Taking Photos Of Your Heels

Hello all, just a quick question for you;

How do you all take photos of your heels whilst you're wearing them? Does your partner or a friend do it for you? Do you use a camera with a timer? Do you use a selfie-stick attached to your phone? 

Im hoping to take some pics when I get a chance, mainly to share on here, and I'll probably use my iPhone in some way, so I'm after any tips in advance to make them as good as possible. I'll probably be taking them myself, so thinking the selfie-stick might be the way forward. What are your thoughts? 

Thanks in advance, Jura ;) 

• Like 1

I have done all that you mentioned.   I have had my GF take some. I have used the timer on my iPhone, which is a pain.  The best pictures are when I stop people on the street or in a store and ask them to take my picture. I have only been turned down 2 times.   

• Like 2

For shoe shots I use my phone and usually hold my arms out while semi bent over stategically trying to frame my picture. Usually takes multiple tries to get a good photo. And proper lighting and background is another thing to consider. You want to make those heels "pop". Lol. Trying to see black heels against a dark background isn't very flattering. My phone has a voice recognition or hand gesture which allows to take photos without a timer. This way you can be sure you are positioned right with the proper lighting. Hope this helps. Looking forward to seeing how you make out with your photography.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

Most of my pictures are taken with a 10 second timer in my camera.  I don't normally mess with a tripod rather I have a couple of locations with a convenient flat spot to hold the camera.  For close ups I hand hold the camera an position it so it does not cast a shadow.  There are often some contortions involved in doing this and usually required several tries. One nice thing about digital cameras is that the film is cheep.  When I was shooting outdoor videos, I used a tripod, set up the scene, started the camera, perform the scene, then edited the whole thing later.  This took about four times longer than if I had had a helper.:penitent:

:wavey:

• Like 2

I dream of a world where chickens can cross roads without having their motives questioned.

Addendum...

I take pictures at the highest resolution available on my camera and then use Photoshop to crop the image.  I store the high resolution cropped image (10M) on my computer.  However, to create an image for posting at hhplace, I resample the image in Photoshop so that it is 7" high at 72 dpi (dots per inch) which generates a file in the 30K range that seems to display well in my browser.

I'd appreciate some feedback if this size is not working for others.

• Like 1

I dream of a world where chickens can cross roads without having their motives questioned.

I've been using a 14-year old point and shoot camera on a tripod with a 10 second timer to take my pictures for years now which I then reduce to 6" wide by 8" high in Photoshop for display here at HHP. I practice my poses for a couple of minutes before I turn on the camera and that helps things run smoothly. Using a tripod is a good thing as it keeps your camera on a solid and steady base for picture taking.

I don't want to LOOK like a woman, I just want to DRESS like a woman!

11 hours ago, Thighbootguy said:

Addendum...

I take pictures at the highest resolution available on my camera and then use Photoshop to crop the image.  I store the high resolution cropped image (10M) on my computer.  However, to create an image for posting at hhplace, I resample the image in Photoshop so that it is 7" high at 72 dpi (dots per inch) which generates a file in the 30K range that seems to display well in my browser.

I'd appreciate some feedback if this size is not working for others.

Well, I am not to versed in the pixels/size of pictures I have taken....All I can say is that I am using the same old outdated IPhone I used for the pictures I posted a few weeks back...I get advised that the picture is too large when I try to upload the latest pictures....

I too have encountered that problem too. File has been to large to upload. Just simply strategically cropped out any unnecessary background from the picture. If not you can change your photo settings to a lower setting.

All, Sounds good so far. Here's one more idea which definitely works. When you're in a store and have tried on a pair of heels you know you are going to buy ask the associate who helped you to take a photo of your new purchase. For you it is a different perspective and for the salesperson it is something positive they didn't see coming. This is all predicated upon someone having spent some effort helping you and this is the recognition of that effort. It works and it a fantastic way to enhance your shopping.  HappyinHeels

• Like 2

• 2 months later...

Maybe I could write up a brief how -to if ya want?

This is simple ad photography, that starts with a A0 paper (like tha rear side of a map or a poster on the wall), ends up as a 230Kb file from Photoshop.

My doggie here is a 35 Meg Nikon raw file, this upload is a 280Kb file which is only sharpened and reduced.

voffeverandaopy.jpg

6 hours ago, OldMountain said:

My doggie here is a 35 Meg Nikon raw file, this upload is a 280Kb file which is only sharpened and reduced.

I use Photoshop to crop my images and then reduce the image size to 7" high at 72 dpi which generally produces a file in the 30k range.  This generates a decent image for the web with good (user friendly) download speed.   Nice dog.

My photo come in at about 5 - 8,000Kb. 

I open them up in "Window Photo Gallery" and crop them there. While in Window Photo Gallery I open Paint and under "IMAGE" I "RESIZE" to 50%. Then save.

Down to under 300Kb.

That's why I have been posting so many pictures lately.

Edited by Cali

• 11 months later...
On 6/12/2017 at 5:35 AM, Cali said:

My photo come in at about 5 - 8,000Kb. 

I open them up in "Window Photo Gallery" and crop them there. While in Window Photo Gallery I open Paint and under "IMAGE" I "RESIZE" to 50%. Then save. 

Down to under 300Kb.

That's why I have been posting so many pictures lately.

You can try office picture manager.

It comes with office. Very very useful. You see your pictures in thumbnails much more faster than in explorer.

You can set resizing commands to a bunch of photos, and then decide to actually apply the changes to the files ... or not.

Only problem: I just can't understand how it accesses files. It kind of register a file path to your directory, instead of opening the actual files. Strange but efficient.

• 2 weeks later...

My pictures are taken in variety of ways.  Sometimes I take the shot handheld (with my long monkey arms), use a tripod with a delay timer, take a shot of my reflection in a mirror (this usually results in poor quality), or have the wife or friend take the pics - you know, plain yankee ingenuity.  I also take the pics at different resolutions so I can easily send or post them at places, like right here....

Have fun all...   sf

"Why should girls have all the fun!!"

If you are taking pictures with a phone. Many of them have a voice activated shutter. Mine has a setting that requires you to say "cheese" and takes the photo. The only factor is that it has to be set to auto flash to adjust to the proper lighting conditions. And make sure you set your phone in a secure and proper place to be in the field of vision.

Edited by bnchmrk

Sometimes I just set my phone with a 10 second self timer, and prop it up against somewhere to take them, but it's not great quality, so then I use a tripod and my wife's Sony Cybershot camera 12.5mp with a 10 second self timer, and I'm usually good to go.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 months later...

I am using the app Osnap! on my iPad which you can set up to take photos at certain intervals (timer), it keeps taking photos until you stop it. I spend the most time setting up the device up, so it doesn't fall over, and also choosing a nice space where some posing can happen. After that it's all about Photoshop.