of made to measure Jean Gaborit boots, I have 2 pairs of their Turin thigh boots and a pair of Soho chapboots and a pair of 5" high heeled black leather boots with white leather piping (can't remember the model designation).  My wife has 2 pairs (Bayonne and Sara).

We have found them very high quality but make sure that you do carefully specify sizing and shoe size (the first pair of my Turin boots were made on a smaller than specified last.

I can recommend.  Sadly prices have increased drastically over recent years.  Incidentally, my other favourite French boot maker is Ernest of Paris.

• 2 months later...